Jon00 SNMP Monitor for Homeseer 3 & Homeseer 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V1.0.8 is now available.

A new Converter letter "F" has been added which allows advanced users to run a script function to convert/modify the OID metric as they wish.

If running a previous version, just replace the exe file.
    Jon

Comment

Having Issues since upgrading to HS4 v4.2.5 on Win10.

Recently upgraded to HS4 v4.2.5. on windows 10, and now finding that Jon00SNMP isn't working. It was all working fine some time before the HS4 upgrade. It may be coincidence on timing as can't say for sure exactly when Jon00SNMP stopped working, but HS4 version is all I can recall changing since last recalled SNMP worked.

I see that Jon00SNMP.exe is running. I can access the html page. Running SNMP walk (pulling info from PFSense firewall) returns “No Results”. I ran another SNMP Walk tool and it returned results just fine, so know PFSense SNMP Server side is working. Changing items in PFSense that I’m monitoring in Homeseer, and am not seeing SNMP values change in devices.

Tried restarting HS4 and Windows 10, and do not see and “Jon00_SNMP” in HS4 logs.
      I then saw there was an updated version Jon00SNMP (v1.08), so downloaded and installed it. Same results. verified EXE is running. Restarting HS4 and not seeing any SNMP log entries, SNMP walk doesn't show results and monitored strings not showing values change.

Any advice?

Comment

Odd, I'm running 4.2.5 and its working fine here.

You need to see the startup message in the HS Log, otherwise nothing will work.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	210
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	1502523

Things to check:

You have the hs.Launch statement in the startup.vb script.
        You have the 3 Homeseer dll files supplied with the download and not using those from HS4 in the Bin/Jon00SNMP folder

Also check to see if there is an errorlog file in Bin/Jon00SNMP folder
        Another thing to try is to start HS4 from its desktop icon and also try starting HS4 as an administrator.
        Finally, you can kill the plugin in task manager and then start it manually by double clicking on the Jon00SNMPMonitor.exe in Explorer.

As I said, the log messages must be seen.

Jon

Comment

Confirmed Startup.vb has line hs.Launch (hs.GetAppPath & "\bin\Jon00SNMP\Jon00SNMPMonitor.exe","","",0)
          Confirmed and recopied the dll files from download are in Bin\Jon00SNMP folder
          There is NO error log file in Bin\Jon00SNMP folder
          Already using Startup Delayer to launch HS4 as Administrator on bootup, but for troubleshooting, tried closing HS4 and then launching again using “run as administrator”. No change. Still not seeing Jon00SNMP in startup log. The jon00SNMP exe is starting and see in tray, showing "Connected".

I'm stumped.

Comment

Perhaps it is picking up the wrong IP Address for HS. Do you have dual NIC cards or binding enabled?
            Jon

Comment

PC has multiple NICs, but only one is enabled and connected to LAN. Double checked with ipconfig, and only 1 IP is showing for the PC, everything else is showing "Media disconnected" without IP assigned..

Comment

I was being stupid looking at logs. SNMP wasn't showing in the "Startup Log" from the HS4 app box. From web console, doing search on the log entries didn't find anything with "SNMP", but when applied the Type Filter for Jon00_SNMP, it does show that plugin is started, connected, version 1.0.8, and Ready. So at least we're that far. Still having issues with SNMP Walk within the plugin pulling back any results (Other SNMPWalk tool on same PC with same IP, String pulls back results, and it's not seeing SNMP changes.

Comment

The built-in SNMP Walk has trouble displaying a single OID. Remove the last digit (and full stop) so it displays the OID group.
                  Jon

Comment

V1.1.0 is now available.

Changes since V1.0.8

Compatible with all HS Linux systems
                    Virtual Device Icons now use Graphics Pairs
                    Updates to the setup pages
                    Several Bug fixes and enhancements.
                    Jon

Comment

Does this plugin have the ability to control a device via snmp ? Such as a switch port?

Comment

No, only monitoring.....
                        Jon

Comment

Version 1.1.1 is now available.

Changes since V1.1.0:

Corrected device value issue with device string updates.
                          If no data is returned from a SNMP poll due to UDP network or other issues, it now retries (max 2 times).
                          Added Celsius to Fahrenheit conversion and Fahrenheit to Celsius conversion letters.
                          Added optional minimum and maximum value limits to prevent device updates outside the range.
                          Jon

Comment

Will this work with SNMP V3 devices?

Comment

No, The control used does not support V3.
                              Jon

Comment

Working...
                              X