No announcement yet.

Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper for Homeseer 3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will paste the logs in a note when I get home. I do see messages where the plugin hears Alexa and get a long id string but show the Alexa as "unamed".

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

• If you see the long string than that is correct. You need to read the instructions and assign them 'Friendly names'.
      Jon

Comment

• Cool -- I have it working now -- I had assumed that since I was having trouble getting Alexa to talk to homeseer through the skills that this would also have trouble, but it seems to be working fine, thanks!

Comment

• Hello jon00

Is is possible to say "Alexa tell homeseer good night" at different Alexa devices and have it trigger different events? I'm wanting to say that phrase in either the master bedroom or at one of the downstairs alexa devices but have it perform different actions based on where the command was heard.

I realize I could setup different key words but to make it easier and reduce the number or phrases that one has to remember.
          HS3 3.0.0.500 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.71 with 782 Devices, 479 Events
          Plugin's:
          BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee,
          EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
          weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, Z-Wave 3.0.1.252

Comment

• Originally posted by The Profit View Post
            Hello jon00

Is is possible to say "Alexa tell homeseer good night" at different Alexa devices and have it trigger different events? I'm wanting to say that phrase in either the master bedroom or at one of the downstairs alexa devices but have it perform different actions based on where the command was heard.

I realize I could setup different key words but to make it easier and reduce the number or phrases that one has to remember.
            Yes it's possible. See Jon00Alexa.pdf doc >> Determining Alexa device location.
            Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by The Profit View Post
              Hello jon00

As Mike said
              Jon

Comment

• Originally posted by jon00 View Post

As Mike said
                Great, thanks guys....some reason I was thinking it had to be a different phrase.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                HS3 3.0.0.500 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.71 with 782 Devices, 479 Events
                Plugin's:
                BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee,
                EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, Z-Wave 3.0.1.252

Comment

Working...
                X