jon00restart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jon00restart

Hi! Just started testing this, and it seems two of my plugins are having trouble when jon00restartHS.exe runs - they throw a Windows error (this application has stopped etc.). The other plugins exits as they should.

Any idea if this has something to do with the plugins, or should I look elsewhere?

Running jon00restartHS.exe manually works fine, it's only when it's scheduled to run the above happens.

I cannot see why starting manually vs via an event should make a difference.

All plugins should monitor to see if HS3 is being shutdown (via the hs.ShuttingDown command) and automatically terminate. It sounds like the two plugins in question are not doing this?
    Jon

Comment

Note: I've not tried running it from an event, just from Task Scheduler.

Howeveer, I grabbed one of your other excellent scripts and will try to disable the two offending plugins before running the restart. This time from an event.

Comment

...and that worked.

Comment

Still having a few problems with this. It seems a random number of plugins aren't properly exiting when HS3 shuts down. Yesterday it was Fitbitseer and Device history, today it was HStouch server (in the Manage plugins page it says the plugin(s) are not responding). In the task list I now see two processes belonging to the plugins that have problems, i.e. today two instances of HSPI_hstouch.exe.

I never get this if I restart HS3 manually.

Could this be a timing problem? That HS3 is restarted before every plugin has properly exited?

Note that I have a fair bit of plugins running.

Comment

I'll take a look over the weekend and add a restart delay parameter.
            Jon

Comment

Great, thanks!

Comment

I've sent you a PM with a new version to try.
                Jon

Comment

It looks like everything is working.

I've updated the download to include the new version. In addition to shutting down Homeseer for a restart, it now also checks for up to 60 seconds if plugins are still running (which should have been told to shutdown by Homeseer). After this time, any remaining will be killed before the restart.
                  Jon

Comment

Jon, just to let you know my installation has a problem that is not really related to this utility, see http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...15#post1221915

But the change you made to it regarding killing the plugins probably is a good feature anyway

Comment

Working...
                    X