Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grouping Script

Hi Jon00,

I'm looking for some advice please on your Grouping script that I just downloaded and am trying.

I have installed all OK on Homeseer 3.0.0.208

I ran the script and cleared all existing groupings by selecting all devices under "Delete device relationship status" and then clicking next and confirm. I get a success.

I then loaded the device management page and confirmed no grouping is happening.

I then reloaded the script and selected on of my devices as Parent under "Create Device Relationship Status". I selected my device "Lounge AV equipment".

I then selected some child devices under "Select Child Device(s)"

I selected "Office Desk Electrics", "Front Door Doorbell Chime", "Attic Extractor", & "Lounge Laptops".

I then clicked next and confirmed. I received Successful.

Now I go back to device management page, and I see the new grouping. The problem is I also have "Lounge Lamp" in the group also, despite me not selecting it as a child device. If I go back into your script and try to select "Lounge Lamp" from the ""Delete device relationship status" screen, it's not in the list.

I have reset and tried again about 3 times, but it always comes back.

Any advice much appreciated.

I've just noticed that there is also duplication. Two devices that appear in the group I created, also appear ungrouped underneath.
    Attached Files

Comment

The grouping web page does not create devices so something else is going on.

Are these devices under the control of a plugin/script or are they just manually generated by yourself?

Do you have my Device List Viewer installed? This is useful to find duplicates and delete them.
      Jon

Comment

Hi Jon00, Thanks for the reply.

The devices are a mixture of X-10 and Z-Wave devices and apart from their respective hardware plugin (e.g. Z-Wave Plugin) are not under any other plugin/script control.

If I view device manager un-grouped it's normal. There are no duplicates and everything looks good. As soon as I put it in group mode, I get the duplicates. I get the feeling that they are not so much actual duplicate devices, rather just displayed twice. If I turn one on, they both turn on.

It's also strange that the lamp device attaches itself to the group I created, but doesn't appear in the list under your script.

All very confusing

Comment

Grouping devices under the control of a plugin is not recommended. I suspect this is the issue.

Disable the X10 & Z-wave plugins and delete duplicate devices etc. Try your grouping as before and check all is correct. Then enable the 2 plugins and see what happens. If you get duplicate devices again, you have identified the issue.
          Jon

Comment

OK, deleted one of the duplicates in group view and both disappeared so suspect they were not actual duplicate, but just displaying twice.

I think I'll just have to accept it won't work due to them being plugin controlled devices. Hopefully HST will eventually add more grouping options

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X