This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Request: Always Show Tile Borders when in "E" Edit mode

Without seeing the code, I have no idea how difficult this might be so feel free to say NO.

I use a lot of [imageevent] tags in tiles that have the border set to 0px. When in "E" mode, it is a challenge to position tiles since there's no border on these tiles. Would it be possible to save off the border state for the tiles on a page when going into Edit mode, set all borders to 1px white, and then restore saved state when exiting Edit mode?

Again, feel free to tell me NO.
    "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Originally posted by kenm View Post
      I like it. Great idea!

Comment

Without seeing the code, I have no idea how difficult this might be so feel free to say NO.

I use a lot of [imageevent] tags in tiles that have the border set to 0px. When in "E" mode, it is a challenge to position tiles since there's no border on these tiles. Would it be possible to save off the border state for the tiles on a page when going into Edit mode, set all borders to 1px white, and then restore saved state when exiting Edit mode?

Again, feel free to tell me NO.
        No problem, great idea. 10 second job to add the border style in that mode. Will be in the next version. Going to set the color to silver (same as the text) so it shows both on black/white backgrounds.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.png Views:	0 Size:	119.4 KB ID:	1595267
        Jon

Comment

Outstanding. Thank you Jon!
          "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

I'll provide the update tomorrow.
            Jon

Comment

Version 1.1.15 is now available.

Changes since V1.1.14

Added [labelhidelablemd] , [labelhidetilemd] , [labelshowlabelmd] , [labelshowtilemd] , [tilehidelabelmd] , [tilehidetilemd] , [tileshowlabelmd] & [tileshowtilemd] tags. These onmousedown tags also have an optional timeout parameter to reverse the action after xxx milliseconds. Example, show a tile when pressed down and then auto hide it again in 20 seconds.

Applications for these timed actions include:

Showing a camera image for a period of time.
              Showing a Keypad for a period of time.
              Showing extra information on the page when requested without the need to close it again.

Added optional mode parameter (use onclick(default) or onmouseup) to these tags: [tileshowtile] , [tilehidetile] , [tileshowlabel] , [tilehidelabel] , [labelshowtile] , [labelhidetile] , [labelshowlabel] , [labelhidelabel]

Application for this optional parameter allow you to show a tile/label when held down and hide again when released (example in the docs).

Feature request: When in Edit mode (Move /Resize – No Content), tiles and labels now always show a 1px silver border.
              Jon

Comment

Thanks again Jon for the fast turnaround on 1.1.15. The Edit mode border works great.

I wanted ot give you an update on my NSPanel Pro and rather than taking over the other thread I thought I'd post here. It took them a little while to get back to me but ITEAD did agree to replace my failing unit. In fact, it doesn't even seem like they want the failing one back. Might have been the fact that I ordered a second one as well.

Now on to my current task. I've been wallowing in Adobe Fireworks (maybe frolicking is a better word) and I'm trying to come up with some custom buttons. Right now I have a button that looks like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	button_template.png
Views:	142
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	1595895

My thought is to have the button/shadow be one image, the text be another, and the indicator be a third. I'd also like to have a visual indication that the button was pressed along the lines of HSTouch pressed/unpressed but I'm not even sure if that's possible.

For now I'm just trying to work out the stacking of the images. Should I do this with 2 tiles, put the button/shadow on a tile background, the text as an [imageevent], and the indicator as another tile? I should also mention that I want the indicator to track the status of an HS device.

Any guidance would be much appreciated. ​

Comment

With the [imageevent] tag (and others), you do have the option to show the status graphic of a device and use the 'imagereplace' method.

This allows you to change say your standard HS device on/off images to your new on/off button images (one with a red led for on?). That way, you don't need an extra tile to show the on/off status led. See page 139 in the docs.

At the moment, there is no way to swap images to get the effect you are looking for but I have an idea which is easy to implement.

I'll add a new tile tag called [tileopacitymd] which you can set the opacity levels of the tile contents when pressed down and released. That way you can place one tile over another tile to show the tile behind when the top tile is pressed. If you set the top tile opacity to 100% (mouse released) then it will hide the tile behind. Setting the mouse down opacity to say 0-50% would allow the tile behind to show when the top tile is pressed down.

