X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have set the canvas at 1920x1080 , this is how that looks on my desktop , the tile right bottom is not shown on the tablet now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-03-24 08_53_31-Jon00 HSTile - Version 1.1.14.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	1600114

What I did try though , is to set the display to small ( standard from the factory it is set 1 setting higher) , let's see if that makes a difference.

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2023-03-24 at 08.57.02.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	1600115

Comment

Nope ,

Was just gone for an hour , when I came back , the screen was again scaled to about 75% .

No clue what can be wrong.

Comment

You did not answer any of my previous questions....

I would also disable tasker for a test.
        Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
          You did not answer any of my previous questions....

I would also disable tasker for a test.
          Working on it:

If you just use Chrome browser on the tablet without FKB, does that do the same?
          that will be the next step.

Did you see this issue on your PC browser when you toggled this same switch?
          The desktop was off at that moment , and as soon as I load a page it is the normall size.

First thing, you were playing with HSTile scaling settings. I assume you reset this back to 100pc?
          There is now "&scale=100pc" (, the "&scale=1" didn't seem to work)

Comment

Just now I tried with "chrome > add to homescreen.
            When the page is opened , it is now immediately set to the "smaller screen".

I added a tile for in the right bottom to see the boundary. which is shown on chrome.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	WhatsApp Image 2023-03-24 at 12.13.27.jpg Views:	0 Size:	61.2 KB ID:	1600128

but when I open the page in fully kiosk or wallpanel , the tile in the corner is not shown. (untill after some time the screen suddenly goes smaller)
            Click image for larger version  Name:	WhatsApp Image 2023-03-24 at 12.15.54.jpg Views:	0 Size:	81.6 KB ID:	1600129
            same page , no scaling.

Tasker is disabled.

Comment

Ok, to ensure it is nothing to do with HSTile scaling, open up Jon00HSTileDataX.ini (where X is the page number), and search for:

[Scale]

Delete everything under this section and save. Then reload the page.

If that resolves the issue, you must have been playing with scaling in FKB/Wallpanel beforehand.
              Jon

Comment

This was in the file

Code:
                192.168.68.102fari/537.36=100%
                192.168.68.113fari/537.36=1
                I haven't deleted it yet , that will be in the next test. But one thing I just noticed;
                This test tile in the bottom right corner is still there (seen in post #1565), although fullykiosk show the "100pc" screen size.
                It shows now the screen like this:

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2023-03-24 at 12.15.54.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	1600134
                AND it has not resized in the last 45 minutes.

If putting an empty tile somewhere in a far away corner out of view is a solution , I will take it.
                Can it be that these 2 apps (wallpanel and fully kiosk) automatically scales as big as possible after a page refresh , and after a certain time , scales back to the correct size as set in hstiles?

Thanks

Comment

Perhaps it does?

https://www.reddit.com/r/homeassista...ge_zoom_level/

Jon

Comment

Also look here: https://help.infogrid.io/en/articles...ode-on-tablets
                    Jon

Comment

It looks like it is behaving as it should be now . the "show as mobile device" did the trick ( I think).

I had to scale all pages with these new settings to 132pc , otherwise it didn't fill the screen. All looks fine. But is it better to recreate all pages so it fits with 100pc? Or doesn't make this any difference (for performance or future changes).

Thanks for all the help!

Cornelis

Comment

Good to hear.

Scaling makes no difference to performance (it is a browser function) but obviously you will get the sharpest display if you keep at 100% and match the device pixel resolution.
                        Jon

Comment

I found a setting in Fully Kiosk Browser that may give a clue as to why this is happening. Under Settings->Web Zoom and Scaling, Use Wide Viewport. If I enable that setting on a tablet that is 1920x1080, my native resolution pages get "zoomed in" and I can barely see 1/4 of the screen. This seems to be similar to Corvl1 having to use 979x612 on a 1920x1080 resolution tablet.

On another tablet that has a resolution of 1280x800, I enabled that setting and used a page with a lower Canvas setting of 1024x600, and it scaled to fit the page perfectly. If I turn off that setting, the page displays at it's native resolution, which appears to match the 75% that Corvl1 is seeing as well.

I re-enabled the setting on the second tablet, and again it scaled perfectly. I'm going to let it soak for several hours to see if it reverts the scaling back to the 1024x600 canvas resolution.
                          "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Interesting and good to know. I've never encountered this before so did not know these issues existed.
                            Jon

Comment

kenm Cool , that seems indeed to make a big difference. Many thanks!

Although I can't set the canvas (1445-900) as the same as the screensize (1920x1080). If I sent the canvas to the resolution as in the specs , it doesn't fit , although with the settings "Web Zoom and Scaling" it fits again.

jon00 :
                              but obviously you will get the sharpest display if you keep at 100% and match the device pixel resolution.
                              I have now set the canvas to 1445 x900 and will make the pages again.

jon00 :
                              There is no way it should take that long (post #1559)
                              Concerning the slow loading of the tablets and the cpu spikes, that seems to be resolved. Update of windows 10 and homeseer sorted it out.

Thanks a lot!!

Cornelis

Comment

There are a number of settings in Web Zoom and Scaling I'm experimenting with in FKB:
                                • Enable Zoom – allow zooming (in if the website supports)
                                • Load in Overview Mode – load website downscaled to device width (useful for older websites)
                                • Use Wide Viewport – pay attention to the viewport meta tag of the web page
                                • Initial Scale – set initial scale in %, useful for older websites, only enabled if Use Wide Viewport is off, otherwise viewport meta tag overrides
                                • Set Font Size – set font scaling in % (default: 100%)
                                • View in Desktop Mode – try presenting websites in desktop view instead of mobile view
                                ​Since that's the extent of the documentation for these settings, I've reached out to Fully to see if I can get more information.

I've also loaded WallPanel on a Samsung Galaxy View (1920x1080) and my test page for that resolution is terribly zoomed in and the fonts are much larger than I'd expect them to be. I haven't looked at the settings for WallPanel yet.
                                "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Working...
                                X