X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

test.aspx only works when not running as a service.

Comment

I think you have found the problem then!
      Jon

Comment

Problem with "Standalone" devices

This utility works brilliantly, it allowed me to group all my virtual devices.

One small issue I found is if the device's relationship status is set "standalone" you can't remove the association and homeseer gets very confused if you try and associate it (you see it twice in the device list).

Could you provide a way to remove the standalone relationship status, or at least be able to change it to child so I can group these devices?

A typical device in this state is an Insteon one.

Comment

Try creating a temporary device and then associate that as the parent with the problem device as a child. Then delete the device relationship for the temporary/parent through the utility. Does that resolve the issue?
          Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
            Try creating a temporary device and then associate that as the parent with the problem device as a child. Then delete the device relationship for the temporary/parent through the utility. Does that resolve the issue?
            It does not seem to, the problem device still shows as standalone and associated with the parent even through the parent no longer shows the standalone device.

If I delete the temp device, this clears the association. Also if I delete the problem device it clears it too but painful since all my events get messed up.

Comment

There appears to be a problem with associations at the moment: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=174957

Maybe best to wait until this is sorted.
              Jon

Comment

i've always wondered why we weren't able to set device grouping. Do you have any insight as to why this ability isn't provided in the native homeseer program?

Not knocking your script, just curious as why this isn't something that is standard, and what, if any side effects i might encounter doing this. I guess it seems like such a no-brainer that you should be able to do this anyway by default, there has to be a reason not to?

Comment

Thanks, I'll keep watching that thread...

Comment

Originally posted by ORNVM View Post
                    i've always wondered why we weren't able to set device grouping. Do you have any insight as to why this ability isn't provided in the native homeseer program?

Not knocking your script, just curious as why this isn't something that is standard, and what, if any side effects i might encounter doing this. I guess it seems like such a no-brainer that you should be able to do this anyway by default, there has to be a reason not to?
                    I have no idea. A question for the HST team?

The utility was really designed for setting devices without parent/child relationships. If a plugin provides grouping then there is no reason to change.

If things go wrong, you may get strange grouping displays on the device management page, however functionality will not be affected.
                    Jon

Comment

Hi Jon,

Does this work on Linux as well ?
                      I'm getting
                      Code:
                      System.Web.Compilation.CompilationException
                      VBNC30451: Could not resolve the name 'Type'

Description: Error compiling a resource required to service this request. Review your source file and modify it to fix this error.
                      Details: VBNC30451: Could not resolve the name 'Type'
                      Error origin: Compiler
                      Error source file: ~/Global.asax
                      Exception stack trace:
                        at System.Web.Compilation.AssemblyBuilder.BuildAssembly (System.Web.VirtualPath virtualPath, System.CodeDom.Compiler.CompilerParameters options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
                        at System.Web.Compilation.AssemblyBuilder.BuildAssembly (System.Web.VirtualPath virtualPath) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
                        at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GenerateAssembly (System.Web.Compilation.AssemblyBuilder abuilder, System.Web.Compilation.BuildProviderGroup group, System.Web.VirtualPath vp, Boolean debug) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
                        at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.BuildInner (System.Web.VirtualPath vp, Boolean debug) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Comment

It has never been tested on Linux. Unfortunately I have no Linux installations at the moment to test.
                        Jon

Comment

Damn ... you got quite an extensive list of neat plugins, but I recently switched to running HS3 on a RPI :-(

Comment

I've been thinking on going to Linux as well - but stuff like this keeps me on Windows.. No fault to great developers like Jon. It's just too hard to manage across both platforms IMO.
                            HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by kriz83 View Post
                              Damn ... you got quite an extensive list of neat plugins, but I recently switched to running HS3 on a RPI :-(
                              FYI, I just tried this on Ubuntu 14.04 and HS3 Ver 3.0.0.206 and seems to work fine here without error.
                              Jon

Comment

I am not able to ungroup devices with this utility.

Comment

Working...
                                X