No announcement yet.

Jon00 Database Charting Utility for Homeseer 3 & Homeseer 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fantastic Jon! Works beautifully. Thank you!
    Mike

Comment

Team,

Any idea what the maximum database size is?
      (what if I fill up the SQLite DB with 1000 records a day)

What could we expect performance wise?

Cheers!
      DJ

PS. great plugin

Comment

The limit is approx 140 terabytes (140000Gb)

You should not see any performance issues...
        Jon

Comment

Hi Jon,

I believe I discovered a small bug with the new data min/max value parameters.

I have a power chart for my two incoming phases, monitoring amps/volts/ watts. This afternoon my air-conditioning kicked on (it was 95 deg.F here today). I had previously set an arbitrary value for Data1MaxValue & Data2MaxValue of 30 (amps) for both incoming phases. When the a/c kicked on, phase 1 went from 14 to ~35 amps, phase 2 just below 30.

What I ended up with was the [CUR] value for phase 1 (Data1MaxValue) 'stuck' at 14.01, which was the previous valid reading before the limit kicked in. Likewise the graph was flatlined at 14.01 as long as the 30 limit was exceeded. It appeared as if there was a problem with the devicevalue, or something relating to triggering, so I spent a bit of time trying to figure this out. It wasn't that obvious because the graph didn't indicate the amps exceeded the limit.

So maybe my inital request was taken too literally - lol. Instead of throwing away any value that exceeds the limit, how about we truncate the value instead. That way the graph will include the max/min limit values.

I hope this made sense.

Thank you.

(no rush by the way)
          Last edited by mwaite; July 1, 2015, 12:11 AM.
          Mike

Comment

So, just to clarify....if we use:

Data1MaxValue=30
            Data1MinValue=5

If the metric exceeds 30, the value stays at 30. If the metric drops below 5 the value stays at 5?
            Jon

Comment

Yes, I believe that would be a better workflow, does it make sense to you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Mike

Comment

Makes perfect sense! I'll put the changes in when I get home tonight.
                Jon

Comment

Great, thank you Jon!
                  Mike

Comment

New Installation has No Data

Jon00,
                    I downloaded and installed your PI yesterday(date on .exe is 3/18/15). I assume this is your latest released version.

When I started the .exe, all the demo devices where created but they are all empty. Viewing with your .aspx pages they are also empty. There seems to be something updating every 15 seconds but no data. Should I move on beyond the demo or should I address this problem? How can I see the data(there is no "+" sign at top of .aspx page).
                    Thanks for your help,
                    BobSpen

Comment

Can you elaborate what you mean by empty. Do you see empty charts in the devices?

On the Device Management page, ensure you have "Utility" checked under Floor, "Jon00 DemoDBChart" under Room and "Virtual" under Device Type.
                      Jon

Comment

Jon00,
                        By empty, I mean there is a chart in the device, with title, legends, but a blank "chart area". And yes, the Floor/Room/DeviceType are as you stated.
                        Thanks,
                        BobSpen

Comment

Have you altered any of the ini settings as installed?
                          Jon

Comment

Jon00,
                            No. I just installed and started the .exe file.
                            Thanks,
                            Bob

Comment

Well I'm stumped. Double check that you have installed all files in the correct folders.

Download DB Browser for SQLite and open up the jon00dbchartingdemo.db3 file located in the Homeseer 3\Bin\Jon00DBChart folder.

Does the database contain random numbers or is it blank?
                              Jon

Comment

Jon00,
                                I have triple checked(now) that all files are in their proper places.
                                And there is NO file called jon00dbchartingdemo.db3 located in the Homeseer 3\Bin\Jon00DBChart folder.

Note: I don't know if this has anything to do with this problem but my HS3 is not installed in the "programs" directory, it's directly under C:\????

Thanks for staying with this,
                                BobSpen

Comment

Working...
                                X