Jon00 Database Charting Utility for Homeseer 3 & Homeseer 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
    Database time modification has to be run from a separate event. Please read page 12 again under the heading "Changing the last database record to reference exactly to the day or hour".

The Modifier entries in the ini file allow you to mofify the default behavior of the standard 1 day and 1 hour settings.

The entry can go anywhere in the list of entries but must be under the respective [DBTableX] heading.

Hi Jon,

I had a question regarding this post. You think it's best to do separate events, or it can just be an event to update the data, modify the time / day and create the chart.

In my case, I only have one event that does everything (see below). In your opinion it will be better to separate the event?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sem Título.png
Views:	222
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	1279876

Comment

What you have done is fine. I was just trying to reinforce the process is not invoked without an event call and not done automatically.
      Jon

Comment

Ok! Thanks for the clarification.

My doubt in this case was more regarding the operation of events, ie in the case of events with many "wait's" it will not be preferable to separate the same. For the purpose of better system operation and perhaps less overhead.

Sorry, maybe I'm thinking wrong ... I still have not fully understood how the mechanism of events works with regard to possible system overloads.

Comment

Waits in events are fine and should have no impact on system performance.
          Jon

Comment

Thanks Jon, it was a doubt I had, thank you for further clarification.

Comment

First off, thank you very much for a great plugin / utility.

I'm trying to re-create the look I had on my graphs from my old 1-Wire setup back in the day and those graphs were also based on .NET graphing so a lot of things are (obviously) very similar, but there's a few things I'm missing / would like to request as an additional feature.

Please forgive me in case they are available, I've tried my best to look through the documentation and the configuration files.

- Ability to dock the legend to the Chart Area
              - Separate X/Y/Y2 axis configuration so that you can set different line/grid colors for each axis
              - Allow formatting of LineDashStyle
              - Separate Intervals for Grid and Labels
              - Implement ScaleBreak (overkill but nice in certain situations)
              - Custom labels (I used it to place an "invisible" timestamp at the bottom of the graph so it was easy to see when it was generated.

Here's an example of a config file that I had for my old system, which might give some insight to the settings above: cfg.xml ​​​

Many Thanks,

mrM

HS

Name:	chart002.png
Views:	296
Size:	151.8 KB
ID:	1282465

Old 1Wire Graph

Name:	EnergyElectricity_Day.png
Views:	275
Size:	158.1 KB
ID:	1282466

Comment

I do expose the majority of the charting control for users to adjust so if you can't find it, it is probably not available. Labels are fixed to 4 positions and cannot be placed within the chart area. You could use the X-Axis Title for your watermark but there is no custom label available. I wish shading under a line graph was available but unfortunately that is not possible either.
                Jon

Comment

As far as I know the gentlemen who wrote the graph module that was used back in my 1-Wire days (~2010) used nothing but .NET, I don't remember which version it was based on, but I'm 99.999% sure it was .NET only.

Seeing as you can create multiple graphs (chart-areas) within the same chart, I do believe that you can link the legend to a specific chart area by name and then choose whether or not you want it inside that chart-area.

myLegend.IsDockedInsideChartArea = true;
                  myLegend.DockedToChartArea = "My Chart Area";

I also think it's also possible to use the position property of legends to manually position the legend in X/Y as you do with "ChartAreaPosition"

I'm not sure what you're referring to with "shading under a line graph", if you're talking about the 2nd graph having gridlines visible through the spline area then that's just playing with opacity of the color (see attached config for that graph)
                  EnergyElectricity_Day.xml
                  Attached Files

Comment

It looks like your charting convention relates to Windows.Forms.DataVisualization.Charting which is not the same as the ASP.NET charting controls.

I will have a look but this is not high on my list of priorities.
                    Jon

Comment

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...t-chart-legend

I appreciate your willingness to look into it (even if it's not a priority).

Comment

Hi Jon, I'm having an issue on a Win 7 machine where Jon00DBChartingHS3 just quits. If I restart the program, it appears in the tray and then is gone within 10 seconds. Strangely, in windows task manager, it does not appear in applications (even for the 10 seconds) but always appears in Processes (even when no longer in the tray). If I quit the process, then I can restart Jon00DBChartingHS3 and it appears in both Applications and Processes and doesn't quit after 10 seconds.
                        Any idea what might be causing this? It seems to be happening to my machine every few days.
                        As a work around, could I use a script to quit the process and then restart the program?
                        Thanks for all your great work and help.

Comment

I don't really know but it may be linked to administrator privileges.

Are you running your HS3 in an administrative role? You can create a Windows shortcut to my exe in the same folder and set that to run as an administrator. Then get your startup.vb to run the shortcut rather than the exe direct. It should have a.lnk extension.
                          Jon

Comment

I want to start over. How do i get a new database?

Thanks,
                            Tim
                            FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capt-Tim/209398425902188

HSTouch Layouts - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5902188&type=3

Comment

Just deleting (renaming) the jon00dbcharting.db3 file in the Bin\Jon00DBChart folder should work.Stop the plugin first.
                              Jon

Comment

Is it possible to have your own text on the Y axis?
                                I have a device that shows wind direction in degrees as its value.

Thanks,
                                TimClick image for larger version

Name:	wndDirChrt.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	1295995
                                FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capt-Tim/209398425902188

HSTouch Layouts - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5902188&type=3

Comment

Working...
                                X