X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is no native way to send TTS to Alexa directly using Homeseer but there are several methods to achieve this. Node Red is one candidate:

For HS4:
    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...-device-status

For HS3:
    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...home-assistant

Jon

Comment

Thanks Jon00. I will check this out.
      HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.258

Comment

I am having an intermittent issue where page "Jon00Alexa.aspx" won't load and, if it does load, where after creating new trigger and hit submit button, the page just grinds away and does not complete the operation. How to troubleshoot? Thanks.
        "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
        "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

It's the age old issue with the Homeseer web-server serving .aspx web pages. It just locks up from time to time and a Homeseer restart is needed. Are you on Windows or Linux?
          Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
            It's the age old issue with the Homeseer web-server serving .aspx web pages. It just locks up from time to time and a Homeseer restart is needed. Are you on Windows or Linux?
            Jon:
            Thanks. I am using Windows 10. If I leave HS3Pro alone for awhile, come back, I can generally load the page, without having to restart HS3.
            "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
            "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

I am creating some VLANs on my network and was wondering if I have the amazon devices on a separate VLAN from my HS3 server, would your alexa helper still work? Does the alexa helper have to access the devices locally?

Comment

It's not if my helper will work rather whether it will work with the Homeseer skill. If that is the case then yes.
                Jon

Comment

OK. If I understand correctly then as long as the HS3 server can access the the Amazon server and the Amazon server can access the individual devices then it would not matter if the HS3 server and the IoT Amazon devices are on separate isolated LANs. Is that correct?

Comment

It's more if MyHS can talk to Homeseer and the Homeseer Home Automation Plugin can talk to Amazon servers.

https://homeseer.com/amazon-alexa-integration/
                    Jon

Comment

Jon, I'm sure that if was feasible you would already done it. I was posting on another threat the possibility to have a an event starting Alexa conversation and then responding with Yes alexa turn off the lights, close the garage and etc. Several people have pointed to your script, although I was already aware of it, I knew you did not have this feature. Would it be possible to integrate it in the plugin?

Comment

No, the Homeseer skill used requires the initial request from you. A fudge but there is nothing to stop you using Homeseer TTS to ask the question to Alexa (in a specific room) and then you providing the response once Alexa has responded to the TTS.
                        Jon

Comment

Jon, a thousand applogies if that has been covered. I have searched but I can't find anything. Can I get Homeseer3 to trigger Alexa to make an announcement. At present I have an IR beam which sets off a zwave alram, but I'm much rather my 3x Alexas said "Gate Alarm triggered". Thank you, Ian

Comment

Originally posted by SgtBilko View Post
                            Jon, a thousand applogies if that has been covered. I have searched but I can't find anything. Can I get Homeseer3 to trigger Alexa to make an announcement. At present I have an IR beam which sets off a zwave alram, but I'm muh rather my 3x Alexas said "Gate Alarm triggered". Thank you, Ian
                            Not with this no...but you can with this: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/3r...r-3-homeseer-4
                            Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post

Not with this no...but you can with this: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/3r...r-3-homeseer-4
                              Thank you, much appreciated

Comment

Just made a donation, should buy you a couple of pints !! I have downloaded other stuff you have done and thought it is about time I thanked you.

Comment

Working...
                                X