No announcement yet.

Jon00 Database Charting Utility for Homeseer 3 & Homeseer 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, I didn’t, although empty devices of ...demo... were created.
    Michael

Comment

One thing I noticed is that you setup DBTable2. You must use DBTable1 and then add Databases in strict order.
      Jon

Comment

Success - Deleted DBTable2 and am using DBTable1. Thanks for your help!
        Michael

Comment

I attached a zigbee temp sensor to the exhaust vent of the dryer. My plan is to notify the household that the dryer is done after the temp drops below a certain point that I still need to figure out. However, unlike other zigbee or z-wave devices, the temperature is not captured in the log. It does update about every 15 minutes when it's steady and more often when it's changing. So it does display the correct temp in the HS3 main window.

I can run the chart but just get a straight line of 150 because that's what I set as the max. I have the correct REF number and for now I have fixed timer referenced to 1 minute. I used Jon00Perfmon that also does not get written to the log and those values chart without a problem. What am I missing?

Comment

May be better to post a screen grab of the properties of the zigbee sensor device (i.e showing device value, string etc).
            Jon

Comment

Attached is everything I have. However, I may have found the problem, it's me. I had the max value at 50 and the min value at 150. Actually I'm surprised I didn't get a warning or error. I've corrected that, now will wait for data.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 01-09-19 at 01.15 PM 001.PNG
Views:	123
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	1274253Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 01-09-19 at 01.15 PM.PNG
Views:	130
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	1274254Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 01-09-19 at 01.16 PM 001.PNG
Views:	140
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	1274255Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 01-09-19 at 01.16 PM.PNG
Views:	142
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	1274256Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 01-09-19 at 01.18 PM.PNG
Views:	141
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	1274257

Comment

Got a question about purge days. I created a table to capture my HVAC run time and cycle times each day. I was playing with my data imports when I setup the table. To get rid of my test data, I set the purge days to 1 and just waited for the other values to fall off, and they did. Now I set the days back to 360 but I only keep one day. I even checked the values in the ini file and this is how they are set:
                Name=HVAC
                PurgeDays=360
                Timer=
                Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong?

Comment

Not really. Did you restart the plugin?
                  Jon

Comment

Yes, even rebooted the PC?

Comment

I went and changed the event to trigger every minute to test. I have it set for manual update. I noticed that I have 2 manual update devices in the drop down. I changed it to the other one and it did add another record. But the next run did not add another record?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Something is not right. I cannot see why you would be getting duplicate devices, especially as their addresses are fixed. Please stop the plugin, delete all virtual devices and restart. New devices should then be created. We can take it from there.
                        Jon

Comment

Jon:

I am still experimenting with this outstanding program. Once again you have published another gem.

I do have a question about DBDayModifier. Page 12 of the help guide talks about adding day or hour modifiers to Jon00DBCharting.ini under the [DBTableX]. Does it make any difference where under the DBTableX heading?

And when is this modifier executed?

I have added DBDayModifier= -1 days to DBTable3 which is a manually updated table. The time stamp when I run the manual DB update does not appear to be changing. Perhaps this modifier not work on a manually updated database?

Any ideas?

Comment

Database time modification has to be run from a separate event. Please read page 12 again under the heading "Changing the last database record to reference exactly to the day or hour".

The Modifier entries in the ini file allow you to mofify the default behavior of the standard 1 day and 1 hour settings.

The entry can go anywhere in the list of entries but must be under the respective [DBTableX] heading.
                            Jon

Comment

Thanks Jon. I read that as if it was an automatic thing whenever a new database record was written. It didn't say that, but that is how I interpreted it.

One more quick question, in the DB setup GUI, one of the selections for the Database Update Mode is "On Device Value Change". What device is that referring to?

Comment

Originally posted by feman View Post
                                Thanks Jon. I read that as if it was an automatic thing whenever a new database record was written. It didn't say that, but that is how I interpreted it.

One more quick question, in the DB setup GUI, one of the selections for the Database Update Mode is "On Device Value Change". What device is that referring to?
                                Any Virtual device (with a device value change) you like! For example if you have a virtual device recording the temperature, the database will record the value every time its value changes.
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X