Just use an [image] tag in the bottom tile to show your button with shadow (pressed effect) and the [imageevent] & [tileopacitymd] tags on the top tile. You just need to align them correctly.

Sound any good?

Jon

Comment

That sounds great. Let me know if you want me to beta test anything.

Thanks.

Comment

What would be the easiest way to navigate back to the previous page?

I have several walltablets , each tablet has it's own main page.
                      Alexa is setup to change all walltablet to a specific page via an event. After for example 5 minutes I would like all walltablets to it's previous screen. This via an event. But also the option to press a button on the walltablet to switch back.
                      Offcourse I can set up a tile per screen,
                      But is there an TAG like
                      [imageurl previous or last

Thanks,
                      Cornelis​

Comment

Originally posted by Corvl1 View Post
                        What would be the easiest way to navigate back to the previous page?

I have several walltablets , each tablet has it's own main page.
                        Alexa is setup to change all walltablet to a specific page via an event. After for example 5 minutes I would like all walltablets to it's previous screen. This via an event. But also the option to press a button on the walltablet to switch back.
                        Offcourse I can set up a tile per screen,
                        But is there an TAG like
                        [imageurl previous or last

Thanks,
                        Cornelis​
                        Yes I should be able to do something. Rather than using a page number in the URL (i.e. ?p=2), I could add a constant which gets replaced with the last page number (i.e ?p=#LP# ) That way it will support all URL tags without change. Doing so via an event should also be possible using a similar method in the script parameters.
                        Jon

Comment

Thanks again Jon for the fast turnaround on 1.1.15. The Edit mode border works great.

I wanted ot give you an update on my NSPanel Pro and rather than taking over the other thread I thought I'd post here. It took them a little while to get back to me but ITEAD did agree to replace my failing unit. In fact, it doesn't even seem like they want the failing one back. Might have been the fact that I ordered a second one as well.

Now on to my current task. I've been wallowing in Adobe Fireworks (maybe frolicking is a better word) and I'm trying to come up with some custom buttons. Right now I have a button that looks like this:

Name:	button_template.png
Views:	142
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	1595895

My thought is to have the button/shadow be one image, the text be another, and the indicator be a third. I'd also like to have a visual indication that the button was pressed along the lines of HSTouch pressed/unpressed but I'm not even sure if that's possible.

For now I'm just trying to work out the stacking of the images. Should I do this with 2 tiles, put the button/shadow on a tile background, the text as an [imageevent], and the indicator as another tile? I should also mention that I want the indicator to track the status of an HS device.

Any guidance would be much appreciated. ​
                          OK added [tileopacitymd] and [labelopacitymd] tags

I've improved my idea by adding additional parameters to set a background image on both mouse down and mouse up.

[tileopacitymd {opacity value released},{opacity value pressed},{background image url released}, {background image url pressed}, {optional size setting}]

The image is always centered in the tile which means you can add text exactly in the middle of the image without extra tiles.

You can also use status graphics if you wish.

Name:	Capture.png
Views:	114
Size:	3.8 KB
ID:	1595994

I need to sort out Cornelis​ request above first as well but should be available tomorrow or Saturday.
                          Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post

Yes I should be able to do something. Rather than using a page number in the URL (i.e. ?p=2), I could add a constant which gets replaced with the last page number (i.e ?p=#LP# ) That way it will support all URL tags without change. Doing so via an event should also be possible using a similar method in the script parameters.
                            That would be very nice and useful.

Thanks,
                            Cornelis

Comment

Corvl1 and kenm

I've sent you a PM with a link to V1.1.16 (pre-release). Please let me know how it goes before I publish for all.....
                              Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                                Corvl1 and kenm

I've sent you a PM with a link to V1.1.16 (pre-release). Please let me know how it goes before I publish for all.....
                                Thanks Jon. Looking at it now.

Comment

Working...
                                X