X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depends what you mean by Linux If Homeseer is running on a Zee and some Pi builds then it will not work (pages served by ASP.NET are too slow to load). If running the standard build of Linux, it may work now. Just use the supplied .aspx pages (rather than .asp) in the download.
    Jon

Comment

This would be on a Zee S2, RPi2. Would it be too slow if I upgrade to a RPi3? I would love to build a custom web UI for use on all our devices: Android phones, tablets, iPad, PC, laptop, etc. Forgive my ignorance, is it possible to offload the web serving work to another PC?
      Last edited by btorrenga; March 13, 2017, 07:12 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

I cannot really advise on the RPi3...perhaps someone with one could try and load the default test.aspx web page?

How? Open up the device management page in your web browser. Change the end of the URL from /deviceutility to /test.aspx and submit.

If it loads and reloads again with a refresh, it should be OK.

No you cannot offload the web server to another PC.
        Jon

Comment

Hi Jon, I need embed an image in a page. I have two choices:

1. Use an image that is the wrong size, and using [image] does not resize the image, just puts scroll bars around it. Is there any way to get the image tag to actually resize the image ?

2. Use an image that is the correct size from a site that requires authentication in the form http://<user>:<pass>@ip/image. I'm using the [embedrefresh] tag for this but it doesn't seem to like the url format that contains the user credentials.

Any suggestions?
          Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Under 1, are you using the optional image size parameters?

i.e. [image,<image url>,120,60]
            Jon

Comment

Yup. I tried those parameters and it kept the original image size but shrunk the display area (iframe?) and added scroll bars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

In that case, the URL that you are using is an iFrame and not the direct image file. I've just tried it here with a picture (jpg) from the Internet and it resizes correctly.
                Jon

Comment

You are, of course, absolutely right. I forgot to change the "embedded" tag back to "image". Sorry for wasting your time.

As an aside, does your buildpage.aspx have to be hosted by the HS3 web server or could it be served by IIS, for instance?

Comment

It would be very difficult. Even if you provide the HS references, you have to provide style sheets, image locations etc which are all referenced from Homeseer's html directory.
                    Jon

Comment

Is this Web Page Builder plugin still available? I went to Jon00's site and looked under the "Homeseer 3 downloads" section but didn't see a Web Page Builder utility.

I know dcdelong asked the same thing but that was back in 2015, so not sure if this was taken down or moved somewhere else.

EDIT: I just found it a minute later after posting this, sorry.

Comment

Yes it is still there.

Click on the 'Web server related' link on the left-hand side and it is the 6th down from the top.
                        Jon

Comment

Jon, I'm trying to set this up on my father-in-laws Zee2. When calling "/Buildpage.aspx?val=qv", I get this error:

Code:
                          System.Web.Compilation.CompilationException
                          error : Unhandled Exception:
                          Description: Error compiling a resource required to service this request. Review your source file and modify it to fix this error.
                          Details: error : Unhandled Exception:
                          Error origin: Compiler
                          Error source file: /Buildpage.aspx
                          Exception stack trace:
                            at System.Web.Compilation.AssemblyBuilder.BuildAssembly (System.Web.VirtualPath virtualPath, System.CodeDom.Compiler.CompilerParameters options) <0x6fbc0658 + 0x0089c> in <filename unknown>:0 
                            at System.Web.Compilation.AssemblyBuilder.BuildAssembly (System.Web.VirtualPath virtualPath) <0x6fbc0608 + 0x0001f> in <filename unknown>:0 
                            at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GenerateAssembly (System.Web.Compilation.AssemblyBuilder abuilder, System.Web.Compilation.BuildProviderGroup group, System.Web.VirtualPath vp, System.Boolean debug) <0x6fbd7580 + 0x007a3> in <filename unknown>:0 
                            at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.BuildInner (System.Web.VirtualPath vp, System.Boolean debug) <0x7058d440 + 0x0043f> in <filename unknown>:0 
                          Version Information: 4.5.1 (master/9db20c4 Fri May 13 15:41:42 EDT 2016); ASP.NET Version: 4.0.30319.42000
                          HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                          Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                          on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                          WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

The Zee's still have a bug when running .aspx web pages. Try calling test.aspx which is supplied with the HS3 build to see if that works.
                            Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                              The Zee's still have a bug when running .aspx web pages. Try calling test.aspx which is supplied with the HS3 build to see if that works.
                              Aha. OK. "test.aspx" gives the same error.
                              HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                              Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                              on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                              WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

How-to

Is there a way through CSS or something that I can quickly change the makeup of a page? For instance, a fairly busy page being quickly condensed to a more basic display?
                                Example, Some pages I have created look similar to:

Click image for larger version

Name:	post.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	1194809

the ini file is similar to this -
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	post2.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	1194810

Sometimes I would like just to have a quick view without the last-change
                                or other data (without having a separate ini file.)
                                Hope I am making sense.
                                Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X