Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Jon,
    Still an issue:

After clicking "Chart" I need to refresh the .asp web page.
    The .asp image shows different graph colors from the original charting
    devices.

Where is the issue ?

Regards, Fischi

Comment

What original chart are you referring to? The web page creates a new chart where you select the parameters that you want to see. There is no relation to existing charts created.
      Jon

Comment

Hi Jon,

attached some pictures:

Do I have to change the color of the .asp graph in .config ?

Where come the double entrys (values above AND below the chart line) from ?

Regards,
        Fischi
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Fischi; March 1, 2015, 05:32 AM. Reason: issue

Comment

The settings are under [Create201] and [Chartstyle201] like any other chart setting.

Colors are assigned from a pool so if you select checkbox 1 and 2 or 7 and 10, you will always get the same colors. They use palette 12 as shown in the docs.

Must be a language issue but I don't understand your second question about double entries.
          Jon

Comment

Comment

To be honest, I have no idea. This is all done automatically when the charts are created.
              Jon

Comment

Could there be more than one data point at the same temperature? I've seen something similar when the database had several identical readings close together in time. (It can get quite messy if there are more than a handful of coincident points, by the way.)
                Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I installed 1.0.8 and tried the Jon00DBCharting.aspx/Jon00DBCharting.asp dynamic charts. When I change settings (fields, chart type, fields, ...) it performs the request but the Firefox (same in IE) does not refresh the chart, but when I then press F5 or refresh the page the correct chart appears. This must be linked to image caching in the browser). I am using HS3 3.0.0.152 and I have "Allow Web Browsers to Cache Images" in the HS3 setup checked. When I unckeck "Allow Web Browsers to Cache Images" and press the Chart button the image is refreshed as expected without requiring to refresh the browser. Otherwise works appears to work fine.
                  Last edited by pcp; March 1, 2015, 06:14 PM. Reason: additional info

Comment

Thanks, I had mine turned off. I'll get it updated.
                    Jon

Comment

Version 1.0.8.1 released

Version 1.0.8.1 is now available.

If upgrading from V1.0.8, you just need to replace the Jon00DBChartingASPX.vben file,

Changes from 1.0.8:

a) Corrected Issue with image caching when "Allow Web Browsers to Cache Images" in the HS3 setup is checked.
                      b) Changed the Field checkboxes to a JQuery dropdown picker.
                      c) Changed the style of the page to look more consistent with other HS3 pages.
                      d) Added a method to change the X-Axis format depending on the time span selected.

If using the dynamic charting capabilities, please read page 5 in the docs.
                      Attached Files
                      Jon

Comment

Hi Jon,

Your graphing utility is just fantastic. For years I have been struggeling getting graphs for devices in Homeseer. Weather it was temperature, humidity, gas, water, electricity or anything else. I am using your Virtual Device Graphing tool for many years but always missed the option of an open database behind it. My programming skills are by far not good enough to write my own graphing utility, but luckly that is not needed anymore. With your new tool you have the open database and very flexible graphing options. There are many ways to import data into the database. I use the devicevalue and devicestring options but there are many more.

The webbased graphing tool is really powerfull. On the fly you can select devices and plot them in a graph. I took all the energy reading from 19 Plugwise plugs for the last 5 years in imported them into the database. It did that for days, weeks and months so I can select historic data. The tool is very fast and the database stays small (only 2MB in size now).

For my heating system for instance I graph the water temperature going into my house and the return temperature. You easy plot this in one graph so you can see that the house is not heating the heating systems :-)

You can see that exchanging my dryer for a model with a heatpump save a lot of Kwh each month.

Also adding the consumption of all computer in my house in one graph is easy posible by selecting multiple devices.

It did had a challange adding device values into the database which keep adding (no todays per day). What I did for that is creating Virtual devices for a day, week and month. With a small script I calculate each day/week/month total and have Jon's graphing tool importing that into the database. So I have an event that runs at midnight to calculate the total for that day. In the devicevalue is the every increasing value and in the devicestring is the total for that day which the graphing utily writes in the database. If anybody is intrested in more details, please let me know.

Many thanks Jon, for writing this great tool!

Regards,
                        Bart
                        Attached Files

Comment

Great Jon,

how to get min. max. and avg ?

Whate could I do to resolve my problem with the numbers for values

above and below my markers ?

Regards,
                          Fischi

Comment

Hi Fischi,

This is what Jon wrote on the min/max:

I have added some new case sensitive tags which can be used only on the data labels in the Jon00DBCharting.ini file.

[nl] This will cause text after this tag to be on a new line.
                            [max] This will show the maximum value obtained from the data shown on the chart to 2 decimal places.
                            [min] This will show the minimum value obtained from data shown on the chart to 2 decimal places.
                            [avr] This will show the average value obtained from data shown on the chart to 2 decimal places.
                            [MAX] This will show the maximum value obtained from data shown on the chart to 1 decimal place.
                            [MIN] This will show the minimum value obtained from data shown on the chart to 1 decimal place.
                            [AVR] This will show the average value obtained from data shown on the chart to 1 decimal place.

Example:

Data1Label="Random 1[nl]Max:[max][nl]Min:[min][nl]Avr:[avr]"

Regards,
                            Bart

Comment

Hi Bart,
                              This is what i have missed.

Thanks,
                              Fischi

Comment

Originally posted by bartg View Post
                                Hi Jon,

Your graphing utility is just fantastic. For years I have been struggeling getting graphs for devices in Homeseer. Weather it was temperature, humidity, gas, water, electricity or anything else. I am using your Virtual Device Graphing tool for many years but always missed the option of an open database behind it. My programming skills are by far not good enough to write my own graphing utility, but luckly that is not needed anymore. With your new tool you have the open database and very flexible graphing options. There are many ways to import data into the database. I use the devicevalue and devicestring options but there are many more.

The webbased graphing tool is really powerfull. On the fly you can select devices and plot them in a graph. I took all the energy reading from 19 Plugwise plugs for the last 5 years in imported them into the database. It did that for days, weeks and months so I can select historic data. The tool is very fast and the database stays small (only 2MB in size now).

For my heating system for instance I graph the water temperature going into my house and the return temperature. You easy plot this in one graph so you can see that the house is not heating the heating systems :-)

You can see that exchanging my dryer for a model with a heatpump save a lot of Kwh each month.

Also adding the consumption of all computer in my house in one graph is easy posible by selecting multiple devices.

It did had a challange adding device values into the database which keep adding (no todays per day). What I did for that is creating Virtual devices for a day, week and month. With a small script I calculate each day/week/month total and have Jon's graphing tool importing that into the database. So I have an event that runs at midnight to calculate the total for that day. In the devicevalue is the every increasing value and in the devicestring is the total for that day which the graphing utily writes in the database. If anybody is intrested in more details, please let me know.

Many thanks Jon, for writing this great tool!

Regards,
                                Bart
                                Thanks very much Bart. I appreciate your comments and seems you have really embraced this utility!

What were you using before to log your Plugwise data?
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X