Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jon00
    replied
    I've added a setting which stops the grouping. I'll send you a PM with the new version to try.

BTW, you only get this luxury when using HS3 devices. If they were HS4 devices, they each would still need a parent device and not seen like this.

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    Jon
    As a test, i removed the associateddevices from two charts (via a script). then I changed to HS4 Grid view. I prefer this view to see all the chart thumb nails on one screen.

after the charts update, they get grouped back together

is there anyway you can add an option to the next version to ungroup the individual charts from the Root/Parent Device? basically making them their own root device

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	176
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	1608929

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    All charts are grouped as features, referenced to the parent which is the manual update device. This is the same for HS3 and HS4 versions. If you want to have separate tiles, you would need to ungroup them manually (delete device relationships) using my grouping utility and set each device/chart to standalone status.

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    with v1.2.5 on HS4, is the following the expected behavior for displaying charts in the HS4 Grid view?

all the charts are child features of the Jon00 DBChart device

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	217
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	1608893

I would like to see each chart on its own tile. is this possible?

Leave a comment:

• racerfern
    replied
    jon00 Got it, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Your original post said you were getting values of -21784585

Therefore if you use #-200 , only values below minus 200 would be set to the previous database value.

Leave a comment:

• racerfern
    replied
    Although this brings up the possibility of never recording lower than a certain value as opposed to not recording an outlier.

Does the min value field need to contain "#" or "#50" for example.

bdraper so if the temp is dropping as it gets colder the lower temps won't be accurate?

Leave a comment:

• bdraper
    replied
    Originally posted by racerfern View Post
    Thanks for Billy for requesting and Jon for implementing!
    Implemented and hopefully working. I actually just thought of another chart I could use this on.

Thanks again.
    Jon did all the work

I use this setting for a lot of charts, especially temperature/humidity readings that are sent from some of my Arduino boards.

Glad you found a use for it.

Leave a comment:

• racerfern
    replied
    Thanks for Billy for requesting and Jon for implementing!
    Implemented and hopefully working. I actually just thought of another chart I could use this on.

Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• bdraper
    replied
    Originally posted by jon00 View Post
    Looking at the code, if you add a # to the min value setting, rather than setting it to the min value, it sets it to the last recorded database value.

So if the min entry was set to #100, any metric below 100 would be recorded as the same as the last valid database record.

I don't remember putting this feature in but someone must have asked the same question several years ago!
    I remember asking for that feature a number of years ago. Works like a charm!

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Looking at the code, if you add a # to the min value setting, rather than setting it to the min value, it sets it to the last recorded database value.

So if the min entry was set to #100, any metric below 100 would be recorded as the same as the last valid database record.

I don't remember putting this feature in but someone must have asked the same question several years ago!

Leave a comment:

• racerfern
    replied
    I have a chart that occasionally has a data point way outside the range of possibilities. More than likely from it not being updated at the source. The data point would be -21784585 or something like that. So I put in 0 for a minimum, but now I see a drop to zero

Up to now, I have only used the most basic settings in this PI. Is there a way to "filter" out these outliers so I have a usable graph?

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    I'm not sure I understand the issue related to charting?. If you are running HS4 as a service then potentially two HS4 applications will be running:

HomeSeerService.exe
    HS4.exe

I'm not sure if BLShutdown has been modified to shutdown services. If not it would only shutdown HS4.exe; leaving the service running.
    If the service is still running then the charting application will not shutdown automatically either.

If you go to my site, download Jon00 HS4 Utilities and get your shutdown event to run Jon00RestartHS4Service.exe (example in the docs).

Hopefully that will resolve your issue.

Leave a comment:

• mikeycoll
    replied
    Hi Jon, thank you so much for writing this plugin, it is very usefull. I have a question, I'm using BLShutdown to restart HS on a schedule to take care of some problems I've been having, since installing the charting utility when BLShutdown runs, it closes HS4 Program but leaves it running as a background service. I must go to Program Manager and shutdown HS4 in the background apps. Have you heard of this issue?

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Sorry, yes it's Jon00DBSetupASP.vben (I've updated my previous post).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X