X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can add the ability to kill the IE process on the understanding that it would also kill any IE browser window open on the desktop.
    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
      I can add the ability to kill the IE process on the understanding that it would also kill any IE browser window open on the desktop.
      I don't use IE for anything else so that would work for me.
      -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post

I don't use IE for anything else so that would work for me.
        Try V1.0.14 now available on my site.
        Jon

Comment

Great, thanks Jon!
          -Wade

Comment

perfect !
            Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
            Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

Would it be possible to use replacement variables in path?

Comment

@jon00

i needed to revert back to the other version,
                because it was scraping wrong data, i don;t know how.. but i needed to restart homeseer to resolve it.

regards

Comment

Originally posted by Blob View Post
                  Would it be possible to use replacement variables in path?
                  As in the replacement variables I provide as part of the script?
                  Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Malosa View Post
                    @jon00

i needed to revert back to the other version,
                    because it was scraping wrong data, i don;t know how.. but i needed to restart homeseer to resolve it.

regards
                    Which version are you talking about? 1.0.14 just added the ability to kill IE instances and does not touch the grab routine. As others have found out using IE to download the source does provide different results to the standard method.

You can simulate 1.0.13 by changing UseIE = 1 to UseIE = 2

Using 2 will disable the kill routine.
                    Jon

Comment

As in the replacement variables I provide as part of the script?
                      Yes, would love to be able to do things like this:

Path=https://www.somesite.com/search?q=[devicetext 25][[replace " ","+"]

Comment

Yes, that can be easily added. Just awaiting a response from Malosa regarding his issues.
                        Jon

Comment

Which version are you talking about? 1.0.14 just added the ability to kill IE instances and does not touch the grab routine. As others have found out using IE to download the source does provide different results to the standard method.

You can simulate 1.0.13 by changing UseIE = 1 to UseIE = 2

Using 2 will disable the kill routine.
                          Hi Jon,

the problem was it scraped wrong data of that url.. while on my other pc i have the same link and your old 1.0.13 running (found it) and it scrapes normal
                          So i replaced the file on my main pc and it works normal...
                          the scrape from my main pc was 13kb and from my test pc 245kb...
                          Maybe the IEkill is to fast ?

//UPDATE

i did try it again, i did use UseIE = 2 and still grabs wrong data..
                          So when i did replace the old file again, i did not see any iexplorer.exe in my taskmanager,,

//UPDATE2
                          So i also did notice when i change your settings/ or replace the file with the old one it won't work as homeseer keeps the old settings running, so i always have to restart homeseer because it keeps killing iexplorer even if i have replaced the file or even if i use UseIE = 2.

Could you make a config where i can change the time when to kill IE? i think thats the problem.

regards

Comment

Most odd about keeping the old settings.

IE is only killed once it has gone through all the grabs. It is NOT killed individually after every grab.

Yes, I can add a delay and add Blob's feature request as well.
                            Jon

Comment

Most odd about keeping the old settings.

IE is only killed once it has gone through all the grabs. It is NOT killed individually after every grab.

Yes, I can add a delay and add Blob's feature request as well.

thanks, yeah maybe it wil solve the problem then.. but i still not understand why it keep the settings in homeseer.. maybe a bug in homeseer?
                              running .500

Comment

Rich made changes to the ini file handling some time ago but if it is related I don't know. For instance you now cannot make changes to Settings.ini without shutting down HS3 first. If you don't the settings are lost...
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X