X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you remove the delay setting completely and tell me what happens.
    Jon

Comment

Test script

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
      Would you remove the delay setting completely and tell me what happens.

I coded a "test" script that allows for testing either by me or you. The interesting part is that if a delay is executed, either by a loop or the WaitSecs function, I do not get a response (or the response is null) back.

I am attaching a screenshot of the trigger page and the script file for testing.
      Attached Files

Comment

Jon00 Alexa Helper Conditions

Hi everyone. Question. Its it possible to run or not run an event with conditions? For example to allow Alexa (via the plug in) open my garage door but only if I'm home.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbell View Post
          I coded a "test" script that allows for testing either by me or you. The interesting part is that if a delay is executed, either by a loop or the WaitSecs function, I do not get a response (or the response is null) back.

I am attaching a screenshot of the trigger page and the script file for testing.
          Thanks, I believe I have found the bug. I've PM'd you with a new version to try.
          Jon

Comment

Originally posted by rotunnoe View Post
            Hi everyone. Question. Its it possible to run or not run an event with conditions? For example to allow Alexa (via the plug in) open my garage door but only if I'm home.
            Probably best to run an event which runs another with conditions. See here: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=174310
            Jon

Comment

Yes I thought of that as well but I just wanted to doublecheck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Version 1.0.16 is now available:

Corrects an issue with the delay setting and information returned via the [scriptfunc] tag.
                Jon

Comment

Jon00 and others who are using the experimental echo location:

Has anyone been able to actually stay logged in to echo/alexa.amazon.com?

Everytime I close chrome and reopen it to the history page, it automatically kicks me out. Sometimes it kicks me out twice before bringing me to the alexa home page. This happens no matter what I do, before and even after all of the steps. It never keeps me logged in. This only seems to happen on my HS3 server.

Edit:

Ok it looks like somehow I got it working by signing/linking my Chrome to my gmail account. Seems to be loading fine after a reboot without having to login.
                  Last edited by neuro; May 15, 2017, 11:05 PM. Reason: Update

Comment

Understanding Thermostat Control

I just started using this with my Echo and Homeseer was able to configure it to tell me the thermostat temperature.
                    I want to be able to use voice commands to change the heating and cooling setpoints. If I understand correctly, I can use the ScriptParm= field to do that, however, I'm not sure how I need to word the Alexa Text to use the ScriptParm=.
                    Do I use: Alexa, tell Homeseer to set cooling setpoint to [ScriptParm=] degrees???
                    Can someone offer a little guidance please?
                    Thanks!

Got it! After re-reading the instructions for the 3rd time, it finally sunk in that I needed to use the script param, plus designate the device. It works great now. I love that you can customize Alexa's responses.
                    Last edited by StevieB; May 20, 2017, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Attached Files
                      -Rick

Comment

Can some one point out, Where can I create a dev skill for echo?
                        Hector
                        MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                        AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
                          Can some one point out, Where can I create a dev skill for echo?
                          https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...&postcount=264

Comment

Thank you
                            Hector
                            MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                            AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

updated from Z2 to SEL - getting error on ECHO saying need version 239 to use

updated from Z2 to SEL - was working great before

getting error on Echo saying need version 239 to use this feature when I say

Alexa tell Homeseer to turn on living room light

But commands without HS at the beginning work

Alexa turn on living room light

I downloaded the latest zip from Jon and copied the html and scripts. I left my original INI in place.

Comment

The error has noting to do with the helper. You need to ensure that Myhs is working and correctly registered with your echo.
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X