X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It should work. What is shown on the Address column on the Device Management Page? Does it also have a code assigned to it (check the device configuration page i.e. click on the name link for the device).
    Jon

Comment

The device did not have an address so I just added "a001" - and now I can refer to the device as either [device,176] or [device,a001] but [device,"test1"], [device,"test test1"] both fail. I did not have a code assigned (you mean the old x10 codes?). I added A1 to the device which hasn't changed anything.
      Attached Files

Comment

If it does not have an address, you will have to use its reference number. Any reason why you are trying to avoid using it?
        Jon

Comment

JSON not working?

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
          That's coincidence! I added JSON command control to Web page builder over the weekend. I have not had time to update the docs or package this up yet.
          Hi all,

I'm trying to use JSON to switch a device, but it doesn't work. I use this code in my ini file:

Column2Section1-7Middle=[button,bureaulamp,JSON1] [button,JSON 2,JSON2] [button,JSON 3,JSON3]

JSON1=/JSON?request=controldevicebylabel&ref=685&label=OFF

Do I use correct syntax? Other items like Event and display status do work like a charm.

regards, Luuc

Comment

It looks correct to me. I've just tried it here using the same JSON command (with different device reference number) and it is working fine here.

You do have JSON enabled?
            Jon

Comment

Jon,

I guess someone else asked the same before, but I think I need some help here. I am sure it is not an issue with the webpage builder, as this is working fine really. I am playing with your webbuilder and am getting close to a nice set of pages. I am trying to set this set to the startup page for HomeSeer.

It works fine when I press the "Home" button in the webpages of HomeSeer. But when I go to the site directly with first custom page set as homepage, I am getting an error "404 Bad Request: /"

I have setup the custom page as buildpage.aspx, with and without the "/". there is no differences there. In both cases the home button itself is working fine. I am hoping you can point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Wim
              Last edited by w.vuyk; December 16, 2016, 08:55 AM.
              -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

I'm at work at the moment but I think if you save your home page config to home.ini, then you can just call buildpage.asp on it's own. Otherwise you need to set the URL to buildpage?val=someini
                Jon

Comment

I'm at work at the moment but I think if you save your home page config to home.ini, then you can just call buildpage.asp on it's own. Otherwise you need to set the URL to buildpage?val=someini
                  I have saved the start part of the page to homepage.ini, sorry, missed to say that. Calling buildpage without parameters does open the initial page.
                  This page appends a extra qv and with tabs I can go to other pages as well.

I have set the custom pages in HS3 settings to buildpage. Pressing the home button in HS3 works as expected. This way I can reach the webpagebuilders results.
                  But when I go to my site (e.g. 192.1.192.xxx) it will give the error, where I would expect to be forwarded to buildpage.aspx?

Wim
                  -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Have you tried setting the custom URL page to:

/buildpage.asp?val=homepage
                    Jon

Comment

Have you tried setting the custom URL page to:

/buildpage.asp?val=homepage
                      Jon,

I was using the buildpage.aspx all the time. when I use the buildpage.asp it works, also without parameters.... appearantly there is a difference there?

Solved for me now Thanks!!!

Wim
                      -- Wim

Comment

Like HS2, there is a bug in HS3 where URL parameters cannot be passed in the custom pages using ASPX. That was the reason for providing homepage.ini in the first place.
                        Jon

Comment

Jon, thanks again for such a wonderful plugin. The web page builder is a fantastic solution for quickly building very functional web pages. I use this plugin to provide quick status to a number of items HomeSeer and my wife really likes the way she can easily get a overview of our home and it's automation from her laptop.

Right now I am designing a few control pages for her and she has noticed that when she controls a light the page will refresh however, the light status does not change. I am using the JSONRefresh strings to control devices. I have noticed that if you click a device to change the status, the JSONRefresh does its job, however the refresh is a bit quick and the device status still shows the previous status. Is there a configurable parameter that would allow delay of the refresh so that it could pickup the true status from the command that was just issued?

This is a screenshot of one of the web pages with the lights, not yet complete...
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	webpage-lights.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	1188355

This is the thermostat page that gives a overview of the two HVAC units. Will add control later.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	webpage-thermostats.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	1188356
                          Billy

Comment

Try this:

Under [Settings], add:

ButtonRefreshTime=1000

That should delay the refresh by 1 second.
                            Jon

Comment

Try this:

Under [Settings], add:

ButtonRefreshTime=1000

That should delay the refresh by 1 second.
                              Jon, the setting works like a charm, thanks for everything!
                              Billy

Comment

Hello Jon,

Is there any way to use the web page builder in Linux?

Comment

Working...
                                X