No announcement yet.

Jon00 Dashboard for Homeseer 3 & Homeseer 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am sorry, I read the instructions at least six times and skimmed by the section:

Also copy HomeSeerAPI.dll, HSCF.dll and Scheduler.dll from your Homeseer HS3 root directory to this directory. The
    plugin will crash if these are not in the directory!
    If setup correctly, you should have 7 files in this directory.

I did two of your other addins just before that and glossed over it as a no brainer.

Incidentally I did not copy them I created hard links. I recommend it as you will not have to remember to fix versions after an update.

Thanks for great work!

Comment

Maybe I am missing something, but how do you set the labels of the values on pie charts and bar graphs. Do you pass an array to the data?

For example I am looking to add a pie of all electrical draws currently labeled by source.

Or a line graph by 15 min intervals showing main power usage labeled with times.

Comment

Hi Stubborn

Can you please provide some detail as how you did the hard links, it sounds like a great idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Stubborn View Post
          Maybe I am missing something, but how do you set the labels of the values on pie charts and bar graphs. Do you pass an array to the data?

For example I am looking to add a pie of all electrical draws currently labeled by source.

Or a line graph by 15 min intervals showing main power usage labeled with times.
          Labels have to be fixed. Option number 265 is an example which you can use to modify under your own options number in the Jon00DashboardOptions.ini

Please also see post 104 in this thread.
          Jon

Comment

Originally posted by BeePee View Post
            Hi Stubborn

Can you please provide some detail as how you did the hard links, it sounds like a great idea.
            Overview of hardlinks in NTFS:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...(v=vs.85).aspx

Function call:
            https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...(v=vs.85).aspx

There are many apps to help with this, I have a local copy of NTFS Link I got years ago. Looks like there is a newer branch here:
            https://sourceforge.net/projects/ntfslinkext/

Comment

Thanks Stubborn

I'll give that a try, its good to learn something new.

Comment

Is it possible to add something else than text (or current value) to "Title" and "Title1", like a device string?

Comment

No, it is text only.
                  Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                    No, it is text only.
                    It would have been nice to display a custom string of daily max/min for example, but that's no big issue at all. I'm really happy with how the gauge is looking on my wall tablet.

Comment

There is no database with this application and is designed to show current values only (which is what a dashboard display would do).
                      Jon

Comment

I'm keeping track om daily high/low using virtual devices. If it would had been possible to send a device string or such I could have passed the info this way. But the gauge might had been too crowded anyway. Less is more.

A thought I got was to keep dashed lines marking High and Low, but I understand you are limited to the API you're using so this was just an idea.

Comment

I don't mind adding replacement tags (as used for the charting) for the titles, however you may need to wait. I did start to update this package to provide additional dashboard components earlier in the year. The trouble is that I stopped when I went on vacation and now not sure where I am with it. My intention was to look at this over Christmas when I have some time off.

BTW, do you mind showing screenshots of your wall tablet?
                          Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                            I don't mind adding replacement tags (as used for the charting) for the titles, however you may need to wait. I did start to update this package to provide additional dashboard components earlier in the year. The trouble is that I stopped when I went on vacation and now not sure where I am with it. My intention was to look at this over Christmas when I have some time off.

BTW, do you mind showing screenshots of your wall tablet?
                            Sound great with the coming update. No rush at all.

I will fix a screenshot of my tablet. Just need to finish the last gauge.

Comment

Here we go...
                              Attached Files

Comment

Good job! That is a nice clean interface.
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X