X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are no changes to the code between the two versions. The only difference is the introduction of the Alexa locations. I suspect if you use the Homeseer skill rather than your custom skill, it will work as before.
    Jon

Comment

Jon,
      In testing going back with V1, the parameters are passed to the script even with the custom skill. However, the custom skill does not speak the [alexanumstring] parameter - as in "Channel changed to [alexanumstring]". Going with the HomeSeer home automation skill does both.

The latest release does speak [alexanumstring], but doesn't pass the parameter. This being the case in another use case as in when I want to change the temperature of my thermostat. However, in the case of wanting to change the channel, it states "that device was not found" even though in the log, you can see what was heard. The last part confuses me even more.

Would you mind taking a second look please?

Robert
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Can you try placing a # character in the Script Parameter

The difference with your custom skill and the Homeseer skill is the way numbers are decoded:

Homeseer skill:

Change channel to one two zero one

Your custom skill:

change channel to 1201

Whilst I did put support in for both, it may be an issue.

I remember now, I did modify the parameters so you can also try the new method and test script as detailed on page 10 in the docs.
        Jon

Comment

Thanks Jon. It works with the primary trigger fine. In a second use case, I use a primary and response trigger which works like this. Alexa, tell her to turn on the TV. The response is, what channel would you like? I say the number but the response is "that device was not found". I added the # to the response trigger which executes the same script above. It's like it can't find the second script. Reading through the documentation and changing the trigger mode doesn't resolve this issue.

Additionally, is there any way perhaps in the future to disable a wordy response as one thousand two hundred and one? I'd prefer one, two, zero||oh, one. I remember you changed this in V1 a couple of years back.

Robert

P.S. One correction in your documentation page 9 re: Script Parameter - if using a custom skill
          "'If this entry is left blank, the script will always try and parse out any numerical text in Alexa’s voice string and pass this to the parameter as a number.
          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

OK, I'll take another look. On the response trigger, did you specify a second script? Nothing should run if it is not selected?
            Jon

Comment

Yes. Unchanged from before with the exception of # added to ScriptParm.

[ResponseTrigger1]
              AlexaText=a||e||i||o||u
              Name=[ResponseTrigger1]
              ResponseTimeOut=10
              AlexaResponse=Ok changing channel to [alexanumstring]
              ResponseTrigger=1
              Mode=1
              ScriptParm=#
              RunScript=ChgTV_Chan.vb

Thanks again...

Robert

Comment

Hey Jon,
                I sent you a pm a few days back. I was wondering if there is anything in the Echo API that would allow the setting of an echo alarm? When I run my evening 'tell Homeseer it's bed time' to Alexa, all the night shutdown events happen, but I still have to go to my bedroom Echo and set an alarm (I prefer the Echo alarm to an HS Alarm). Is there any 2-way configuration possibility?
                Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mwaite View Post
                  Hey Jon,
                  I sent you a pm a few days back. I was wondering if there is anything in the Echo API that would allow the setting of an echo alarm? When I run my evening 'tell Homeseer it's bed time' to Alexa, all the night shutdown events happen, but I still have to go to my bedroom Echo and set an alarm (I prefer the Echo alarm to an HS Alarm). Is there any 2-way configuration possibility?
                  You sent me a visitor message (not PM) and I did respond!
                  Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post

You sent me a visitor message (not PM) and I did respond!
                    Sorry about that! I didn't get the reply, probably because it was a visitor message? I tried to find it.
                    Mike

Comment

https://forums.homeseer.com/member/3...ge-from-mwaite
                      Jon

Comment

Hi Jon, as always lemme start with a big thanks for what you do.
                        Question: is there a way to allow Alexa to process the received command per normal, and ALSO trigger for HS3 control?
                        The specific current need is for playing music via an Echo connected as a source on the whole-house audio system. I want to allow normal Alexa interaction ("Alexa, please play Queen on House"), and use that phrase to simultaneously trigger an event to set up the music system.
                        thx for any thoughts - m

Comment

You can only use this with the Homeseer Automation skill (Ask/Tell Homeseer.....). If you are using that then all the triggers available (Event/Script/CAPI etc) can be used simultaneously. You cannot mix the HomeSeer SmartHome and Homeseer Automation skills which I think you are asking.
                          Jon

Comment

I think he was hoping that Amazon would process the request AND send it to HS which I assume is NO
                            tenholde

Comment

Originally posted by tenholde View Post
                              I think he was hoping that Amazon would process the request AND send it to HS which I assume is NO
                              When I had the experimental option working (running Chrome in the background) then it was possible. This had to be removed when Amazon went https so no.
                              Jon

Comment

Hi Jon
                                I have been using this plugin and your instructions for creating my own Alexa Skill for over a year now..... big thank you
                                Yesterday Alexa now answers "I'm sorry I don't know that".
                                I have upgraded to the latest version of Homeseer but that didn't help
                                I hope you can point me in the right direction
                                Thank you
                                Ian
                                Last edited by SgtBilko; April 22, 2019, 02:48 AM. Reason: spelling and grammar

Comment

Working...
                                X