Not Getting Devices in HS3 Updated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not Getting Devices in HS3 Updated

I have all the files copied, and I think everything running on each system correctly, but I am not seeing any updates to the devices in HS3 that I thought I would. I looked at the devices in HS2 and they are changing, but the ones in HS3 aren't. Is there something I can check? Should I delete the devices in HS3 and let the plugin/script create them?

Also, should the z-wave devices look like this in the HS3 devices: 003D0C47-002-Q31 ?

Thank you.
    Last edited by sonypoolplr; December 14, 2015, 08:03 PM.

I don't know what you have done to configure this. As you choose the HS3 address for a HS2 device, I have no idea where 003D0C47-002-Q31 comes from.
    Jon

Comment

That is the way HS3 setup the device addresses for the z-wave devices. I had no say on how they got that number. So I didn't know if I should use the whole number, 003D0C47-002-Q31, or just the end, Q31.

Comment

Just to confirm, you are talking about my HS2/HS3 Connector?

Please explain what you are trying to do and in which direction i.e. HS2 > HS3 or HS3 > HS2
        Last edited by jon00; December 15, 2015, 06:32 AM.
        Jon

Comment

Yes I am trying to use your connector. And I am trying to go both ways with different devices. The zwave device I want to send it to HS2. I have other devices in HS2 that I am sending to HS3, but none of them are updating. I see this in the log of HS3:

Dec-15 6:36:19 AM Jon00_HS3GW Ready
          Dec-15 6:36:19 AM Jon00_HS3GW Version 1.1.2
          Dec-15 6:36:19 AM Jon00_HS3GW Connected to Homeseer
          Dec-15 6:34:54 AM Jon00_HS3GW Jon00 HS2 Gateway has connected to Homeseer 2

And attached is the device.txt file. I thought the devices with the & weren't working, but none of them are updating.

Thanks
          Attached Files

Comment

So taking one example B20 from your file config in HS2, you have also specified the HS3 mirror address as B20. Therefore the plugin should generate a HS3 device with the address B20. Please confirm and check column filtering on the device management page.
            Jon

Comment

I created the devices in HS3 before loading your connector. Should I have let your program create them?

Thank you

Comment

yes!
                Jon

Comment

OK so how soon after deleting them should I see them get recreated? Should I shut off both sides of your connector while doing this, or after deleting them?

Thanks

Comment

No need to shut anything down.

For the moment, just edit HS2Devices.txt to have one device and save. See if B20 is created in HS3.

If nothing appears then we need to look at your HS2Settings.txt and HS3Settings.txt to ensure that is configured correctly. The fact that you see it connected does not mean they are talking to each other.
                    Jon

Comment

OK I deleted all of the devices from the device.txt file and just put B20 in. That device got created in HS3, so I went to the next one of B21, and that one got created as well. I then went to a third one, B22, and that one took a little bit to get created, and the other ones are now not updating.

Thanks.

Comment

It sounds like you are experiencing a problem that a few people have had with this but I have been unable to pinpoint the issue.

Do you have both HS2 and HS3 running on the same PC or are they separate?
                        Jon

Comment

They are separate.

Comment

If still interested, please try V1.1.3 which should resolve the delay issues.
                            Jon

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                              X