Jon00 SNMP Monitor for Homeseer 3 & Homeseer 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon00 SNMP Monitor for Homeseer 3 & Homeseer 4

This unmanaged plugin allows you to monitor the state of SNMP devices on your network and display them on virtual devices within Homeseer 3 & HS4.

It can also monitor SNMP Traps (with definable filters) and trigger events accordingly.

Comes with setup pages and Walk utility.

I wrote this some time ago but someone on the board inspired me to finally write some documentation.

As always, you can download it from my site (Click on my banner below).

(No Banner seen?- check your Forum Settings - User Settings, Account, Tick 'Show Signature')

Any issues etc, please post here.

Works under Linux (Mono 6+)

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_48189.png Views:	1125 Size:	29.0 KB ID:	1208178
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	26 Size:	52.7 KB ID:	1408351
    Last edited by jon00; August 4, 2020, 02:26 AM.
    Jon

Neat stuff Jon!!
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks Pete.

It is not the most popular of subjects in Home Automation but if your network kit has the capability, it is fascinating how many metrics are available.

For example, I have my printer being monitored and if it gets an error, it triggers a Homeseer event. If I print from another room and it is out of paper/paper jam etc, I know.
      Jon

Comment

Hi

How do i get ride of these below?

Ive deleted the TRAP entries from the ini file (and removed the devices in HS) however they keep re-appearing.

Many Thanks
        Ashley

Comment

Nice one Jon !

Comment

Originally posted by SFX Group View Post
            Hi

How do i get ride of these below?

Ive deleted the TRAP entries from the ini file (and removed the devices in HS) however they keep re-appearing.

Many Thanks
            Ashley
            Please do not delete entries in the ini file and they will go to internal defaults!

Add this back:

[TrapMonitor]
            DeviceCount=0

There is a bug in that the root device is still created and I will sort that out with the next version.

Edit: Please download V1.0.1 from my site which corrects this issue.
            Last edited by jon00; August 19, 2015, 09:31 AM.
            Jon

Comment

Originally posted by kriz83 View Post
              Nice one Jon !
              Thanks...have you tried it?
              Jon

Comment

I will tonight when I get back from work ;-)

Comment

This appears to be freezing (after running 1-2 days), i know some sensor should have updated, however the update times have never moved.

I also notice the icon in the tray vanishes when double clicked, should this icon remain on the tray for this to work?

If i close and re-open HS it updates.

Ideas?
                  Is there a log file?

Many Thanks

Comment

Double clicking on the icon also exit the program. Maybe your freezing issue? Yes, the icon must be in the tray.
                    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                      Double clicking on the icon also exit the program. Maybe your freezing issue? Yes, the icon must be in the tray.
                      Hi

I was hoping so, there maybe 2 problems going on, one being the icon wasn't open, however it is still open but all but one are not correct, most showing "???", if i run a SNMP check on these sensors they all report back ok (from the HS PC running an SNMP check), both the HS3 and PC in question never sleep so isnt a network issue.

If i restart HS3 it will pull those sensors, so appears something has stopped working somewhere in the system to only pull 1 sensor. The PC HS is running on is a virtual machine, its running at about 20% RAM usage (and was built for this testing so only has HS in it).

It appears it stopped working about 1am this morning, see the below image, the GREEN is the only one still working, YELLOW was correct at 1am (as shown), RED the last check was 4am and shows ??? so wasn't getting data.

However why the Yellow never checked again i have no idea...! Its checking 17 SNMP objects, it will be way more.
                      UPDATE: I notice the first sensor in the INI file is the system UPTIME, that cant be coincidental thats the only sensor still working?

Comment

If you are getting ??? in the virtual devices, it must be running but unable to get the SNMP info. Is there an error log in the same directory as the exe file?

How often are you polling the hardware?
                        Jon

Comment

If you are getting ??? in the virtual devices, it must be running but unable to get the SNMP info. Is there an error log in the same directory as the exe file?

How often are you polling the hardware?
                          Directory is C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Bin\Jon00SNMP there is no error log only 5 files (including Jon00SNMPMonitor.exe)

Polling is "4" (every 30 seconds)

The SNMP objects are replying to other SNMP checking software (i have a test utility on the same PC as the HS software and a logging server that both show its ok). If i restart HS it will fire up no issues with nothing changed.
                          Last edited by SFX Group; August 23, 2015, 11:22 AM.

Comment

I don't know. The fact that the uptime counter continues to function shows that it is reading the SNMP correctly. It is the same routine, regardless of the quantity of devices being measured.

The ??? just indicates that it cannot access the SNMP OID. You will not get a device last change until it gets valid data again.

For a test, change the polling to 5 minutes and see if that runs.
                            Jon

Comment

I don't know. The fact that the uptime counter continues to function shows that it is reading the SNMP correctly. It is the same routine, regardless of the quantity of devices being measured.

The ??? just indicates that it cannot access the SNMP OID. You will not get a device last change until it gets valid data again.

For a test, change the polling to 5 minutes and see if that runs.
                              Ive changed the below:
                              • Changed all SNMP sensors to timer =7 (300 seconds)
                              • Removed one SNMP sensor with no OID (i was aware of this before, but have removed it for testing)

The ini file has no TRAP monitors but does have
                              Code:
                              [TrapMonitor]
                              DeviceCount=0
                              Is the above ok with no trap monitor parameters?

The [sensorxx] number are not consecutive (and start at 101) is this a problem?

Comment

Working...
                              X