X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These is no provision to pass control parameters to a script but you can easily write your own Capi control if you want. The possible different parameters that you can send to a script are:

1) Alexa Text spoken
    2) A parsed number if contained in the Alexa Text
    3) Echo location (if in experimental mode)
    4) User defined string
    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by ScottM View Post
      Thanks Jon. It's installed. I'll keep you posted if I run into anything.
      Now that 9 days have elapsed, have you had any log-out issues with Chrome?
      Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
        Now that 9 days have elapsed, have you had any log-out issues with Chrome?
        Not one!

Comment

I'm not surprised if you refreshing every 5 minutes! There is a high chance the page is being refreshed when you are speaking.

I have also suggested using auto refresh but not with that duration! As you have it, the last request is resent every time you do a refresh.

Nothing up my sleeve with this one. I was looking into the Add-To-Pad application that Ian posted earlier and the developer explained is just a wrapper around IE (Assume the COM Web Browser Object). The Web page still needs to be authenticated etc. Too much work for a web page that could change at any time. I was rather hoping Amazon would provide this information as it has been requested so many times before.....
          I did some experimenting with the location recognition issue I described. It is clearly not related to the 5 minute refresh as I can increase the refresh rate to 20 min with the same issue. The probability of giving a command at the very instant the web page is refreshing (takes way under a second to refresh), is quite low. The location recognition issue does not happen with all dots/echos in my system. I have six devices in my system and the one causing the problem is the last one added. Strange.

Comment

problem with returning spoken string from script

I have attached a snippet from a script that is executed with Jon's plugin. In one instance, I have a 1 second delay before returning from the script. On the other instance, I return without the delay. I have set up the trigger with a delay = 12 and response timeout = 10. When the branch goes down the path with 1 sec delay, it works, but I get a "device not found" instead of the return string that I coded. If the branch go down the other path with no delay, the coded string is spoken.

Any thoughts?
            Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by jimbell View Post
                I have attached a snippet from a script that is executed with Jon's plugin. In one instance, I have a 1 second delay before returning from the script. On the other instance, I return without the delay. I have set up the trigger with a delay = 12 and response timeout = 10. When the branch goes down the path with 1 sec delay, it works, but I get a "device not found" instead of the return string that I coded. If the branch go down the other path with no delay, the coded string is spoken.

Any thoughts?
                I suggest you take a look at what you are returning to Alexa i.e. add a writelog before the return:

hs.writelog("Debug",commandArray(0) & "door is " & tempCommand2)
                Jon

Comment

Good news! Let's hope some of the others now start to create their own dev skills in Europe! Thanks for the donation BTW!
                  Jon

Comment

I suggest you take a look at what you are returning to Alexa i.e. add a writelog before the return:

hs.writelog("Debug",commandArray(0) & "door is " & tempCommand2)
                    I have modified the vb script. The new one is attached. The console log entry is:

May-10 11:09:19 PM debug Van door is Closing
                    Attached Files

Comment

Would you post a screenshot of your trigger?
                      Jon

Comment

I have modified the vb script. The new one is attached. The console log entry is:

May-10 11:09:19 PM debug Van door is Closing
                        I forgot to say that I am still experiencing the problem.

Comment

Screen Shots

Would you post a screenshot of your trigger?
                          Here are 2 screenshots. They are basically the same, just different parameters to the script.
                          Both fail if the branch with the 1 second delay is executed.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Addition info

Here are 2 screenshots. They are basically the same, just different parameters to the script.
                            Both fail if the branch with the 1 second delay is executed.
                            To avoid confusion. The branch to open or close the door does open and close the door. The error is that the returned string is not spoken.

Comment

It looks fine.

How long does it take to say that the device was not found?

What version of the script are you running? (look in the Alexa.ini file under the [Info] section.)
                              Last edited by jon00; May 11, 2017, 05:22 PM.
                              Jon

Comment

Move info

It looks fine.

How long does it take to say that the device was not found?

What version of the script are you running? (look in the Alexa.ini file under the [Info] section.)
                                The version is 1.0.14.2.

The "that device was not found" message is spoken about 3-4 seconds after the trigger command is spoken.

Comment

Working...
                                X