This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
    I'm not at my PC at the moment but under the homeseer setup settings it has an option to run and define the startup script. Make sure that this runs.
    ok I think I found it, and it says Startup.vb which is what I edited:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 7.17.11 PM.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	1492659

Comment

I see your discussion about the startup.vb script. If you want to have a play with this whilst you sort that out, just create a manual event to run the script Jon00HSTile.vben with its sub/function set to ‘Startup’. Provided you see the Ready message, it should work ok.
      Jon

Comment

I have being using HSTile for a week or so. Great tool! Love the scaling aspect, small databases for charting and a bunch of other nice options. Well done.

Here is hopefully some input into future releases for consideration and Dev time availability of course! Some of these were mentioned in this thread previously.

Feature
        1. Ability to group or container a set of tiles/labels for fast repositioning, changes or deletes. Probably need to sort out the last in 1st out sequence when deleting a group of objects.
        2. Expose the Name tag in the Tile Setup editor panels
        3. Have an Undo button in the editor for when you click -L or -T without realizing you clicked the wrong one!
        4. In the editor tool page dropdown selector (green coloured one), if possible, show the Page # and Page Name
          IE - Current Page 4 , suggest Page 4 - [PageName] which is consistent with the Tile Setup editor
        5. Rename Page or other objects in the editor
        6. iframe pulling an external graphics... I happen to use a GEOS image similar to your example but the picture is fixed 1024x1024. There seems to be no ability to just use a portion or crop to focus on my area. Without an external processor, would there a way to resize or crop with an HSTile [iframe] option?
        Defect
        1. Minor - When working on two screens - Selecting a dropdown in the editor (screen 2) will pop-up the dropdown on the other screen (screen 1). This is with all dropdowns I have noticed but not consistently reproduceable. If I notice a specific step or pattern, I will update.

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks.

No plans to work on updates until later in the year but No 1 will not happen as that would require a complete rewrite.

Also not sure what you mean by No 2?

Regarding No 6, There have been some html coding tricks in the past that allowed positioning of a page within an iframe but when I tried it last did not work.
          Jon

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply.

On No 2 clarification... Easier in pictures...

Page Name is available but this option is not available for a Tile/Label

Name:	Capture01 - Copy.PNG
Views:	229
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	1495933
            There is no option available to Name a Label or Tile

Name:	Capture02 - Copy.PNG
Views:	228
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	1495934
            Editing the tile ini file and adding a Name= provides an identification tag for the Tile/Label. this cannot be done through the interface that I have found.

Name:	Capture03 - Copy.PNG
Views:	222
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	1495935

Name:	Capture04 - Copy.PNG
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	1495936
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MikeO3 View Post
              Thanks for the quick reply.

On No 2 clarification... Easier in pictures...

Page Name is available but this option is not available for a Tile/Label

Name:	Capture01 - Copy.PNG
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	1495933
              There is no option available to Name a Label or Tile

Name:	Capture02 - Copy.PNG
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	1495934
              Editing the tile ini file and adding a Name= provides an identification tag for the Tile/Label. this cannot be done through the interface that I have found.

Name:	Capture03 - Copy.PNG
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	1495935

Name:	Capture04 - Copy.PNG
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	1495936
              You do that under "Other Settings"

Name:	Capture.PNG
Size:	6.1 KB
ID:	1495938
              Jon

Comment

🙃 I have scrolled past that hundreds of times...

Comment

Originally posted by MikeO3 View Post
                  🙃 I have scrolled past that hundreds of times...
                  Well that's one thing ticked off the list!

For number 3, rather than an undo button, I've added a popup confirmation.

Size:	9.4 KB
ID:	1496008

For number 4, that has been added and I've also added the name (if configured) to the tile and label copy drop downs.

No other work will be done on the other suggestions.

Will be available on the next update.
                  Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post

Well that's one thing ticked off the list!

For number 3, rather than an undo button, I've added a popup confirmation.

Size:	9.4 KB
ID:	1496008

For number 4, that has been added and I've also added the name (if configured) to the tile and label copy drop downs.

No other work will be done on the other suggestions.

Will be available on the next update.
                    Thank you so much for considering and implementing!

Comment

V1.0.30 is now available

Changes since V1.0.29:

Added popup yes/no on the editor when selecting -T or -L (remove last tile or label)
                      Added tile name (if configured) to the Tile Copy drop-down on the editor.
                      Added label name (if configured) to the Label Copy drop-down on the editor.
                      Added page name (if configured) to the Select page drop-down on the editor.
                      Updated tool-tip for the command line tile/label/page copy function.

Jon

Comment

This is a dumb set of newbie questions I'm sure, but I can't seem to figure it out:
                        1) how do I delete a tile - not the very last tile I placed, but just any tile on my screen, how to delete it?
                        2) I am trying to make a simple tile with 1 button to toggle a light. The tile has 5 rows. I'm only using one; how do I get rid of the other four?
                        3) I put the device ID in the first row of a toggle tile, and it shows the right device name in the tile, fine. But clicking the button icon doesn't seem to do anything.
                        thanks in advance!

Comment

1) You cannot delete a tile or label. You just disable it in the setup page (other settings at the bottom). You can reinstate this if you want to add another tile later on.
                          2) The rows are invisible in normal use so you can use any row. If you just want one button, its best to use row 3.
                          3) If you have copied a toggle tile from the preset, you need to change the reference on all tags in the 5 rows. Each tag has a purpose such as displaying the name, displaying the icon, control etc.
                          Jon

Comment

ok so if I put the toggle I want in row 3, what do I put in the other rows - right now I see an extra line (Check Ref!), and the button doesn't work. My device is #193.

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-09-18 at 6.31.49 AM.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	1496902Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-09-18 at 6.32.03 AM.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	1496903

Comment

It may be best if you go to the documentation and look at the tag index towards the end.

You will see titles at the top like Action Tags, Action Tags (invisible) etc.

A tag under the Action tags (invisible) are not shown on the tile or label. They just need to be placed in any of the 5 rows to work. In your case [tiletogglebylabel 193,off,on] you seem to have it twice (row 2 and row 3) so remove one and it should work. This is the tag that actually toggles the light on and off.

In Row 1 you have [devicename 193] which is in the top row of the tile. This will show the device name "Mike's Office"

You have not shown Tile Row 4 or Tile Row 5 but they should be [deviceimage 193] ( which shows the device image and its current state) and [devicelabel 193] which shows the device label (On or Off etc)

These are all positioned as per the tile row structure so if you placed [devicename 193] in row 5 and [deviceimage 193] in row 1, the image would be at the top of the tile and the and the name would be at the bottom. Rows that are not used to display something are just collapsed in normal use.

Jon

Comment

aha, that's much better, thanks!. And is there an easy way to get a tile with some sort of weather content, for a given region?

Comment

Working...
                                X