Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jon00 Device Grouping Utility (web page) for Homeseer 3

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by ppespepe View Post

    That with all the above quoted below, worked perfectly!


    Originally posted by MattL0 View Post

    Yes, this is not you, this a compilation bug on Mono for aspx pages.

    A workaround can be found here on post #3 : https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...ge-compilation

    But here are the steps:

    1. SSH into your Linux box , with a program like putty.

    2. Enter this command : Code:

    sudo rm /usr/bin/vbnc
    3. Then enter this Code:

    sudo nano /usr/bin/vbnc
    4. paste this code :
    Code:

    #!/bin/bash for x; do if [[ $x = '/tmp'* ]]; then sed -i '1{/#Externa/d}' $x fi done exec /usr/bin/mono --debug $MONO_OPTIONS /usr/lib/mono/4.5/vbnc.exe "$@"
    5. press ctrl+o to save it then enter.

    6. try to get into http://172.16.1.87:80//Jon00Grouping.aspx again


    now You now only need to open a ssh session, and paste this command :
    Code:
    sudo cat /usr/bin/vbc > /usr/bin/vbnc

    Comment


    • Originally posted by jon00 View Post
      ...

      What issues are you having with running my utility? I assume running on Linux with a page error?
      Your code worked perfectly and got me past the issue I was having.

      and yes, I am on linux.

      I updated Mono, read both threads and tried everything I could find and I still get the same compiler error.

      At this point the small code snippet you gave me will allow me to do what I need, so please don't spend any cycles trying to fix my issue.

      thanks!

      Scott

      Comment


      • Good to hear. Actually Matt was trying to help you with the 'fix' for Homeseer's ASPX issue on Linux.

        Here is the manual method:

        Go to usr/bin and open vbnc in an editor.

        change vbnc.exe to vbc.exe
        Jon

        Comment


        • Originally posted by jon00 View Post
          Good to hear. Actually Matt was trying to help you with the 'fix' for Homeseer's ASPX issue on Linux.
          I saw the post but wasn't sure, it seemed unrelated.

          However I did try the fix and it did work, not the exact command but replacing one with the other worked for me.

          thanks,

          Scott

          Comment

          Working...
          X