No announcement yet.

Jon00 Database Charting Utility for Homeseer 3 & Homeseer 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Jon, works great now. As others said this is a great add-on (and saved me time as I was looking at developing something similar). Integration with HSTouch was easy as well.

Two interesting add-on for a future release:

a) while the purging is great, one might still want to chart long term trends. An addition would be and for each database table to optionally create two additional tables to track min/max/avg for weekly and monthly aggregates. This would enable charting long term trends without too many data points and keep the database at a reasonable size.

b) a tabular report of the data points instead of charting them, i.e. select the fields for a selected database, a time range, and then build a tabular view of the values.

Thanks again Jon

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
    Version 1.0.8.1 is now available.

If upgrading from V1.0.8, you just need to replace the Jon00DBChartingASPX.vben file,

Changes from 1.0.8:

a) Corrected Issue with image caching when "Allow Web Browsers to Cache Images" in the HS3 setup is checked.
    b) Changed the Field checkboxes to a JQuery dropdown picker.
    c) Changed the style of the page to look more consistent with other HS3 pages.
    d) Added a method to change the X-Axis format depending on the time span selected.

If using the dynamic charting capabilities, please read page 5 in the docs.

Comment

What were you using before to log your Plugwise data?
      Plugwise has an own program that is call "source". That basically controlles the zigbee plugs and collect energy usages. The program create basic graphs on its own, but is limited in displaying that in a webpage. There is a homeseer plugin that interfaces to the "source" program. The "source"program had a long history of problems for me, so when I found out that a plugin came avialable that natively talks to the zigbee plugs I migrated. Other advantage would be that I could use the homeseer energy database. The homeseer energy database has however so many "undocumented" features that it is hard to work with.
      Your database graphing utility just works, is flexible and well documented. At first the many possible settings are a little overwelhming but after a short while I found them very easy to work with and the structure makes sense.

Many thanks again,
      Bart

Comment

Hi Jon,

I think I've found the reason for my values shown above and below the
        markers (they don't come every time but often) :
        It's just curious but is has to do with my Jon00Speedfan monitor in HS2 !!!
        I have the Jon00DBCharting.ini set to:
        timer 12 - Fixed Timer 5 min referenced to hour
        and the Speedfan.vb in HS3 is also recurring
        5 min referenced to hour .
        If I disable the event that runs the Speedfan.vb in HS2
        the error with the two value numbers at one marker doesn't occur
        anymore.
        If I enable the script the failure comes again until I disable Speedfan.vb
        in HS2 again.
        Could there be a correlation between these (Speedfan.vb in and timer12 in HS3 Jon00DBCharting.ini) ?????
        Note:I have your HS2/HS3 connector running.
        I think it is better to deinstall SpeedFan in HS2 and change over to SpeedFan HS3 to eliminate this mysterious behavior, isnt it ?

Best regards, Fischi

Comment

I cannot see how there can be any correlation between the two. The database charting uses its own event engine and is only obtaining device values etc from HS3. Makes no sense to me especially as you are logging outdoor temperature trends.
          Jon

Comment

Jon,
            I know, but the behaviour is true.

Best regards, Fisxhi

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post

Two interesting add-on for a future release:

a) while the purging is great, one might still want to chart long term trends. An addition would be and for each database table to optionally create two additional tables to track min/max/avg for weekly and monthly aggregates. This would enable charting long term trends without too many data points and keep the database at a reasonable size.

b) a tabular report of the data points instead of charting them, i.e. select the fields for a selected database, a time range, and then build a tabular view of the values.
              Is this what you wanted for b) ?
              Attached Files
              Jon

Comment

Is this what you wanted for b) ?
                Yes! Will it be available as a saved image (or html snippet) as well similar to the charts to embed in HSTouch (secondary need for my possible usage, though wanted to ask)? Thanks again Jon.

Comment

I'm storing it as an HTML table (but with no headings to enable a better scrolling experience) which is generated by the plugin. It is fixed at 1000px width regardless of the metrics shown. Would you want tables generated for all charts created?
                  Jon

Comment

V1.0.9 is released

V1.0.9 has been released.

