No announcement yet.

Jon00 Winamp/Wacup Controller for Homeseer 3 and Homeseer 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought perhaps installing a second WinAmp in a different directory, but then I don't see a way to point the plugin to the correct"Winamp". Would almost need a "WinmpPath" in the settings.txt file. Thanks for looking into it.

Comment

I've posted on the WACUP forums
      Jon

Comment

Originally posted by theplant View Post
        I thought perhaps installing a second WinAmp in a different directory, but then I don't see a way to point the plugin to the correct"Winamp". Would almost need a "WinmpPath" in the settings.txt file. Thanks for looking into it.
        I've sent you a PM with a new version to try. Please let me know if it resolves the issue.
        Jon

Comment

Version 1.0.11 has now been released which corrects an issue with multiple instance installations.
          Jon

Comment

Hey all. I'm trying to give this thing a whirl. Sounds slick. But so far, I'm not having much luck at all. I've been through the document about 5 times to make sure I haven't missed anything and I can't figure out what is wrong. After going through the steps, I launch the client....it shows up in the tray, but then nothing. Winamp doesn't launch, it doesn't connect to HS3, nothing in the log. The plugin says "Not Connected". Any advice on where to start looking? I'm trying to set this up on the same machine that I'm hosting HS3 from. Does that change anything in the steps? Do I need to include the port number in the settings.txt file if I'm using a non-standard port (using 88). Thanks in advance for any advice. I'm stumped.

Comment

In the client directory, there is a file called settings.txt. Did you set the hs3hostadd= entry to the IP Address of your Homeseer PC

Example:

hs3hostadd=192.168.1.55
              Jon

Comment

Yes, I did. That's where I was wondering if I needed to add a port if I'm not using 80. I'm guessing not but thought it was worth asking!

Comment

One question. In the instructions it says to put the Jon00Winamp folder structure on the c: drive, which I did. Does that mean the Jon00Winamp folder? Or does that mean just the subfolders within the Jon00Winamp folder?

Comment

I figured it out. My startup shortcut was for the .exe before I moved the folder to the root. My mistake. Getting somewhere now. Thanks Jon!

Comment

Two questions please. First, is it possible to have 2 instances on the same client feeding 2 different sound cards? I have both working fine independently with each using a different output device, however they won’t work at the same time. When I play the second one the first one stops and vice versa. Second, for some reason my bookmarks won’t populate in the drop down. I verified that the config file is pointed to the right folder and that the Winamp bookmark file has entries. Not a huge deal as I can use presets bit just wondering. Thank you!

Comment

Not sure what you mean when you say you have 2 instances of the same client. There should be 2 clients running, each controlling a single instance of Winamp. Did you follow the multi instance instructions to the letter? Would you also confirm the version of Winamp you have installed.

Regarding bookmarks, if you have confirmed that the file path you placed in the BookmarkPath entry contains the correct bookmark music, did you try the update bookmark button on the root devices?
                        Jon

Comment

What I meant to say is that I have two instances of Winamp running on the same host. I have two clients running. Using the version of Winamp that was in the package.

on the bookmarks, yes I tried the update button. The HS logs show that they were updated. I refresh the devices page and the list never populates. It just shows one item in the list that says “bookmarks”.

Comment

Can you post your settings.txt for each client plus Jon00Winamp1.ini and Jon00Winamp2.ini (or send to me in an email).
                            Jon

Comment

Thanks Jon. Sent you a PM

Comment

Hey all. Jon reviewed my files and doesn't see anything wrong. Bookmarks still won't populate (but when I use the "add to bookmark" button it does update the file interestingly). Anyway, not a big deal I can use the preset feature. Still can't seem to get two different instances to play on two different sound cards simultaneously. I can get them to play individually using two different outputs, but once you play the 2nd the first one stops and vice versa. Jon thinks its a winamp thing. If anyone has had success in doing this please let me know. Otherwise it makes having multiple instances useless for my application anyway (using as two different sources in a whole house audio setup). Thanks all and thanks to you Jon for taking a look. Awesome work.

Comment

Working...
                                X