Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
    Good to hear!

Have you thought about setting your columns to use partial transparency?
    Regarding your partial transparency suggestion, is there a particular location within the Jon00DBChartingStyle.ini file that the [CustomPalette] provisioning should occur?

Thinking of inserting something along these lines:

[CustomPalette]
    1=LightGray,LightBlue,LightPink,128+119+136+153,128+30+144+2 55,128+255+105+180,Purple,OliveDrab,LightSeaGreen,Sienna

First attempt placing the above at the top of the Jon00DBChartingStyle.ini file ended up corrupting the Jon00DBChartingStyle.ini file so that several [ChartStylexx] were lost.

Fortunately, created a backup prior to the experiment so all back to normal after restoring the backup Jon00DBChartingStyle.ini file.

Comment

The [CustomPalette] entry should already be in place and located at the very bottom of the Jon00DBChartingStyle.ini file.
      Jon

Comment

Working like a champ. Very cool. Thanks!

Craig
        Attached Files

Comment

So are you using this new feature after you update and build your graphs? i.e Create a separate charting reset event?

I normally update/build my charts at 23:59: each day...

Are you using Modify DBase time(day) then?

Robert
          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

This is a work in progress timing wise. For now the database is updated and the datestamp is reset to yyyy-mm-dd 00:00:00 just prior to midnight then the graph itself is updated just after midnight.
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for that. I've modified my event using your process.. Time will tell.

Robert
              HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                Thanks for that. I've modified my event using your process.. Time will tell.

Robert
                Were you using the script before to reset the database?
                Jon

Comment

No... It wasn't really a big deal. However, since you now offered a solution, I thought it would be good to take advantage of it.

Thanks again!

Robert

Comment

.net charting X axis question (Wind Rose Graph)

It appears that your charting defaults the X axis to the timestamp in the database. Can this be redefined to allow something other than the Database timestamp as X axis data?

By definition, the .net radar chart plots X data along the circumference of the outer circle with Y data plots within the range from the center of the circle to the outer limit (radius).

As an example a database is created to collect wind data (direction, speed and gust) with the intent of plotting this data on a radar chart. The usual "Wind Rose" case would be to plot the wind direction along the outer X axis with the speed and gust components as Y axis metrics (radius) within the X axis directional data along the circumference.

Thanks,

Craig

Comment

No, that would not be easy. Whilst all charts are available from the charting control, I had to settle on fixing the database X-values to the date/time as that is the norm for the majority of the charts rendered.
                      Jon

Comment

That's what I thought. The radar chart is kind of obscure anyway just by nature. There is another way to plot wind direction and speed linearly similar to the methodology used by WunderGround so I'll head that way.

Thanks for the response.

Craig

Comment

Error in BuildDyGraph:

Jon, this looks fantastic, I tried setting up, and followed the notes, However a few seconds after HS starting I get this in the event log:

Error in BuildDyGraph: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at scriptcode3.VBWrapper.BuildDyGraph(String CreateNo)

I've also attached a screenshot of the error too.

Any ideas what I've done wrong?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Do you allow the internet on your HS3 system? It has to download the DyGraph file if it cannot find it?

Also you have copied the 3 Homeseer dll files across to the charting directory?
                            Jon

Comment

I'm suddenly having an issue that fails to create a chart which has been working fine. The only warning is to check the log and the log says:

Apr-15 09:55:23 Jon00_DBChart Timeout Error: Chart took to long to render

Where do I start?

Comment

Have you checked the plugin is running?
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X