X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.. but if you get a trigger match, what's stopping you from already doing this?
    That is running a script or event to do what you wanted. Sorry I'm trying to understand so that perhaps I can maximize my Alexa helper experience...

Robert

edit: Perhaps the key is Pandora - for which I don't know anything about.
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Here is what I am doing...

Alexa, tell Homeseer to play pandora in the kitchen

It keys off of "play pandora or start pandora" but the location can be different. So I have it run a script and send in the whole alexa text and then I strip off the location. I then can get the proper controller and zone in BLRussound for the location and then turn it on, set the source to pandora and start pandora playing (which is a call to the MainLobby Server Plugin to do this)

It seems to working great so far
      Cheers,
      Bob
      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

The method you use obviously saves on Trigger entries.

Another way would be to use multiple triggers pointing to the same script but passing the location via the script parameter.

i.e. 'play pandora kitchen' which would then pass 'kitchen' (defined in the trigger) as the script parameter.
        Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
          The method you use obviously saves on Trigger entries.

Another way would be to use multiple triggers pointing to the same script but passing the location via the script parameter.

i.e. 'play pandora kitchen' which would then pass 'kitchen' (defined in the trigger) as the script parameter.
          Yes that works too but I want to limit the triggers so I have one trigger that does them all
          Cheers,
          Bob

Comment

Cool... so I take it you pass the String to an array then use the last element as your location..

Robert
            HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Sort of - I strip out all the unneeded words and then the location is left. I then use that to find the controller and zone in BLRussound and then I am able to turn on the zone and set it to the Pandora source as well as start Pandora in MainLobby

Here are the phrases I can use:

Alexa, tell homeseer to (play Pandora|start Pandora|start playing Pandora)
              Alexa, tell homeseer to skip Pandora song
              Alexa, tell homeseer to stop Pandora

Here are some to turn on keypads in BLRussound:

Alexa, tell homeseer to turn on the keypad in the great room
              Alexa, tell homeseer to turn off the keypad in the great room

That is where I got to last night.
              I plan to do much more with this
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

Issue with thermostat

Hi, hope somebody can help. I have been setting this up and other than my echo now being pretty bad at recognising words since moving it to the UK it is working OK, but in general I am running events to make things happen as that seems more reliable than capi. However for setting my thermostat I am struggling.

I have tried these settings but although there are no errors the temp on my Nest never changes whether I put the entry in setdevice or setcapi, it parses the number corectly but nothing happens. Any ideas?

[Trigger1]
                AlexaText=thermostat||nest
                Mode=1
                AlexaResponse=Setting heating||New temperature set||Nest updated
                RunEvent=
                Runscript=
                Speak=
                SPClient=
                SpeakDevice=
                CAPI=
                Json=
                DeviceValue=
                SetDeviceValue=
                SetCapiValue=285
                Delay=

this is in the logs but nothing happens
                Nov-15 22:27:03 Jon00_Alexa Script processing time: 9 ms
                Nov-15 22:27:03 Jon00_Alexa Response sent to Alexa: 'New temperature set'
                Nov-15 22:27:03 Jon00_Alexa Successful trigger under [Trigger1]
                Nov-15 22:27:03 Jon00_Alexa Integer Parsed: 25
                Nov-15 22:27:03 Jon00_Alexa Alexa Number String: twenty five
                Nov-15 22:27:03 Jon00_Alexa Alexa command heard: 'thermostat to twenty five degrees'

For locking/unlocking the door which does work I see this in the logs
                Nov-15 23:17:19 Jon00_Alexa CAPI - Device 3110 is turned lock
                Nov-15 23:17:19 Device Control Device: Ground Hall Door Lock to Lock (255) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                Nov-15 23:17:19 Jon00_Alexa Script processing time: 6 ms
                Nov-15 23:17:19 Jon00_Alexa Response sent to Alexa: 'locking front door'
                Nov-15 23:17:19 Jon00_Alexa Successful trigger under [Trigger8]
                Nov-15 23:17:19 Jon00_Alexa Integer Parsed: -9999
                Nov-15 23:17:19 Jon00_Alexa Alexa Number String:
                Nov-15 23:17:19 Jon00_Alexa Alexa command heard: 'a lock the front door'

Comment

Try using TenScriptAid to determine how the thermostat is controlled.
                  Jon

Comment

I'm just trying this out - I added a few devices and setup the Helper triggers and all worked as expected. But then I added another virtual device (on/off) but no helper triggers and was expecting my custom skill to operate the device but have found that the Helper responds instead with the AlexaNoMatchResponse. I thought "Your existing skill is not affected by the inclusion of this helper apart from it will take priority if a valid match causes a trigger." Am I doing something wrong ?

Comment

Originally posted by naellis View Post
                      I'm just trying this out - I added a few devices and setup the Helper triggers and all worked as expected. But then I added another virtual device (on/off) but no helper triggers and was expecting my custom skill to operate the device but have found that the Helper responds instead with the AlexaNoMatchResponse. I thought "Your existing skill is not affected by the inclusion of this helper apart from it will take priority if a valid match causes a trigger." Am I doing something wrong ?
                      You should have nothing entered in the AlexaNoMatchResponse entry if you want to use the custom skills outside this helper.

If you look at the docs for this setting, this is clearly marked in large letters with a black background.
                      Jon

Comment

On it now. thanks.

Comment

You should have nothing entered in the AlexaNoMatchResponse entry if you want to use the custom skills outside this helper.

If you look at the docs for this setting, this is clearly marked in large letters with a black background.
                          OK, understand, thanks

Comment

I've run this and if I click execute on the capi command that says value and enter a number it works perfectly. But no idea how to work out what it sent to achieve it?

Click image for larger version

Name:	thermostat.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	1187745

Comment

So is the clipboard showing a copy of the CapiControls (0-100) highlighted in blue?
                              Jon

Comment

So is the clipboard showing a copy of the CapiControls (0-100) highlighted in blue?
                                Yes it is, if I click that execute it asks me for a value, which is then passed correctly to the device.

If I click execute on the two below it, either the temp raises .5 degrees or it lowers .5 degrees.

Comment

Working...
                                X