This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forget this post! I found it.

I will say that I wish that HS3 took care of converting the Echo ID to the friendly name. This assumes that the Alexa Smarthome will also return the AEcho ID,

Wow, 94 pages so I'm going to ask rather than read all of them.

How do you select the Alexa device? I click on the dropdown box to make the selection but it's empty. Is there something one has to do first to get the Alexas to show up?
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
    Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
    3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
    4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
    3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
    SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

Read page 20 in the docs.
      Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
        Read page 20 in the docs.
        Yea, I found it shortly after posting and I should have deleted the post rather than just editing it.

I am still having an issue trying to ignore parts of a word. Example many time I want to use a string similar to the following, "Alexa, ask homeseer to turn on Jims light".

The problem is that Alexa will sometimes use "Jims" and other times use 'Jim's". Now I can put both in but if you have a lot of optional phrases separated by "||" you can end up with a very long line.

I've tried putting "'s" in the ignore section and also trying to use "Alexa, ask homeseer to turn on Jim* light" but neither of these will solve the issue. Is there any other way to do it?
        Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Comment

Why can't you just use 'jim' which should match on both?
          Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
            Why can't you just use 'jim' which should match on both?
            That's what I thought as well in that if Alexa added a "'s" to any word it would be stripped. Let me do some more testing. There have been times when I thought alexia added an "'s" and it didn't match. It's too far back ini the logs to find right now but I'll keep amnestying eye out.

I haven't used the plugin for a long time as I was waiting for Alexa device ID and busy doing a lot of other stuff. The last time I did to get a custom response you had to do a separate trigger for dimming, on, off and last. Do you still have to do this or is there a way to put ini all in one trigger and including dimming limits?

Comment

Originally posted by Timon View Post

I haven't used the plugin for a long time as I was waiting for Alexa device ID and busy doing a lot of other stuff. The last time I did to get a custom response you had to do a separate trigger for dimming, on, off and last. Do you still have to do this or is there a way to put ini all in one trigger and including dimming limits?
              They need to be separate....
              Jon

Comment

I am just road testing the HS beta. I have not converted my Alexa account over to HS4 yet and probably will not for a while. Will the Alexa helper work with HS4 in the future ?

Comment

As HS4 is built on HS3, I see no reason why not.
                  Jon

Comment

Hi,

I have a relatively lengthy script that sometimes reports the following error when launched via this helper:

Running script MediaControl-voice.vb :Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.->Does entry point Main exist in script? at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Obj ect obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) at Scheduler.clsRunVBNetScript.ExecuteScript()
                    This error doesn't always happen. In fact, rarely. I can issue the exact same command twice. One will fail with the above error, the 2nd attempt will succeed, so it doesn't seem to be an error in the code path.

Sometimes when the above error happens, I get the following error on all subsequent voice commands until I restart HS3.

Not running script since its already running: check_vcmd2.vb Single instance option enabled in event properties
                    Could this have anything to do with the length of my script? It's currently about 700 lines. Any other possibilities?

Is there anything I can do to force quite a running check_vcmd2.vb when I get this 2nd error so that I don't need to restart HS?

Thanks!
                    HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
                    Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

The error about missing Main entry point is misleading, seen often from HS when an error occurs in a script. The real error could be anywhere in your script.
                      tenholde

Comment

You really need to identify the error in your script. Make sure you have an overall Try/Catch/End Try and ensure that catched errors still return something from your function.
                        Jon

Comment

Thank you for your replies. I will proceed with adding try/catch/end and further debugging my script. I'm just puzzled that the exact same command (which are input parameters to the script) can first fail and then succeed immediately after. Stranger things have happened I suppose. Thanks again!
                          HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
                          Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Any chance this can or will be modified/updated to not require "Ask Homeseer to...?" I need this script in order to run events via Alexa. Trying to teach the spouse when to use "Ask Homeseer..." for this functionality and not required for device control would be a non-starter.

Also, will it work on a Zee2 (it's a PI3B)?

Thanks for the great work!

Comment

No, you have to use the "Ask Homeseer" skill to push the text spoken to Homeseer.

Yes it will work on any flavor of Homeseer.
                              Jon

Comment

Anyone able to get a light to dim using Set CAPI Value (from parsed #)? I get the proper response and the log shows the correct number parsed but no CAPI command issued.
                                I've tried 10,+10,+90 as well as 10,+10,+90,dim as well as 10,+10,+90,brightness (saw a previous post suggesting using dim or brightness at the end. The light dimmer works with the native Tell Homeseer command outside of the jon00 Alexa helper so I'm sure I'm entering something incorrectly. Triggers for on / off commands work fine (using the CAPI Control field). Log shows:
                                Jon00_Alexa Script processing time: 544 ms
                                Apr-29 6:40:19 PM Jon00_Alexa Response sent to Alexa: 'OK. Setting Breakfast Nook Light.'
                                Apr-29 6:40:19 PM Jon00_Alexa Successful trigger under [Trigger3]
                                Apr-29 6:40:19 PM Jon00_Alexa Integer Parsed (from string): 50
                                Apr-29 6:40:19 PM Jon00_Alexa Alexa Number String: fifty
                                Apr-29 6:40:19 PM Jon00_Alexa Parsed Date & Time (hour/min Extraction):
                                Apr-29 6:40:19 PM Jon00_Alexa Alexa Source: 'Amazon'
                                Apr-29 6:40:19 PM Jon00_Alexa Alexa Device Name: 'Undefined'
                                Apr-29 6:40:19 PM Jon00_Alexa Alexa Device ID: deleted this
                                Apr-29 6:40:19 PM Jon00_Alexa Alexa command heard: 'dim breakfast light to fifty percent'

Comment

Working...
                                X