X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jon00
    replied
    Thanks very much. Appreciated!

You should be able to do this via the 'Set Capi Value' entry.

If using the GUI for setup, select the volume device from the 'Select Device for Ref/CAPI' drop down. The device ref number will appear in the Ref text box. If CAPI is suitable, you will also see a CAPI drop down with all the possible volume levels etc for that device. Do NOT select anything from this box.

In the 'Set Capi Value' text box, just enter the reference number displayed. Now when you say 'Alexa, tell Homeseer to change the kitchen volume to X', the CAPI control will set the volume to X. Obviously you have to set the Alexa Text to something like 'Kitchen Volume' etc.

Check the docs for 'SetCapiValue' for more info.

Leave a comment:

• Lee_L
    replied
    Jon,
    This is an amazing feature for HS. Thank you for all the time you put in to this and your other scripts. I just sent you a PayPal donation.

I'm a little confused on how I need to go about controlling a volume level for one of my devices. I want to be able to say "Alexa, tell Homeseer to change the kitchen volume to X"

Do I have to have a script to do this? Or, do I use variables in the Alexa text to parse the desired value?

I read Page 5 of your manual related to script parameters, but am still unsure how to accomplish what I'm wanting to do.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    I can't really answer that one. The issue relates to Mono and how it supports .ASPX

Leave a comment:

• Timon
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Originally posted by Timon View Post
    I'm on 5.12.0.226
    Indeed, which is why it is not working.....only that specific version of Mono works.......

Leave a comment:

Working...
X