This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
    Jon, I read thru the doc talking about "local mode" and I have question. In order to have "local mode " one must enable "echo location"?

And correct me if I am wrong, with local mode you can have actions done by only saying "Alexa turn on what ever" without saying "tell homeseer..." But in the other hand you are not able to use responce triggering if u go with the local mode?
    I've got it working in local mode. You need to follow the procedure from Device Location to get the code into Chrome. Then it works. I haven't added EnableEchoLocation=1 as I don't want to change that yet.

You can trigger actions without saying 'tell homeseer', it will work with whatever AlexaText you enter. To test the principle saying Alexa Elephant runs an event to turn all my lounge lights on! I chose Elephant as I'm still running HA Bridge which uses Lounge!

As to response triggering - I'm not sure what you mean.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Got it and there might be something funky

Jon,

So created the primary trigger and the corresponding response triggers and everythings works fine.

What I did notice is that the plug-in is confusing two similar words even though it hears them correctly:

Confusing Deactivate for activate,

Even though the log for Jon Alexa: Alexa command heard: 'deactivate alarm' but this finds Successful trigger under [Trigger3].

And the Alexa text for trigger3 is:
      [Trigger3]
      AlexaText=activate||activate alarm||activate the alarm||alarm activate.

I assume that the plug-in stops searching for primary triggers after the first 'hit' since 3 is before 7.

I then changed the AlexaText for trigger 3 to a different word and then it found the right primary trigger 7.

attaching some info as a reference

Thanks for everything now on to try the temperature..
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by clafa View Post
        Jon,

So created the primary trigger and the corresponding response triggers and everythings works fine.

What I did notice is that the plug-in is confusing two similar words even though it hears them correctly:

Confusing Deactivate for activate,

Even though the log for Jon Alexa: Alexa command heard: 'deactivate alarm' but this finds Successful trigger under [Trigger3].

And the Alexa text for trigger3 is:
        [Trigger3]
        AlexaText=activate||activate alarm||activate the alarm||alarm activate.

I assume that the plug-in stops searching for primary triggers after the first 'hit' since 3 is before 7.

I then changed the AlexaText for trigger 3 to a different word and then it found the right primary trigger 7.

attaching some info as a reference

Thanks for everything now on to try the temperature..

The issue you see is not a bug but a consequence of how I match words (to obtain better hits with Alexa's text). To overcome the issue, you need the deactivate trigger to be before the activate trigger.

The easiest way to do this is to open up Jon00Alexa.ini and find [Trigger3] (on its own line) and rename it to [Trigger7]. Then continue down until you find [Trigger7] (on its own line) and rename it to [Trigger3]

Just to let you know that your alexa text settings only need to be activate and deactivate. As you have these as your first entry on its own, all the other entries are unnecessary. This is because they also have the word activate/deactivate in the selections so there would always be a match on the first.
        Last edited by jon00; January 21, 2017, 05:50 AM.
        Jon

Comment

Originally posted by IanIreland View Post
          Indeed, however my question was how to use it locally, not how to run it.
          Sorry, I misunderstood. I didn't try to be "smart" (and that failed even if I did ).
          HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
          Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
          on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
          WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

As to response triggering - I'm not sure what you mean.

Hope that helps.
            Response triggers are a means to have a pseudo conversation with Alexa to make decisions on what is said. This only works with the Homeseer Skill enabled.
            Jon

Comment

Jon, I read thru the doc talking about "local mode" and I have question. In order to have "local mode " one must enable "echo location"?

And correct me if I am wrong, with local mode you can have actions done by only saying "Alexa turn on what ever" without saying "tell homeseer..." But in the other hand you are not able to use responce triggering if u go with the local mode?
              So Jon, to use local mode I need to enable "echo location "?
              Hector
              MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
              AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by basshook View Post
                I had the page minimized for at least five hours with no Alexa activity. After the skill timed out, viewing the page did not show either native Alexa commands (which still worked) or the Homerseer skill commands (with your web code, that didn't work). It's like the page got swapped out.....

