Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon00 Dashboard for Homeseer 3 & Homeseer 4

NOTE: Works on Windows ONLY

This package allows you to create and display Gauge, Meter, Odometer, Thermometer, Fuel, Progress, Line, Bar, Pie, Radar, Rose and Waterfall charts which can be displayed in Homeseer 3 virtual devices, web pages and HS3Touch.

Numerous options are available to change each dashboard output to your design including labels, colours, fonts, shadows etc. I have included some pre-set options to assist with this configuration.

Each dashboard component generated consists of two html files together with an optional PNG file which can be used as needed.

There are several methods to provide current metrics to the dashboard components including device values from Homeseer devices, Timers, Counters, Ini files etc.

This package uses RGraph which is supplied under its GPL License. If you intend to show any of the generated dashboard components on a public facing website, you should provide a link to the RGraph website.

As always it is available on my site (click on my banner below).

(No Banner seen?- check your Forum Settings - User Settings, Account, Tick 'Show Signature')

Please post any issues here.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jon00; December 19, 2016, 11:01 AM.
    Jon

Jon I went to download this plugin and I can't seem to find it in the list with your other plugins.

Comment

Are you talking about the drop down list at the top? If so, yes I forgot to add it but should be there now.

You can always find everything if you click 'All downloads' on the left-hand menu.
      Jon

Comment

I see it now. Thank you.

Comment

Very nice work Jon!

Sent from my iPhone
          Tom
          baby steps...starting again with HS3
          HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
          HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
          Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
          In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
          System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Jon, First thank you! This is an amazing plugin and fills a gap for me to make things look "pretty".

Question I have, is there a way to adjust the colors on the gauge to be on the opposite side? I am wanting to use it to display battery levels and like the looks of it compared to the meter. Also if we can adjust it, can we also adjust the data for the range of the colors? Say, red is 0 - 10 and yellow 10-50, and green is 50-100?
            Attached Files

Comment

Yes you can! The trouble is that there are so many possibilities I only added a few.

Open up Jon00DashboardOptions.ini and add the following against these entries:

*** USERVALUES=1-100 ***
              1=greenColor: 'red',
              2=yellowColor: 'orange',
              3=redColor: 'green',
              4=redStart: 50,
              5=greenEnd: 10,

Then save the file.

In Jon00DashBoard.ini, against the Options for the gauge add 1+2+3+4+5

You can change the colors as you wish. The numbers are percentages.
              Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                This package allows you to create and display Gauge, Meter, Odometer, Thermometer, Fuel, Progress, Line, Bar, Pie, Radar, Rose and Waterfall charts which can be displayed in Homeseer 3 virtual devices, web pages and HS3Touch.
                Pretty cool Jon! Do these graphics populate the "status graphics" values? In other words, will they propagate to HSTouch?
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                  Pretty cool Jon! Do these graphics populate the "status graphics" values? In other words, will they propagate to HSTouch?
                  As HSTouch does not support HTML5 canvas, there is an option is to convert to a PNG file which is updated on any change in value. This can be imported as an image and automatically updated using IsVideo and IsVideoRefreshRate. Showing on a device is purely optional.
                  Jon

Comment

Thank you! So pretty.
                    Attached Files

Comment

As HSTouch does not support HTML5 canvas, there is an option is to convert to a PNG file which is updated on any change in value. This can be imported as an image and automatically updated using IsVideo and IsVideoRefreshRate. Showing on a device is purely optional.
                      I'm asking because I typically don't spend much time messing with my web HS3 web GUI - I have 3 touchscreens running HSTouch sprinkled around my house - that's the interface I use for control and info. Would be nice to use some of these with those.

BTW, I sent you and email a few days ago but didn't hear back. Did you get it or did I send it to an unused address? I used the MB email you registered with.
                      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Mark,

The dashboard components are generated used JavaScript on a HTML5 canvas. They are not images as such but drawn raw on the canvas which allows full animation and effect capabilities. If HSTouch supported HTML5, you could just embed the generated HTML file I provide and you would see the animation.

To enable these to be shown in HSTouch with this restriction, there is an option to turn the canvas into a PNG file. This file is automatically updated on change in value. I cannot use status graphics as the png file name is the same throughout. I did try using extensions such .PNG?t=11 for each different pair.

Therefore the easiest way to display in HSTouch is to import the image and get it to refresh every second using IsVideo=True

Regarding the email, yes I got it and will respond tomorrow.
                        Jon

Comment

Mark,

The dashboard components are generated used JavaScript on a HTML5 canvas. They are not images as such but drawn raw on the canvas which allows full animation and effect capabilities. If HSTouch supported HTML5, you could just embed the generated HTML file I provide and you would see the animation.

To enable these to be shown in HSTouch with this restriction, there is an option to turn the canvas into a PNG file. This file is automatically updated on change in value. I cannot use status graphics as the png file name is the same throughout. I did try using extensions such .PNG?t=11 for each different pair.

Therefore the easiest way to display in HSTouch is to import the image and get it to refresh every second using IsVideo=True

Regarding the email, yes I got it and will respond tomorrow.
                          Jon - I don't know much about this sort of stuff but have you seen http://forums.homeseer.com/showthrea...Touch+registry which implies that you can cause (at least for the Windows HSTouch client) to use the later versions of IE which might support HTML5? HSTouch seems to like to use the IE7 rendering option which from looking around seems to suggest HTML5 came in IE8 or later.

Comment

That's a good find! I wonder what the Android/IOS clients use then?
                            Jon

Comment

Before I start building my pages for my win client... it would be nice just to be able to use the device image vs doing an html textbox...

with this find, would it be possible, or should i just carry on with the original plan?

Comment

Working...
                              X