Skybox plugin question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skybox plugin question

I love that idea of the Skybox plugin. How do I connect to the RS232 on the Sky box ? iTach serial, would that work ?

You need to connect it to a serial port on any Windows PC near your Sky Box. The plugin has to see a physical com port (which can be a USB to serial device) so iTach serial is not suitable. Connection details are in the docs.
    Jon

Comment

That's a shame, no PC anywhere near my Sky box.

Looking through the net, I found serial to Ethernet adapters. Maybe that'll work, what do you think ?
      Last edited by mikee123; July 8, 2016, 01:55 AM.

Comment

If the device is shown as a com port, it should work fine.
        Jon

Comment

Comment

That's a shame. I use it with my Global Cache so that if you select a SD channel, it changes it to the HD equivalent. It also switches BBC1 to SD during regional breaks.
            Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
              That's a shame. I use it with my Global Cache so that if you select a SD channel, it changes it to the HD equivalent. It also switches BBC1 to SD during regional breaks.
              Great idea, I want to do exactly the same. The wife always has it on SD. Apparently there is no difference in picture...
              You are doing that with events ? Would you mind sharing ?

Comment

Its actually a script I use. Get it working and I'll dig it out for you.
                Jon

Comment

Ok will come back here, it'll be a few days before i get the serial to ethernet its coming from China

Comment

Working...
                  X