No announcement yet.

Jon00 Dashboard for Homeseer 3 & Homeseer 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The error seems to be related to updating the virtual devices and not being able to obtain their address. I have no idea how that would happen. Would you delete the virtual devices and allow the application to recreate them. See if that resolves the issue.

How often are you updating the dashboard items?
    Jon

Comment

Hello
      It's a really nice plugin you have made here.
      I have read the previous posts regarding .png's not being created but the solution hasn't helped for me unfortunately.
      The case is, the png is being created but not updated. It just stands at 1kB and empty when I open it. There are no errors in your log file or the HS3 log file.

Code:
      [Device1]
      Timer=2
      CreateVD=1
      DataMode=0
      Data1=$dvr:880
      Data1Multiplier=
      Name=kW meter test
      Title=
      Title1=kW
      Width=270
      Height=270
      MinValue=0
      MaxValue=15
      Type=1
      Options=226+304
      Effects=0
      CreatePng=1
      I have tried setting CreateVD=2 but then theres just a white picture in the device overview list in HS3 web interface. But as I read this is equal to CreatePNG=1

This is the only device I have at the moment. The issue was the same with the original .ini file.

Any idea what I can do to fix this?

New info: The file is being updated but is plain white/transparent. I see "Date modified" is updated.
      Last edited by chris2ffer; February 15, 2018, 06:21 AM.

Comment

I'm mystified with this issue. I'm at work at the moment but the plugin should create html files which if you display in a browser should show the gauge etc. The directory should be in the docs. If you can find it, does it display correctly in a browser? This is used to create the png file.
        Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
          I'm mystified with this issue. I'm at work at the moment but the plugin should create html files which if you display in a browser should show the gauge etc. The directory should be in the docs. If you can find it, does it display correctly in a browser? This is used to create the png file.
          Hi,
          Thanks for the quick reply.

I have checked the webpages and they show up blank.

dashboard1.html = 2KB
          dashboard1.png = 1KB I see in the file details that it is 270x270 pixels as specified but no graphic just a transparent canvas.
          dashboardrefresh1.html = 1KB

Comment

So you don't see anything in the virtual devices either then?
            Jon

Comment

Sorry, the virtual device is showing fine.

Comment

I should of made it clearer but you would need to call the html file via the HS web server, not just clicking on it. If you see as a virtual device, the html file should be working.

To confirm, you have tried to run the exe on its own as an administrator?
                Jon

Comment

Oh, sorry
                  I now tried to access it through the webserver with the local adress below.
                  http://192.168.40.51/images/jon00/da...ashboard1.html
                  Then it shows correct. So thats good but how do I get the PNG file to work? I'd like to include it in HsTouch

Comment

Stop the plugin (right-click on the tray icon) and then manually start it as an administrator via Windows Explorer. Does that work?
                    Jon

Comment

Yeah, just did that and still no PNG is showing up. But the virtual device and the HTML file is rendering as they should.

Comment

Create a shortcut for the exe and set that to run as an administrator. Any different?
                        Jon

Comment

I have tried that also, also tried running the exe as administrator itself but no changes.

Comment

I'm at home now and mine is still working OK.

Which version of wkhtmltoimage did you place in dashboard directory? Even though I have a 64 bit OS, I seem to have the 32 bit version which is working fine.
                            Jon

Comment

Hi
                              I have used the one that came in the Zip file and I have also downloaded the 64bit from the internet and still no success. I am running win 10 64bit. If I delete the file it reappears the next time it is created so I don't think there are any access restriction issues.

Comment

I'm running out of ideas. I notice you are from Norway, I wonder if it is a regional issue?

I assume you are running Windows 10?
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X