X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the moment I'm at a loss. I cannot see how this could be happening.
    Jon

Comment

Most likely I f*cked something up last week.

Tomorrow I will reload a backup and start from scratch. Let's see at what moment (if) it goes wrong again.

Thanks for the help and I will report back , 🙈

Cornelis

Comment

Originally posted by Corvl1 View Post
        Most likely I f*cked something up last week.

Tomorrow I will reload a backup and start from scratch. Let's see at what moment (if) it goes wrong again.

Thanks for the help and I will report back , 🙈

Cornelis
        One other thing you can try.

The Config/hstilebackup folder contains all your ini file backups for the last 30 days.

For example, the sub folder '10' will contain the ini files for the 10th of this month. Just copy over the entire contents to your config folder and then restart Homeseer. You will then be using your config for that date.
        Jon

Comment

I overwrote all ini files from the backup folder from about 3 weeks ago , this did not change thing , although I saw that the pages were still the initial/old layout etc , I could not edit them and also toggling tiles/switches did not work.

I did notice however these 3 files , which were not there 3 weeks ago (+ another jon00hstile0. data file):
          Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-03-20 09_40_48-Home automation Heubergau - AnyDesk.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	2.9 KB
ID:	1599350

I probably created these with a typo , since I do most of the editing remotely when I am not at home and the sometimes the connection lags.
          I deleted these 3 files , but also this didn't change anything.

Inserted a backup from 4 weeks ago , where I freshly installed your plugin.
          copied from the backup folder from a week ago pages 1 till 5 back in the current homeseer folder.

All is working fine now , HS4 cpu does not spike , very quick response on everything I do on a page.

No clue where it all went t*ts up, unless it has to do with page0

Thanks,
          Cornelis

Comment

Nothing to do with Page 0 but no idea what happened to your setup. Anyway all good again!
            Jon

Comment

Back to square one ...... I don't get it....

I haven't done anything with HSstiles since day before yesterday and it was all very fast.
              Now suddenly it is very slow again . I inserted a "executiontime" , it shows this with:
              Click image for larger version  Name:	2_1000_100.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.1 KB ID:	1599838
              UseQueue=2
              QueueDuration=1000
              QueueMinDuration=100​

Click image for larger version  Name:	2_5000_1000.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.6 KB ID:	1599839

UseQueue=2
              QueueDuration=5000
              QueueMinDuration=1000

I disabled HSbuddy and imperihome , and also this didn't make a difference.
              No other tablets are on , they are all shutdown. (this only page is the only one open)
              the device reacts immediately , but the tablet takes about 7 seconds to update to the correct status.

any ideas ?

Comment

There is no way it should take that long. If you restored a backup from a few weeks ago, did you change the queue settings since then?

If you select another page, is that also slow?

What is displayed on the page in question. How many tiles/labels?

PM me your Jon00HSTileX.ini and Jon00HSTileDataX.ini for that page so I can look at it here.

Jon

Comment

But now I found something.
                  Restarting Homeseer makes no difference, but I just restarted the whole computer:

Name:	2023-03-22 18_14_31-Home automation Heubergau - AnyDesk.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	5.0 KB
ID:	1599843

and now it works very good again.

With the higher 7000 ms , the CPU spiked to 70-80% , (only on hs4)
                  Now after the restart , HS4 remains steady at around 2-3%

any idea how I can troubleshoot this?​

Comment

Originally posted by Corvl1 View Post
                    But now I found something.
                    Restarting Homeseer makes no difference, but I just restarted the whole computer:

Name:	2023-03-22 18_14_31-Home automation Heubergau - AnyDesk.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	5.0 KB
ID:	1599843

and now it works very good again.

With the higher 7000 ms , the CPU spiked to 70-80% , (only on hs4)
                    Now after the restart , HS4 remains steady at around 2-3%

any idea how I can troubleshoot this?​
                    Most odd. Perhaps look at Windows Defender, Anti-Virus etc first.
                    Jon

Comment

All looks fine to be honoust. will do a good anti virus scan . I will continue with this issue in this thread , since I don't think it has to do with hstile.

Thanks,
                      ​Cornelis

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                        No idea what that could be.

Are you scaling the page via the URL?

i.e. /jon00hstile.ash?p=1&scale=80pc

Have you tried Fully Kiosk Browser to see if that also scales incorrectly after a period of time?

(BTW - Nice work on the layout!)
                        No , I am not scaling , I did try today , to set it at 95pc , which worked , but suddenly the page scaled down again after a couple of hours (fully kiosk).

For example the tablet was on for the whole afternoon , and suddenly without any interaction I saw the screen going to about 75% .

This is the same on wallpanel , but also with fully kiosk. ( to be sure I reset the tablet to factory as well)

Can it have anything to do with chrome , where I edit the pages with? , when the screen in Chrome is scaled? , although when this just now happened , I was not doing anything on a computer or tablet.

Thanks,
                        Cornelis

Comment

It must be your tablets. All HSTile pages are set to a fixed X & Y pixel size and without scaling added, will never change.

If HSTile was altering the page, then you would see the effect on both the PC and the tablet when displaying the same page.

I would look at the display size settings on your tablet.

Jon

Comment

All 3 tablets are the same ( Samsung galaxy tab A SM-T580). And all 3 have been factory reset.
                            installed: tasker, fully kiosk , pushover, secure settings.

This is what fit on the screen:

Name:	2023-03-23 20_14_30-192.168.68.20_88_jon00hstilesetup.asp_p=1.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	1600053
                            the specs say the resolution is 1900x1200 .

When I inserted 1900x1200 that didn't fit on the screen 🤷‍♂️

There is nothing set in the settings or changed concerning the display on the tablet , all standard with the factory reset.

I just observed it again: I toggled a switch , and the page went all wierd sizes, tiles everywhere for a fraction of a second , than about 75% of the screen was filled.
                            I have now set a "refresh" of 600 seconds in the global settings and with that, the screen scaled again to full screen.

Can it have something to do with the Iframes and the camera which is shown in the Iframe , since in that fraction of a second I saw some resizing on/in the Iframe as well.

This is the Iframe:
                            [iframe http://192.xxx.xx.xx:xx/cam1.htm,386,217,0]

This is in the "other settings"

Name:	2023-03-23 20_26_53-192.168.68.20_88_jon00hstilesetup.asp_p=1.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	1600054

Thanks,
                            Cornelis

Comment

No, nothing to do with iframes. If the page is resized, the iframe would too.

First thing, you were playing with HSTile scaling settings. I assume you reset this back to 100pc?

If the resolution of the tablet is 1920 x 1200 then setting HSTile to that resolution must fit the page in a browser when in full screen mode ...something must be wrong with your display settings.

If you just use Chrome browser on the tablet without FKB, does that do the same?

Did you see this issue on your PC browser when you toggled this same switch?

Jon

Comment

Corvl1 The resolution on a SM-T580 is 1920x1080 according to Samsung. Try setting your canvas to that as well.
                                "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Working...
                                X