Jon00 Device List Viewer for Homeseer 3 & Homeseer 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lasseruud View Post
    I know there is a newer and more advanced version of this package, but this script does exactly what I want, and very, very quick. It even has the possibility to make shortcuts to different views using values in the URL .

However, there seems to be a bug while sorting by value.

Seems like it only sort by first digit or something?
    Please try V1.0.5

Changes since V1.0.4:

Corrected issue with device value sort
    Added .ASP web page for faster use for Windows users
    Updated web page style
    Jon

Comment

Thank you!

Works now. Donation coming up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ok.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	141.3 KB
ID:	1275215

Comment

Originally posted by lasseruud View Post
        Thank you!

Works now. Donation coming up.
        Many thanks indeed!

Jon

Comment

Just tested this on HS4 and it works flawlessly! Very Happy with it it is exactly what I was looking for so that I can easily manage and clean up my HS Database.

Donation Sent!

Comment

Many thanks!
            Jon

Comment

after downloading, how do i install it?

Comment

Jon's utilities have a user manual in the docs folder in the zip file. His documentation is quite thorough.
                -Wade

Comment

thanks too bad there is nothing on his web site about how to install

Comment

Originally posted by geeTee View Post
                    thanks too bad there is nothing on his web site about how to install
                    I don't understand your meaning. Installation instructions are in each zip file package you download from his site.
                    -Wade

Comment

No Home Button When Using "Jon00 Device List Viewer for Homeseer 3 and Homeseer 4" - 1.0.6
                      Hi jon00 ! First I wanted to just thank you for all your amazing and hard work. I have made a donation and PMed you with the info. I highly suggest everyone that is reading this and uses jon00 do the same since these tools make our systems much more usable, it takes a lot of work to code and maintain the tools, and jon00 does not directly charge for his work, he relies on this community to donate based on the value they get from his work. Thanks again for all you do jon00 !!!

I use 4 of your wonderful utilities for Device and Event management:
                      1. Legacy - Jon00 Device List Viewer for Homeseer 3 and Homeseer 4 - 1.0.6
                      2. Legacy - Jon00 Event List Viewer for Homeseer 3 - 1.0.6
                      3. HS4 - Jon00 Device Viewer and Documenter for Homeseer 4 - 1.0.5
                      4. HS4 - Jon00 Event Viewer & Documenter for Homeseer 4 - 1.0.3
                      I use the legacy ones for listing and quickly finding a device or event.

They all work great but there is one small issue with the newly updated (Jon00 Device List Viewer for Homeseer 3 and Homeseer 4 - 1.0.6). There is no easy way to return to the main HS4 devices web page once you use this utility. Even the much older (Jon00 Event List Viewer for Homeseer 3 - 1.0.6) gives you a way to return to the main HS4 devices page.

Here are some screenshots...

This is what I get when I use the older (Jon00 Event List Viewer for Homeseer 3 - 1.0.6) - I do get the Home Button which is a good thing!

Name:	Screenshot_2022-08-20_11-07-26.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	1562553

But when I use the newly updated (Jon00 Device List Viewer for Homeseer 3 and Homeseer 4 - 1.0.6) - I do NOT get the Home Button which makes it hard to get back to the HS4 devices screen.

Name:	Screenshot_2022-08-20_11-06-51.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	1562554

Obviously I can hit the back button on click on a device as if I was going to edit it, but a Home button like exists on the Legacy Event List page would be ideal. Even better is how nicely integrated are the newer HS4 pages (HS4 - Jon00 Device Viewer and Documenter for Homeseer 4 - 1.0.5) and (HS4 - Jon00 Event Viewer & Documenter for Homeseer 4 - 1.0.3) but I understand this would be much more work.

Is there any way you could please add a Home button to (Jon00 Device List Viewer for Homeseer 3 and Homeseer 4)?

Thanks so much for any help!
                      Jean-Marie Vaneskahian
                      ---------------------------------------------------
                      Jean-Marie G. Vaneskahian
                      jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

Many thanks....

I forgot to place one file in the download zip. If you re-download, there is now a html page which you can call which provides the HS4 menus for the viewer.
                        Jon

Comment

jon00, that works 100% perfectly! It is exactly what I needed! Since I am on a roll here... Is there any chance that the "Jon00 Event List Viewer for Homeseer 3" could have the same functionality as this where it keeps all the HS4 menus? It is not a big deal if not (I imagine it might be more involved to adapt). It does have the "Home" button, but not as nice as now the other 3 that have the full HS4 menus at top (plus your Links menu now too).

Thanks again!
                          jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

The event viewer has not been updated for HS4; something I may do a bit later this year. In the mean time, just make a copy of Jon00DeviceList.html and call it Jon00EventList.html.

Open this file up in a text editor and search for Jon00DeviceList.aspx. Rename it to Jon00EventList.aspx and save. Then call Jon00EventList.html in Homeseer.

You will now have the Homeseer 4 menus for the event viewer but also the Home button and original header bar.
                            Jon

Comment

jon00, that was exactly what I wanted!!! It is not quite as pretty as the Device List, but it now has the HS4 menus at the top! Perfect!

Name:	Screenshot_2022-08-21_15-12-41.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	1562763
                              jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

There is a field in the Device Viewer for "Invalid Device." What does it mean, and how is it set? I see nothing in HomeSeer for marking a device invalid. I'd like to use it for my devices that are "in limbo", de-activated, uninstalled, etc.

Jim Speiser
                                38-year veteran of Home Automation
                                Still don't know squat

Comment

Working...
                                X