Question about eMail attachments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about eMail attachments

I am looking into your mail related plugins and trying to achieve the following
    I have a DVR which sends email alerts once someone steps in the predefined - with 3 pictures attachments

The mails will always comes from the same address and the attachments names start with the common "CH2" prefix and then added the date+hour

Is there a way to push the attachment (even one of the 3 is enough) to the client running home seer once such email arrives?

I also wanted to show this in a last entry" screen which I will make in HStouch

As this is POP3, you will only recieve an email when the mail server is polled. You can set this to what you want (within reason)

Attachments (in HS3) for mailbox 1 are stored in the html\TempEmail\MB1\<message number> folder.

It would be possible to copy out the contents of this folder to another with a bit of scripting using the capability available with the package.
    Jon

Comment

Thank you Jon

I am running HS2 and have read a thread where your script can copy the attachment to a folder ( i am already monitoring the my gmail inbox with stunnel)

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=157197

Comment

Jon - I finally got some time to look into this

I configured the script (including stunnel which was already working for me in HS2 built in mail, so I havent revised that) and I had to generate a new password for the checkpop.ini since I am using 2 step authentication in gmail

While trying to execute your event Jon00s Check Email I am getting an error in the log -

17/02/2015 23:27:10 - Error - Script compile error in encrypted script

Any idea why? Can I debug it / see the log?

Comment

Sound like you are running an old version of HS2. Make sure you are running the latest version.
          Jon

Comment

I am actually running the latest HSPRO v2.5.0.81

any other suggestion?

Comment

Did you did the ScriptingReferences entry in Settings.ini as per the docs?

See here: http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...4&postcount=18
              Jon

Comment

Jon

I didn't find this in the instructions (is it relevant for HS2 users? I am asking since the thread you send has HS3 context)

Anyway, I applied it - restarted homeseer and getting the same error
                I tried with ; and with , before the System.Drawing;System.Drawing.dll

19/02/2015 20:54:38 - Event - Event Trigger "Jon00s Check Email"
                19/02/2015 20:54:38 - Event - Running script in background: CheckEmailPOP_V3_HS2.vben("main","normal")
                19/02/2015 20:54:38 - Error - Script compile error in encrypted script

Comment

I've sent you a PM with a link to V4 of the package. Please try that.
                  Jon

Comment

Working...
                  X