X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will paste the logs in a note when I get home. I do see messages where the plugin hears Alexa and get a long id string but show the Alexa as "unamed".

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

If you see the long string than that is correct. You need to read the instructions and assign them 'Friendly names'.
      Jon

Comment

Cool -- I have it working now -- I had assumed that since I was having trouble getting Alexa to talk to homeseer through the skills that this would also have trouble, but it seems to be working fine, thanks!

Comment

Hello jon00

Is is possible to say "Alexa tell homeseer good night" at different Alexa devices and have it trigger different events? I'm wanting to say that phrase in either the master bedroom or at one of the downstairs alexa devices but have it perform different actions based on where the command was heard.

I realize I could setup different key words but to make it easier and reduce the number or phrases that one has to remember.
          HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
          Plugin's:
          BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
          EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
          weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
            Hello jon00

Is is possible to say "Alexa tell homeseer good night" at different Alexa devices and have it trigger different events? I'm wanting to say that phrase in either the master bedroom or at one of the downstairs alexa devices but have it perform different actions based on where the command was heard.

I realize I could setup different key words but to make it easier and reduce the number or phrases that one has to remember.
            Yes it's possible. See Jon00Alexa.pdf doc >> Determining Alexa device location.
            Mike

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
              Hello jon00

As Mike said
              Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post

As Mike said
                Great, thanks guys....some reason I was thinking it had to be a different phrase.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                Plugin's:

Comment

Maybe not the correct forum but I appreciate any feedback. For the runscript option running as a function, it mentions returning a string as an example. Since my scripts are subs and not functions, how do I return a string?

Comment

You can only return a string if you run a function. Normally you would write a script function specifically for this application if you wanted it to return something.
                    Jon

Comment

You can only return a string if you run a function. Normally you would write a script function specifically for this application if you wanted it to return something.
                      OK, makes sense now. Thanks

Comment

Hi Jon00, I’ve been having issues with only one of the triggers that I’ve setup in your script and wondered if you could help? All of the other triggers that I have setup in you Helper work fine except for this one. This issue happened after the issues that HS had with the connection with Alexa.

Here is the error I see in the log after I say “Alexa, tell Homeseer good night”

Feb-19 8:36:19 PM TTSSpeak (json:
                        Feb-19 8:36:19 PM InfoHeard: good night
                        Feb-19 8:36:19 PM Jon00_AlexaScript processing time: 13 ms
                        Feb-19 8:36:19 PM Jon00_AlexaResponse sent to Alexa: ''
                        Feb-19 8:36:19 PM Jon00_AlexaTrigger under [Trigger5] BUT no match on Echo device ID/Name
                        Feb-19 8:36:19 PM Jon00_AlexaEcho device in use: Undefined
                        Feb-19 8:36:19 PM Jon00_AlexaTrigger under [Trigger1] BUT no match on Echo device ID/Name
                        Feb-19 8:36:19 PM Jon00_AlexaEcho device in use: Undefined
                        Feb-19 8:36:19 PM Jon00_AlexaAlexa Source: 'Amazon'
                        Feb-19 8:36:19 PM Jon00_AlexaAlexa Device Name: 'Undefined'

The Alexa device had been defined but something must have happened to it.

Plugin's:

Comment

Have you checked to see if the Amazon ID sent (as shown in the HS Log) matches those you have defined in the ini file?
                          Jon

Comment

Have you checked to see if the Amazon ID sent (as shown in the HS Log) matches those you have defined in the ini file?
                            There were two additional Amazon ID’s added to the config file but I haven’t added any. Are there times when Amazon assigns a new Amazon ID to the same device?

The Amazon ID that came up in the log was defined in the config file but it had a “-“. The event that I was trying to trigger was restricted to specific devices however. I deleted the two Amazon IDs out of the config file and changed the new ones that had the “-“ to the correct names.

Plugin's:

Comment

It has been reported before that additional ID's appear for the same device; reason unknown.

You can leave the other ID's in place and just name the new ones the same friendly name if you want.
                              Jon

Comment

I need to do some testing to figure out an issue on what Alexa is sending. Which plugin needs to be renamed so not of the jon00_Alexa plugin will start?

What I would like to see is a way to shut down jon00_Alexa without having to manually rename files. It would be nice if it was a device then we could just flip a switch. Disabling inside of Alexa can cause side effects. I just want jon00_alexa to be disabled not the skill.

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
                                Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
                                Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
                                3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
                                4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
                                3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
                                SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

Working...
                                X