• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://81.152.222.23:8087/HS3_Downloads.aspx?Sort=0#Top

tenholde

Comment

Originally posted by Heychristian View Post
      i went to Jon00's website, but i don't see where to download the scripts. could you please provide URL for the script code(s) relevant to Alexa Echo Helper, for having HS have Echo speak from strings. thanks very much, chris
      Did you finally find it?
      Jon

Comment

Yes I was able to download the files, thanks. I will check it out this week.

Comment

I'm working with Respose Triggers for the first time and running into an issue I can't solve.

Once a primary trigger replies with a "?" in the response, I want to make sure the following command is processed by the helper only, and not flow into HS if there is no match in the helper.

I tried setting up a response trigger with ~ for the text to match, as a "catch all", but unfortunately that response trigger always triggers and none of my others with actual text will match and trigger. This ~, catch all trigger was the first response trigger I created.

Are response triggers always processed in the order they are created, or can order of processing be controlled by order of entry in the primary trigger? I tried changing the order in the primary but that didn't seem to help. Also, does the first match always run or is there a weighted comparison based on match mode?

Is there any way I can create a "catch all" response trigger, or otherwise prevent a 2nd command from flowing to HS?

Could it be made that any ~ trigger only runs if there are no other matches?

Much thanks!
          HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
          Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Response triggers are also checked in numeral order. Just reorder your response triggers in the ini file so that your catch-all is last.
            Jon

Comment

Is there anyone who knows how to get the Echo Skill Helper working outside the US?
              I had it working once but so far no luck to get it working again.

http://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hom...homeseer-in-uk

Comment

Use the details here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/3r...08#post1290908
                Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                  Response triggers are also checked in numeral order. Just reorder your response triggers in the ini file so that your catch-all is last.
                  I was hoping I could have 1 catch-all response trigger that I could share across all primary triggers that use response triggers. It sounds like with your suggestion, I would need to edit all of my primary triggers to use the new catch-all ID number after moving it in the ini file. Alternatively, I would need to create a new catch-all trigger after creating all of my other response triggers for any primary trigger that needed a response trigger. Is that correct?
                  HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
                  Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

You can use the same response trigger as a catch all. Save it as a high number (say 999) and then reference that in all your primary triggers that need it.
                    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                      You can use the same response trigger as a catch all. Save it as a high number (say 999) and then reference that in all your primary triggers that need it.
                      Ah, that's brilliant! I didn't know you could jump ahead in sequence like that in the ini file. That should suite my needs perfectly. Thanks!

Comment

I tried editing the ini file to change my catch-all to [ResponseTrigger999], but that didn't work. The plugin did not see the response trigger upon refresh of the page. It seems the [ResponseTrigger#] entries must be sequential. Can you please confirm if that is the case?

Comment

I've just checked the code and you are right, it actually uses the same function as the primary triggers which is sequential only.

You will need to fill the ini file with blank entries for the response triggers, up to a value which you should never reach. Use the following script:

Code:
                          Sub Main (ByVal Parm As String)

Dim Start As Integer = 6
                          Dim Finish As Integer = 100
                          For X As Integer = Start to Finish
                              hs.SaveIniSetting("ResponseTrigger" & X.ToString,"AlexaText","*","Jon00Alexa.ini")
                          Next

End Sub
                          Jon

Comment

Thank you for confirming and for the code snippet. I read something in the documentation that seemed to hint at sequential only being required we wanted to access it via the UI.

[ResponseTrigger1] [ResponseTrigger2]….[ResponseTriggerN]

This defines the response trigger headings to match Alexa voice commands when initiated by an AlexaResponse. Entries MUST be sequential i.e. [ResponseTrigger1], [ResponseTrigger2], [ResponseTrigger3] etc. if you want to use the configuration web page for setup.

Any chance an out of sequence response trigger can still be referenced by number in the primary trigger and still work as expected? I'd like to avoid any unnecessary looping if possible.

Thanks!

Comment

Sorry that is too much work when there is an easy solution to resolve.
                              Jon

Comment

Oh, I wasn't asking you to make any changes. It's just that the end of the documentation snippet that I pasted made me think it was already possible, and the only problem with doing so would be that you couldn't edit it in the configuration web page. Sounds like I misunderstood that part.

This defines the response trigger headings to match Alexa voice commands when initiated by an AlexaResponse. Entries MUST be sequential i.e. [ResponseTrigger1], [ResponseTrigger2], [ResponseTrigger3] etc. if you want to use the configuration web page for setup.

Looking back again, I think that part of the documentation is referring to a section/field on the primary trigger setup page. My bad.

Yeah, I can think of a number of ways to limit the impact of this requirement so no biggie. Thanks for the input!

Comment

Working...
                                X