No announcement yet.

Jon00 Database Charting Utility for Homeseer 3 & Homeseer 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I knew I had to be doing something wrong.. Thanks for your help... Again..
    RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Hi Jon,

I installed and configured the update. Plugin is working normally, however I'll have to let time decide if the min/max is functional, as I can't reproduce the conditions that cause my sensors to give erroneous readings.

Thank you for the update! I'll let you know how it proceeds. I typically have a bad reading about once per week, so may take some time to notice.
      Mike

Comment

OK, just to let you know, it will replace the problematic reading with the last good reading. I thought this was a better solution than setting it to 0.
        Jon

Comment

That sounds perfect! Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Mike

Comment

The other thing I forgot to mention is that the max and min values relate to the final stored value i.e. after is has gone through any multiplier setting (if used).
            Jon

Comment

Ok, that makes sense too [emoji3]. Thanks Jon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Mike

Comment

Hi Jon,
                I was able to get the chart utility working.

I do have a question, is it possible to access the SQLite database (charting database)?

What is SQLite database settings (IP address, name of database, user name, password, etc..)?

Btw, I'm planning to make a donation to your website. Thanks for all your great programs. Keep up the good work.

Ray

Comment

You will find the database in your Homeseer HS3\Bin\Jon00DBChart folder and called jon00dbcharting.db3

It is open access so you can use something like SQLiteBrowser
                  Jon

Comment

Perfect, that exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks,
                    Ray

Comment

Small newbie question here.

The charting.ini set to 11 is each minute and 12 is for 5 minute if i understand the manual correctly. But its ok that it writes to the database every 1 minute since some devices are not constant on and it would be good for them to be read from "all the time".

But how can i change the timespan on a chart? On a chart i think an avarage of 5-10-15-30-45-60 etc. min would be good But do i get this?

But also how do i use the charts from device as image in HSTouch?
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by U5tabil; June 28, 2015, 03:51 PM.
                      Certified installer for HomeSeer, Control4, KNX and Eaton/xComfort

Comment

I'm not sure what chart you are talking about. The one on the web page (as shown) or one you can insert to HSTouch?

For the web page, you have selected a timespan of 46 hours

If you are recording data every minute that is:

60 X 46 = 2760 data points on the chart. As you have also selected it to show the actual values for each data point you have the mess shown.

Select line chart from the drop down and select the yellow background. This will remove the values.
                        Jon

Comment

More like is it possible to collect data every minute but show a chart from every hour, that shows the avarage?

Also yes one that i can insert in HSTouch. I have tried having a status tracking with the chart from devices. but that does not show up. Is there something i need to do first?
                          Certified installer for HomeSeer, Control4, KNX and Eaton/xComfort

Comment

That's not possible. The charts are generated and plotted directly from the database entries. You can configure additional databases that record data at a slower interval if you want.

I'm not sure what you have done wrong with your other charts so please post or email me your 3 ini files.
                            Jon

Comment

Feature Request: Current value possible?

Hi Jon,

Is it possible to add an optional Current Value parameter to the legend (min/max/avg) for devices? I find I am wanting to know the exact (current) value of some of my plots, sometimes difficult to tell depending on how the graphs auto-scale. I use these graphs consistently, and sometimes go back to Device Management to see actual current value.

btw, so far so good on the maximum/minimum value threshold update!

Thanks for your consideration, and for a great plugin!
                              Mike

Comment

Mike,

Done. Please download 1.0.9.2 from the same link I sent you earlier.

Use [cur] for 2 decimal places or [CUR] for 1
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X