X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank You Jon

Jon, as usual your plugins are amazing.
    Being able to have Alexa ask for an authorization code to open a door or setup the alarm is priceless.
    Not counting making HS interesting again.

Donation on it$ way.

You should sell those gems.

Cheers.

Comment

Alexa ignores "Tell Homeseer"

I might have missed something but for some reason Alexa chooses to ignore "Tell Homeseer".

When I issue the command "Alexa tell homeseer flood light on" Alexa replies with "Sorry cannot find a device or group named homeseer flood light in francois account"

I am using the following trigger:

[Trigger1]
      AlexaText=Flood Light On
      Mode=1
      AlexaResponse=Turning flood light on
      RunEvent=
      Runscript=
      Speak=
      SPClient=
      SpeakDevice=
      CAPI=391,100
      Json=
      DeviceValue=
      SetDeviceValue=
      SetCapiValue=
      Delay=
      Name=[FloodLight]
      ResponseTimeOut=10

I guess I have overlooked something, but have no idea what

Help is appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by jetkit View Post
        Jon, as usual your plugins are amazing.
        Being able to have Alexa ask for an authorization code to open a door or setup the alarm is priceless.
        Not counting making HS interesting again.

Donation on it$ way.

You should sell those gems.

Cheers.
        Thanks very much!
        Jon

Comment

Originally posted by fvhemert View Post
          I might have missed something but for some reason Alexa chooses to ignore "Tell Homeseer".

When I issue the command "Alexa tell homeseer flood light on" Alexa replies with "Sorry cannot find a device or group named homeseer flood light in francois account"

I am using the following trigger:

[Trigger1]
          AlexaText=Flood Light On
          Mode=1
          AlexaResponse=Turning flood light on
          RunEvent=
          Runscript=
          Speak=
          SPClient=
          SpeakDevice=
          CAPI=391,100
          Json=
          DeviceValue=
          SetDeviceValue=
          SetCapiValue=
          Delay=
          Name=[FloodLight]
          ResponseTimeOut=10

I guess I have overlooked something, but have no idea what

Help is appreciated!
          Are you using a US or UK Amazon account? If US, do you have the Homeseer Home Automation skill enabled? Details here: http://www.homeseer.com/amazon-echo-integration.html
          Jon

Comment

I believe I have a US account although I am Europe (Netherlands) based. Could my IP address be used to determine my location?

Any idea how I can confirm? I have created the account on amazon.com which leads me to believe it is a US account.

Comment

It sounds like you are on a US account. The question remains, do you have the correct skill installed?

Go to your Amazon Alexa app and select Skills. At the top right of the page, click "Your Skills". What do you see? Is Homeseer listed as a skill?
              Jon

Comment

The skill that is listed on my Alexa web page is called : "Homeseer"

Am I correct is assuming this is the wrong skill and it should say "Homeseer Home Automation" instead of just "Homeseer"?

Comment

If Homeseer is listed under the skills page then that is correct. Look at the examples posted in the link I posted earlier to test.
                  Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                    If Homeseer is listed under the skills page then that is correct. Look at the examples posted in the link I posted earlier to test.
                    The images on the HS Alexa website leads me to believe there are two different skills one called "Homeseer" an the orher one called "Homeseer Home Automation"

Could it be there are two different Skill stores?

Btw. The functionality listed under option #1 (Alexa turn of kitchen light) works like a charm

Comment

Yes there are two skills; as shown on the Homeseer setup page. Follow the installation instructions for Option 2 (HomeSeer Home Automation Skill) and then test with the examples shown.
                      Jon

Comment

I am not seeing the correct skill in the store and I believe I found my problem. When trying to access http://alexa.amazon.com website the moment I enter my account info I get redirected to http://alexa.amazon.co.uk

Not sure if it is the account that triggers this or if there is some kind of geo-dns in play.

Tomorrow I'll take a closer look, create a new account and try to use a US proxy to see if I can bypass it.

Thank you for all your help!!!! Very much appreciated!

if I find a workaround I will post it here.

Comment

If using a UK account, you have to create your own dev skill. Details here: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=184368

Some people have had difficulty getting this working recently.....
                          Jon

Comment

HI Jon, what rev are we in now? And how can I know when there is a new update?
                            Hector
                            MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                            AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                              If using a UK account, you have to create your own dev skill. Details here: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=184368

Some people have had difficulty getting this working recently.....
                              Have some new insights:

- I used a proxy in the US to access my account and found the redirection to the UK site does not happen anymore --> redirection seems to be based on geo-location
                              - When connected to the US site I could add the "Homeseer Home Automation" skill to my account but I was not able to configure Alexa since my phone cannot use the same proxy
                              - When I remove the proxy settings and look at my account through the UK website, surprisingly I now have 2 HS skills, both "Homeseer Home Automation" and "Homeseer". The "Homeseer Home Automation" is disabled and trying to enable it fails without any error messages (it just hangs)

For now I give up my attempts to get it working and will miss out on all the beautiful things Jon has built

I am still wondering why "Homeseer Home Automation" skill is not available in the UK store.

Comment

Amazon require independent skill approval for both US and UK sites. Due to changes in their skill API requirements last year, the existing Homeseer Home Automation skill on the US site would never get certification in the UK and if HST made any changes to this skill for US, it would lose its certification there too.

Therefore for UK accounts, the only option is to create your own dev skill which has been modified to work in a similar fashion to the US Homeseer Home Automation skill.

Creating a dev skill is not hard and details can be found in the thread I posted earlier.
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X