• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all,

I got a pretty basic question for you.
    Where can I locate the device value to put in "Data1="
    http://i.imgur.com/48fhoES.png

All new to HS and automation, so I'm as green as they come. But reading and trying to learn as much as I can!

Comment

Data1=$dvr: is 29 on your screenshoot. Reference ID = 29.

Regards
      Morten

Comment

Thanks Morten.

To confirm your entry would be:

Data1=$dvr:29
        Jon

Comment

Thanks.
          Then I will have another go at it =)

Edit: Looks like that did the trick.. Almost to believe that you guys now what you are talking about
          Thank you!
          Last edited by Groot; December 17, 2015, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Groot View Post
            Thanks.

Edit: Looks like that did the trick.. Almost to believe that you guys now what you are talking about
            Thank you!
            I should do as I wrote it!
            Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
              I should do as I wrote it!
              I figured that much

Just me trying to be funny

Comment

Hi, I want to log my heatpump with your charting plugin. I have charting working on other devices, so the plugin works and it looks great, thanks for that.

But for the heatpump I had to write a plugin that reads the data from the heatpump over RS485. I did that and the plugin creates virtual devices which the plugin updates.

All my virtual devices (they are created under one root device) have the Address "HOME" and no code. So I add a code to one of them, just A-1. I can now see that the device gets the "Technology Address" "HOME-A1" I add that the same way to the config files as I did with my other charted devices:
                Data2=$dva:HOME-A1
                Data2Label=Degree Minutes
                The logging of my christmast tree power consumption that works looks like this:
                Data1=$dva:0061EB21-041-Q223
                Data1Label=W

For some reason my heatpump logs does not change from 0 even thou the value does change in the virtual device.

Any suggestions?
                Last edited by Agwan; December 26, 2015, 07:16 AM. Reason: I restarted HomeSeer and the plugins again and then it started working.

Comment

I would recommend you try using the device reference ID number and using:

Data1=$dvr:<ref ID number>
                  Jon

Comment

The problem is that the reference ID changes each time I start the plugin. Perhaps something I need to change in the plugin.

I get the charts looking like this now, can I reset the database or anything? It did look ok for a while. Until I changed the chart from showing just the last 6 mins to show the last 10 days.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I think you should fix the device ID as it is not normal practice for it to change on a restart.

I'm not sure what you are asking. The chart shows that way because you are plotting many data points. You either have to remove the values and show a line chart, reduce the update frequency in the database or adjust the time period to suit.
                      Jon

Comment

Sorry for the non thread-related question. How do you fix the device ID? Do you store it in a file or do you read it from HomeSeer when the plugin starts?

Comment

I spent today adding dygraph support to the dynamic charting web page.

This provides a number of advantages including dynamic mouse-over values, highlighting, zoom, shift + mouse scrolling etc.

There will be support for 4 styles:

Area, Line, Step and Stacked Area.

You just click the little V button to toggle between the ASP.NET charts and dycharts.

I'm still testing/tweaking but should be available soon.
                          Attached Files
                          Jon

Comment

Excellent, thanks Jon! The mouse over interactive graphs are awesome to track weather etc. I used to use a hosted service to do this. It is so much better to have it all running internally!

Comment

Before I release, would anyone be willing to try the new version with Dygraph support? If so, please PM me.
                              Jon

Comment

Hi Jon,

Dygraphs are awesome! I did as much testing as I could think of, I found literally nothing wrong (that I can blame on you - lol)!

In IE10 I noticed the formatting for labels is not correct / being ignored?:

Looks good in Chrome:

AND looks good in IE11:

Any idea on if it's just an IE10 thing or configuration in IE10?

Here's another item I noticed. Notice the top line (hot tub temp), temperature is solidly moving up/down:

But when I select that line, it gets some sort of high-frequency display:

(I purposely selected as many datapoints as would chart w/o error). Not a big deal, and probably nothing to do with your end.

This column overflow issue has been present, and not related to dygraph. I hadn't worried about it, but since I'm checking for issues, can it be fixed?:

Everything else is spot on. I couldn't break it. Any issue I noticed when first playing with it was already documented, so nice job.

I like the fact the Area Chart display in dygraph does a better job at transparency.

One feature request: When you create a chart on the fly, chart201_temp.png gets created. Can you do the same thing with the dygraph? (so it can be used once generated)

That's all I've got Jon, really very impressive.
                                Mike

Comment

Working...
                                X