Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon00 plugins in HS store?

Hi Jon00,

It has probably been asked before, but do you have any plans to ad your wonderful plugins to the HS store? (easy access, install)

If not, is there any specific reason not to do so?
    (was guessing it may have something to do with settings in .ini files?)

Cheers
    DJ

No plans.

I had a little rant here.
    Jon

Comment

Hi Jon00,

I read your "rant" and one take away is that you are really a nice guy. I really like your ideas with respect to what home automation should be. My though when reading your rant was that instead of just making managed plugins according to the hs3 model what if you instead simply had your own solution to making it easier to manage a large number of your plugins. I think blade has a plugin that is simply a way to manage blade plugins. Perhaps you could make a unified Jon00 ini editor or something similar that you would find useful for your own system. I'm not sure I care about UI per-se, I definitely care about seeing what version I have and if there is a new version that has a fix or feature I want. Other than that I would rather have the large number of options in an ini than just a few in a UI.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
      Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
      Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

I to do like the idea of a plug in or one of your own scripts that searches for updates and displays the change logs. I created one that searches the updater and emails you updates. I understand this is not something you would use but for us it would be very help full.
        The idea of the ini editor is also great. I used the one you had for HS2 and it saved lots of time searching for the correct ini in a folder on a remote pc but if this could some how search for your scripts and display the ones used in a list that would be the bees knees.
        This is just my thoughts I am not pushing for it as I think our work is the best around and as I have built a plug in I understand the commitments required.

Greig.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
        Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
        X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
        Scripts =
        Various

Comment

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
          Hi Jon00,
          Perhaps you could make a unified Jon00 ini editor or something similar that you would find useful for your own system. I'm not sure I care about UI per-se, I definitely care about seeing what version I have and if there is a new version that has a fix or feature I want. Other than that I would rather have the large number of options in an ini than just a few in a UI.
          Here's my "web-based configuration page builder" idea I posted recently.. Note: idea, as I don't have the time or skills to build it. http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=1200017

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
            No plans.

I had a little rant here.
            I Understand !

Comment

Working...
            X