This version allows you to view all the metrics of the chart via a tabular web page. If running 1.0.8, just replace the exe and script files.

When you call up a chart via the dynamic web page, there will now be a + sign, next to the chart button (see the image in post 246). Press this to toggle between the tabular page and the chart.
                    Jon

Comment

Many thanks again Jon. The table view is sometimes very convenient and it is also very fast. I can look at the data in detail if needed and only need to look in to the database natively to correct values when my sensors have a problem and report wrong values.

I took your advice and started looking at your pagebuilder plugin. Whaaooow that is a realy great tool. It is so simple and fast. Within a day I already replace my browser url shortcut to point to a pagebuild plugin page instead of the default homeseer page. I am making a complete new frontend for Homeseer in just a couple of hours. The DBGraph pictures now show perfect.

Thanks,
                      Bart
                      Attached Files

Comment

V1.0.9 has been released.

This version allows you to view all the metrics of the chart via a tabular web page. If running 1.0.8, just replace the exe and script files.

When you call up a chart via the dynamic web page, there will now be a + sign, next to the chart button (see the image in post 246). Press this to toggle between the tabular page and the chart.
                        Thanks Jon. That makes it very easy to access the data points if needed, really nice.

Maybe related to a browser caching issue when the HS3 setup "Allow Web Browsers to Cache Images" is checked, when I display charts/points for let's say 2 fields, then add another field (edit the multi-choice list) or change the date range, click chart again, the chart is updated with the additional field/values, but the when press + to view the data points, the column header for the 3rd field or new rows if the date range changed the values are missing. When I refresh the page, the points are now included. When ""Allow Web Browsers to Cache Images" is unchecked, the datapoints for additional fields are included in the tabular view without browser refresh but new data rows when I change the date range are not included in the tabular view (but are in the chart).

Comment

Originally posted by bartg View Post
                          Many thanks again Jon. The table view is sometimes very convenient and it is also very fast. I can look at the data in detail if needed and only need to look in to the database natively to correct values when my sensors have a problem and report wrong values.

I took your advice and started looking at your pagebuilder plugin. Whaaooow that is a realy great tool. It is so simple and fast. Within a day I already replace my browser url shortcut to point to a pagebuild plugin page instead of the default homeseer page. I am making a complete new frontend for Homeseer in just a couple of hours. The DBGraph pictures now show perfect.

Thanks,
                          Bart
                          Thanks Bart. Looks great. You are doing a fantastic job displaying several of my available downloads all on one page!
                          Jon

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
                            Thanks Jon. That makes it very easy to access the data points if needed, really nice.

Maybe related to a browser caching issue when the HS3 setup "Allow Web Browsers to Cache Images" is checked, when I display charts/points for let's say 2 fields, then add another field (edit the multi-choice list) or change the date range, click chart again, the chart is updated with the additional field/values, but the when press + to view the data points, the column header for the 3rd field or new rows if the date range changed the values are missing. When I refresh the page, the points are now included. When ""Allow Web Browsers to Cache Images" is unchecked, the datapoints for additional fields are included in the tabular view without browser refresh but new data rows when I change the date range are not included in the tabular view (but are in the chart).
                            Dang....This caching is tedious...especially when the page is caching everything, not just images!

Can you give this a try: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...rtingASPX.vben

Just replace the file.
                            Jon

Comment

Dang....This caching is tedious...especially when the page is caching everything, not just images!

Can you give this a try: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...rtingASPX.vben

Just replace the file.
                              Yes that worked! I only made a few tests changing the number of fields as well as date range and updates were fine for all of them. Thanks for the quick turnaround.

Comment

Hi Jon,

Just started using your plugin to replace the RFXCharts I used in HS2.
                                I migrated all the data to the new database. So far so good.

However, my water, electricity and gas usage is logged as a cumulative value, but I would like to show a chart showing usage per hour etc. Is it possible to create some kind of delta chart showing the difference between t and t-1?

Peter

Comment

Working...
                                X