I am going to do some testing with this auto refresh plugin: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...falko?hl=en-US

-Ron
                A follow up on this. For me, it seems like the "keep me signed in" checkbox on the sign page does not stick. Each time I sign in requires me to recheck the box. When I enter in the js code for the history page, Chrome seems to relog me into the site without the box checked; hence after a few hours I am signed out. When I sign back in, the js code for the history page is gone. Using the refresh Chrome extension referenced above solves the problem. I am wondering if the issue is related to a setting in the browser; I tried erasing my browser history.

-Ron

Comment

So Jon, to use local mode I need to enable "echo location "?
                  No, you need to follow the setup in Echo location but it does not need to be enabled.
                  Jon

Comment

Originally posted by basshook View Post
                    A follow up on this. For me, it seems like the "keep me signed in" checkbox on the sign page does not stick. Each time I sign in requires me to recheck the box. When I enter in the js code for the history page, Chrome seems to relog me into the site without the box checked; hence after a few hours I am signed out. When I sign back in, the js code for the history page is gone. Using the refresh Chrome extension referenced above solves the problem. I am wondering if the issue is related to a setting in the browser; I tried erasing my browser history.

-Ron
                    Doing a quick Google, there are lots of posts about this. Perhaps one of these will help?
                    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                      Response triggers are a means to have a pseudo conversation with Alexa to make decisions on what is said. This only works with the Homeseer Skill enabled.
                      I haven't tried - but as I already have my HS PC sending speech to the Echo via Bluetooth, could I have a pseudo Bluetooth conversation?

Comment

Actually it might work because in local mode it is always listening to Alexa.
                        Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                          Actually it might work because in local mode it is always listening to Alexa.
                          I'm playing!

I see that in order to evoke a trigger response I need to add a ? after a proposed Alexa response. As I'm never going to get an Alexa response - would a ? in that field still be picked up and thereby lead to the triggers?

Comment

At the moment I am not getting anything!
                            I have put a ? in the Alexa Response field.
                            I have put a question in the Speak field, "Which light would you like". And created a couple of triggers.
                            I have put *.* in the Speaker Client field.
                            I'm not sure what best to put in Speaker Device to direct to Bluetooth. The PC is running Server 2012R2 and doesn't natively have sound or Bluetooth. I added a Bluetooth stack from Cambridge Silicon Radio which works OK.

Any thoughts?

Comment

I'm playing!

I see that in order to evoke a trigger response I need to add a ? after a proposed Alexa response. As I'm never going to get an Alexa response - would a ? in that field still be picked up and thereby lead to the triggers?
                              At the moment I am not getting anything!
                              I have put a ? in the Alexa Response field.
                              I have put a question in the Speak field, "Which light would you like". And created a couple of triggers.
                              I have put *.* in the Speaker Client field.
                              I'm not sure what best to put in Speaker Device to direct to Bluetooth. The PC is running Server 2012R2 and doesn't natively have sound or Bluetooth. I added a Bluetooth stack from Cambridge Silicon Radio which works OK.

Any thoughts?
                              Actually it is not going to work well as each time you need to make a response, you have to use Alexa......do something. Using the skill, once you started a session, you do not need to use 'Alexa' or 'Tell Homeseer'
                              Jon

Comment

Okay, I've read and re-read the response trigger options many times, but I'm still stuck. Mind you, I'm still a Skill Helper amature, so bear with me.

Here's what I want to achieve:
                                Me: Alexa, tell HomeSeer to brew coffee
                                Alexa: OK, how many cups?
                                Me: Five
                                (HomeSeer uses CAPI to set device value of device 1475 to 5).
                                Alexa: Great, are you ready?
                                Me: Yes:
                                Alexa: Brewing coffee.
                                (HomeSer triggers CAPI command 0 at device 1474).

I get to "OK, how many cups?"
                                I respond "five", but then Alexa hits me with "unable to find the device" error.

I'm sure it is something I'm not getting, but what?

Here's the devices:

and

I've tried many different settings, like this:

and
                                HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                                Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                                on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                                WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Working...
                                X