Jon00 Winamp/Wacup Controller for Homeseer 3 and Homeseer 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon00 Winamp/Wacup Controller for Homeseer 3 and Homeseer 4

This package allows you to control multiple instances of Winamp via Homeseer on your home network. This is achieved by installing clients (Jon00 Winamp.exe) on every PC you wish to control a Winamp instance. It is possible to operate multiple instances on and single PC and/or individually on several PC's on your network.

Everything is controlled using HS3/HS4 devices which are grouped to show individual clients.

Video

The package has the following features:

Transport Controls:

» Play
    » Pause
    » Play on pause/Pause on play
    » Stop
    » Stop after track ends
    » Next Track
    » Previous Track
    » Fast Forward (+5 sec steps)
    » Rewind (-5 sec steps)
    » Shuffle on and off
    » Repeat on and off

Volume:

» Mute
    » Mute Low
    » Unmute
    » Set volume to a specific level
    » Auto Mute Low when Homeseer is speaking with low ramp to original volume

Music selection:

» Play Playlist (i.e. m3u)
    » Play bookmark
    » Play Preset
    » Play Folder/sub folders
    » Play direct file or URL

Other:

» Sleep timer with 14 preset times
    » Add current song to bookmarks
    » Clear Winamp playlist
    » Stop playing & clear Winamp playlist
    » Update presets list
    » Update playlists list
    » Update bookmarks list
    » Search master playlists
    » Restart Winamp
    » Restart Client
    » Pause Winamp when Homeseer is speaking

» Winamp ID assigned
    » Transport (Play, Pause or stop)
    » Winamp Volume %
    » Now Playing
    » Shuffle status (on/off)
    » Repeat status (on/off)
    » Number of playlist entries
    » View current playlist or current position of playlist
    » Track length/Track elapsed/Track remaining times
    » Current Title
    » Current Track
    » Current Album
    » Current Genre
    » Album Art
    » Optional Lyrics

Works great on HS3Touch.

As always, it can be downloaded from my site. (Click on my banner below). Any issues, please post here.

(No Banner seen?- check your Forum Settings - User Settings, Account, Tick 'Show Signature')

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_53794.jpg Views:	644 Size:	87.5 KB ID:	1209292

Click image for larger version  Name:	Image1.png Views:	0 Size:	416.5 KB ID:	1394196
    Last edited by jon00; June 16, 2020, 05:31 AM.
    Jon

You are the MAN! You should see the hack job I've cobbled together using TextSeer, EventGhost and drhsIpPlugIn to tie WinAmp in to HS3.

Will this support remote instances of WinAmp?

I feel as though I've died and gone to Heaven.
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

I'm amazed that Winamp still exists. I used that back in the good old days of HS 1.x. Good job on the new controller.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

It really whips the lamas ...

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
        Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
        Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
          You are the MAN! You should see the hack job I've cobbled together using TextSeer, EventGhost and drhsIpPlugIn to tie WinAmp in to HS3.

You can install it on as many PC's as you like on your network. Multiple instance on a single PC is also supported with a small reduction in functionality.
          Jon

Comment

S-F,

As you are enthused by this, would you have time to test this? I need to write some docs first ....
            Jon

Comment

Absolutely!

Should I PM you my email address?

Comment

If you could please...
                Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                  You can install it on as many PC's as you like on your network. Multiple instance on a single PC is also supported with a small reduction in functionality.
                  So...I'm confused then. Are you saying the Winamp player can actually reside on another PC but can be totally controlled via HS3? My wife has got an old Win7 laptop with gigs of tunes - that's all it's for. I'd love to be able to figure out a way to access those and secondly, figure out how I can get the audio to my stereo in another room.

Rob
                  HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                    So...I'm confused then. Are you saying the Winamp player can actually reside on another PC but can be totally controlled via HS3? My wife has got an old Win7 laptop with gigs of tunes - that's all it's for. I'd love to be able to figure out a way to access those and secondly, figure out how I can get the audio to my stereo in another room.

Rob
                    For your first point, Yes I am, You can install Winamp on any/every Windows PC on your network each controlled via Homeseer 3 independently. You are not limited to a single instance either, so you could have 4 copies of Winamp running on a single PC, each assigned to a different sound card.
                    Jon

Comment

Well that's cool. Like others, I haven't even thought about Winamp since the '90s and didn't even know it was still available.

I take it that this can be integrated into HSTouch???

Does anyone have any wireless sound transmission ideas? Bluetooth perhaps??

Thanks,

Rob
                      Last edited by langenet; April 15, 2016, 08:09 AM.
                      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Winamp still has a strong following on the forums especially with old f***s like me.

The fact that it natively supports multiple instance is a bonus too without hacks which can be applied to WMP.

Personally, it is one of the few players that decodes mp2 streams correctly (which is used by the UK Digital Audio Broadcasts) which I distribute on my home network. I've used it for years but never fully integrated it into Homeseer until now.

It does have it's limitations in that it really relies on playlists but apart from that it is still a sound and capable player.

As for HSTouch integration, I have no idea. Hopefully S-F can test!
                        Jon

Comment

Odd that you say it's reliance on play lists is an issue. I use Winamp simply because I always create my play lists dynamically 100% of the time.

Comment

Odd that you say it's reliance on play lists is an issue. I use Winamp simply because I always create my play lists dynamically 100% of the time.
                            It's not an issue for me but I think some people like to browse by Album, Artist etc. rather than spending time with playlists.
                            Jon

Comment

Which version of Winamp is supported? I am still using Winamp myself and love it. I used to have it connected to HS via eventghost but have just been using it by itself since I upgraded to HS3

Comment

Working...
                              X