No announcement yet.

Jon00 Database Charting Utility for Homeseer 3 & Homeseer 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like my issue was just the doc file. The doc file must have been updated just after I downloaded the zip package and started the installation and learning process in mid to late March 2018.

All of the applicable exe and runtime files were from February 11, 2017.

Craig

Comment

V1.1.4 is now available

Version 1.1.4 is now available.

I have now added two additional virtual devices which can be used by HS3 Events to alter the time/date stamp for the last record in each Database table. By default this is by day and hour, however with the use of 'modifiers', this can be changed.

If you are running the last version, just replace the exe file. When run, you should see two additional virtual devices created.

Search the documentation for 'Changing the last database record' which gives comprehensive information on this new feature.
      Jon

Comment

That was quick! Thank you!

Is it possible that the new events must be run on the same day (or hour) as the date you attempt to change to the database timestamp. In my case (running the morning after testing for the resultant database change) there is no change to the last datestamp from just before midnight the prior day.

In fact, it doesn't appear that any timestamp in the database was modified. Thinking it may be the routine is written to correct the last time stamp on the day it is run.

Craig

Edit: May have answered my own question. I set up a duplicate DB entry where the date was the same as today's date (2018-04-07 23:59:00) and that date stamp was not changed when the event was manually triggered. Not sure where I am off the rails on this one.

Edit 2: The hour event is working correctly so it may be something in the date code.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by cbryan; April 7, 2018, 10:48 AM. Reason: Additional info

Comment

Hmm, I'll have another look tomorrow but I did test on 2 different databases. Are you sure you reloaded DB Browser table when you did the update?
          Jon

Comment

I did refresh the database table in the DB Browser for SQLite after running the event that updated the DBTable (if I understand your question correctly).

It's odd that the hour timestamp changes effectively and re-writes to the top of the prior hour but I've had no success with altering the day timestamp back to 00:00:00 at all.

Comment

Just checked and it was a bug. Please try V1.1.4.1
              Jon

Comment

While I am aware of the generic virus screen issue noted on your website this latest attempt to download 1.1.4.1 is being intercepted by Defender during the actual download process. Defender is deleting the download during the process.

Trojan:Win32/Fuerboos.C!cl

It may be that Defender has modified their scan algos but this was never detected during the download in the past.

Edit: Probably false positive. There is some prior traffic on the web where MS supposedly has fixed the issue but the MS AI may have kicked it out again.

Comment

All I can suggest is you disable Windows Defender to download the file.
                  Jon

Comment

Yes sir, that's what I did. Interesting outcome in that it fixed the database but broke the chart. Probably related to the differing time stamp cutoff points. I'll play around with those and see if it fixes the chart.
                    Attached Files

Comment

No wait, 1.1.4.1 appears to have reset the 4/6/20018 and the 4/7/2018 entry is missing.

Comment

Jon

Comment

Reverted to backup copy of DBase and checked DBase data before and after running the event to reset the timestamp to beginning of the day. The event in V1.1.4.1 worked without error and all data was present with the last point set to "2018-04-07 00:00:00". So I believe V1.1.4.1 fixed all DBase datestamp issues.

As for the chart issue, I manually reset all of the timestamps for each metric datapoint to the beginning of each of the respective days ("yyyy-mm-dd 00:00:00") so all datestamps were uniform as to the time of day and the chart was restored to original intended design.

Thanks Jon!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Good to hear!

Have you thought about setting your columns to use partial transparency?
                            Jon

Comment

I'm not sure what happened the first time I ran the event in V1.1.4.1 but the 2018-04-07 point just disappeared. I did not check the DBase before and after just running just the datestamp mod event but did on this latest test. Everything was OK.

The first time I just ran the chart update event right after the modify datestamp event but I can't see how the chart update event would change anything in the DBase since it presumably just reads the data and plots.

A mystery but appears all is well now.

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                                Good to hear!

Have you thought about setting your columns to use partial transparency?

Yes, the actual chart is far from fully tweaked. I wanted to get the basic concept and layout down first then modify for most useful presentation.

I created a chart for each of my six thermostats (two stand alone and four on the zone controller upstairs) and "your" charts have already revealed several areas where better HVAC system programming would lead to cost savings.

We are in our "swing season" here so one day may be 90 degrees F and the next day 25 degrees F.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X