Jon00 Database Charting Utility for Homeseer 3 & Homeseer 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Jon,

I'm of course also looking forward to the new release, but I'm wondering if it will fix my issue as well as my config seems to be fine, the database populating as expected - only the charts not turning up in HS (apart from the demo charts from first run)...

Regards,
    Alex

Originally posted by akurz View Post
    Hi Jon,

Like I said - the database itself is updating fine. I have all the expected records in the db3 and they keep getting added all right. I've added a screenshot of my DBTable1 below. My config for the first table is as follows:

[DBTable1]
    Name=Innentemperatur
    Delay=
    Data1=$dva:E5DCCD60-043-Q170
    Data1Label=Bad
    Data1Multiplier=
    Data2=$dva:E5DCCD60-060-Q163
    Data2Label=Office
    Data2Multiplier=
    Data3=$dva:E5DCCD60-030-Q121
    Data3Label=Flur Erdgeschoss
    Data3Multiplier=
    Data4=$dva:E5DCCD60-049-Q20
    Data4Label=Schlafzimmer Alex
    Data4Multiplier=
    Data5=$dva:E5DCCD60-026-Q126
    Data5Label=Esszimmer
    Data5Multiplier=
    Data6=$dva:E5DCCD60-027-Q131
    Data6Label=Wohnzimmer
    Data6Multiplier=
    Data7=$dva:E5DCCD60-029-Q136
    Data7Label=Wellness
    Data7Multiplier=
    Timer=16
    PurgeDays=365

Cheers,
    Alex

Comment

Have you set CreateVD=1 and set AutoUpdate=1 for each chart in your Jon00DBChartingCreate.ini?
      Jon

Comment

Wow, this looks very impressive Jon. Nice work. I look forward to using the new design.

Thanks for all your hard work.
        Billy

Comment

Jon,

looks absolutely fabulous! Keep up the good work.

Francois

Comment

That's really great news, Jon. Looking forward to try out the new version.

Comment

Jon,

Looks very promising! Cannot wait for the update as I am always a bit lazy on the INI files Will create a few more graphs for sure

Thanks in advance!

Wim
              -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Hi Jon,

No - I don't have pre-defined charts yet. I thought the only record in Jon00DBChartingCreate.ini related to dynamic chart creation is [Create201]? Do I need to pre-defined charts to run dynamic ones?

Thanks,
                Alex

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                Have you set CreateVD=1 and set AutoUpdate=1 for each chart in your Jon00DBChartingCreate.ini?

Comment

If you are just using the dynamic charts then no. You said charts in your last post so assumed you were displaying more than one.

Can you switch your Homeseer PC to use the US or UK language to see if that is the issue?

Are you still seeing the same random data in the chart table as before?
                  Jon

Comment

Just dynamic charts, that's right. I thought about time/date format as well. My system was always installed with a US English system, but set to German region & format. One of the first things I did when I noticed that something isnt working the way it should was removing the whole Jon00 Database Charting Utility, set the region & format to US English, reboot and set the tool up from scratch. Same problem, same data. The charts & data are always the same. Nothing's ever changed there. The .exe is still running fine in the background, the database is populated with correct data and all. The only thing that doesn't seem to work is the dynamic charting interface.

Cheers,
                    Alex

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                    If you are just using the dynamic charts then no. You said charts in your last post so assumed you were displaying more than one.

Can you switch your Homeseer PC to use the US or UK language to see if that is the issue?

Are you still seeing the same random data in the chart table as before?

Comment

V1.1.0 is now available

After testing by one of the forum members, I pleased to announce that V1.1.0 is now available.

This is a major update and provides web setup pages to configure Databases, Chart Creation and Chart Styles. If you are just using the dynamic charts to display metrics, you could be up and running in under 15 minutes!

Additional changes include:

Relating to Jon00DBChartingStyle.ini and Jon00DBChartingStyleDemo.ini:
                      Added BorderSkinBackColor, BorderSkinPageColor & BorderSkinGradient

Relating to Jon00DBChartingCreate.ini and Jon00DBChartingCreateDemo.ini:
                      Added PlotColor & SaveLastValues Added the ability to define any colour using ARGB values (Transparency plus Red, Green & Blue)

Other:
                      Added 8 new pre-defined chart definitions.
                      Corrected bug with Resized image routine.

I have spent significant amount of time working on the new GUI so would appreciate some feedback.

Please ensure you read/reread the documentation and Readmefirst.txt file.

If you spot any issues, please let me know.
                      Jon

Comment

Jon,
                        Thanks again for the hard work on all your plugins and scripts. I installed the new charting (upgrade to existing install), following your instructions. When I navigate to the Jon00DBSetup.asp page, all I see is a blank screen and am getting the following errors in the errorlog.

All the previously defined charts, and the dynamic charting, still work as before.

Thoughts?
                        Thanks
                        Jeff
                        Attached Files

Comment

Please read the installation instructions in the docs (scriptingreferences)
                          Jon

Comment

Jon,

I have been playing with the latest version for a few days now. I like it a lot as I am quite lazy editing ini files here. so presenting these lines in a webpage urges me more to create new graphs! My compliments for this change, thanks!

A few comments on the editing in webpages (working in Chrome here).
                            • When I start with a database that has not been edited yet with the webpages, the $dvr fields were erased before I could select the corresponding devices. The whole page was reset, loosing the information in that field.
                            • When I select a device in the selection row, the webpage seems to be refreshed, and the selected row is moved above the top line of the browser, which makes editing harder to follow as the field you are working with is suddenly gone.

Those are the major things I noticed. Once you know this, it is still easy to live with.

Thanks!

Wim
                            -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Thanks for the info. Do you have Firefox installed? If so, can you try the same on that?
                              Jon

Comment

Wim,

What settings did you have in the database before editing?

Regarding the second point, it would appear that Chrome is not honouring some the JavaScript code to push the page down once submitted. Firefox does.
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X