X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next time you are making changes, could you add the "Alexa Ignore Text" to the "Primary Trigger List"? Perhaps add it under the "Text" column, with the Ignore text in RED?
    tenholde

Comment

Originally posted by tenholde View Post
      I am confused about the "Test HomeSeer Actions" button. I expected that it would run the actions on the trigger that I am displaying as a test if the CAPI commands, etc are correct. What appears to be happening, is the "Alexa Text" string is being used to determine which trigger and actions to run. Nor does it appear to take into account the "Alexa Ignore Text" field.
      The Alexa Text string entry relates to all triggers, not just the trigger you are viewing. That provides a mechanism to check that other triggers don't take precedence. I cannot see how the ignore text is not working as this uses the same entry point as the normal Alexa text string.
      Jon

Comment

Originally posted by tenholde View Post
        Next time you are making changes, could you add the "Alexa Ignore Text" to the "Primary Trigger List"? Perhaps add it under the "Text" column, with the Ignore text in RED?
        If you click on the advanced checkbox, the ignore text is shown as a separate column.
        Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post

If you click on the advanced checkbox, the ignore text is shown as a separate column.
          Wow, not sure how I missed that. Thanks.
          tenholde

Comment

Is there still and issue with which Mono version needs to be used so the editor works when running Linux?
            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
            Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
            Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
            3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
            4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
            3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
            SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

Originally posted by Timon View Post
              Is there still and issue with which Mono version needs to be used so the editor works when running Linux?
              The issue with ASPX on later Linux versions was identified by bsobel and he has provided a workaround. Check out this thread: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...ge-compilation
              Jon

Comment

Thanks, Glad to see they identified the issue and at least have a workaround for now. I subscribed to the thread and will get to it after some of the other issues I'm working on are resolved.
                Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                  It looks like the script is being run twice. Do you have both check_vcmd.vb and check_vcmd2.vb in your scripts directory? If you do, you need to delete check_vcmd.vb
                  Hi:

I checked and I only have the vcmd2,vb in my directory. What is wierd is that it only seems to be doing this on some triggers but not all,

Comment

Originally posted by zsima View Post

Hi:

I checked and I only have the vcmd2,vb in my directory. What is wierd is that it only seems to be doing this on some triggers but not all,
                    Never mind , I figured it out.

I had the trigger as "lamp on||turn lamp on" and I was using mode 5 , so I guess it recognized both phrases as a trigger and ran the script twice.

Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by zsima View Post

Never mind , I figured it out.

I had the trigger as "lamp on||turn lamp on" and I was using mode 5 , so I guess it recognized both phrases as a trigger and ran the script twice.

Thanks again
                      Please download the latest version which takes care of this double triggering on mode 5 and other issues identified.
                      Jon

Comment

jon00, Are you having any server issues? I've been trying to download some modules but the server keeps disconnecting. I've tried with both Safari and Chrome. Haven't downloaded Firefox and tried it. Firefox got removed after I upgraded a few months ago.

Comment

I've just checked the log and it would appear the IP Hack blocking mechanism in HS2 blocked your IP address for 30 min. Why, I don't know.....
                          Jon

Comment

Boy, the system really doesn't like me. I got in but it wouldn't download so I switched to chrome and then it blocked me. After that you can't even go back to Safari. I'll download Firefox and try it after waiting for 30 minutes.

Comment

Yes, you are blocked again. There have been many downloading today without issue so there is something it does not like about your IP address or browser.
                              Jon

Comment

Jon,

with the latest, using the web Jon00Alexa.aspx file seems to eat immediate script commands. They exist in the Jon00Alexa.ini file before being loaded by the web ui but will not be parsed/displayed correctly. Of course if one edits and saves changes using the web ui then they are blank in the ini file afterwards. I am guessing that you're assuming that any text in the Runscript line to be a script filename. In this example, it is a immediate command rather than a script file name.

If I am correct, then can you please update the code to check for a &hs. and treat it as a command rather than a script file name? Or would it be better to add a line item in the INI file for immediate script command? I don't care either way. Thanks!!

This is with the latest version.

[Trigger2]
                                AlexaText=close shades
                                Mode=1
                                AlexaResponse=OK
                                RunEvent=
                                Runscript=&hs.writelog("test","this is a test)
                                Speak=
                                SPClient=
                                SpeakDevice=
                                CAPI=
                                Json=
                                DeviceValue=
                                SetDeviceValue=
                                SetCapiValue=
                                Delay=
                                Name=[Close Shades]

HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Working...
                                X