Trouble with new install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble with new install

I installed an Ocelot and SECU16IR the other day and have finally gotten a chance to play around with it now. I am using Homeseer and the ADIOcelot plugin to make this happen via the PC as I have not looked at the CMax side of things yet.
    When I run an event from the machine or via PalmPad remote I see all kinds of activity on the PSC05 and the Ocelot but nothing happens at the switch level. If I change my interface back to the Smarthome USB Powerlink (plugged in next to PSC05)everything works as it did.
    The Ocelot has a green x10 light that will change to red and orange during commands and the PSC05 is solid red and then blinking as it should be.
    Is there some type of setup in CMax that needs to be done or something special? I also tried to just issue simple A1 AON commands from the Cmax stuff and those also do not work. I thought the Ocelot was the answer to a periodic 1132Cu hangup but now I am wondering.

What cable are you using between the Ocelot and the PSC05 ?
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

The supplied cable that came with the Ocelot. The pinouts are identical when held side by side so it is not a crossed cable. I belive this is the correct cable based on a comparision of another PSC05 cable that I have ( they match). Also the lights are consitent with a functioning device (PSC05 is solid and blinks when something is sensed).

Comment

Have you tried plugging a device into the same outlet that the PSC05 is plugged into to see if that works?
        -Rupp
        sigpic

Comment

No but I have the Powerlinc 1132CU direclty below the PSC05 and it works when the HS interface is directed at it. The PSC05 is turned upside down in the top outlet and the 1132CU is oriented correctly in the bottom outlet. I have also tried the PSC05 in 2 seperate outlets that are with about 15 feet of where my Panel Box is.

Also the Outlkets that the devices plug into are brand new and a direct run to the panel across he room. I added 8 outlets and a new 15 amp circuit on the panel - and yes I have both a coupler and repeater.

This is a prime example of an upgrade to shore things up and add IR. The Ir works great but the X10 is totally screwed.

Comment

If your IR is working then it points to something between the powerline and the ocelot. I had a cable problem in the past. The best place to get help with this type of problem is on the Applied Digital Message Board. ADI is very good about customer support so if there is a problem they will make it right.

Comment

I had cross posted their and Guy suggestted I connect the Ocelot to the PC and do some testing. SO I opened the ADIOcelot plugin and disconnectted. At that point I opened cmax and connectted to the controller, went to the Monitor X10 and I could see devices that were on. I then trigger a local light via plampad and whalla it went off and the status changed. Next I closed the monitor and then opened the Send X10 tool and sent a B7 B On command to turn the light back on that just went off.

This tells me the Ocelot is A OK and the issue is between the Ocelot and Homeseer. Do I need to do something to my devices and or events when I change the interface from the 1132CU to the Ocelot? When I switched back to the 1132 and restarted HS my stuff would work fine. This is actallu the 3rd time in a few days that I have tried to do X10 via the Ocelot with the same results.

Should I program all events and devices into CMAX and delete them in HS and then somehow create the virtual devices in HS to show the status? I thought I could use the Ocelot with my existing setup and gradually move stuff that was more critical over to the Ocelot.

Comment

Kevin,
                Have you tried the "other" Ocelot plugin? I use it mainly because it is a much simpler interface if you do not need all of the added functionality of the ADIOcelot plugin.
                -Rupp
                sigpic

Comment

I have not but I guess that is an option. My overall plan is to use the Ocelot and 16 zone IR to control both IR and X10 via HS. I think I will program my macros into the device via CMAX and take them totally out of HS as we have become very dependant on these as compared to individual devices.

I like the ADIO plugin because you could control what variables are seen by HS and I think the HS standard plugin creates everything.

Do you know if the regular plugin will write your HS values back to the Ocelot, the ADIO version I believe will also do this but again I have not been able to get that to work either.

Comment

There are three places on the homeseer setup page that need to be configured for the ocelot. These are View\Interfaces\X10 Interface, View\Interfaces\IR Interface, and View\Interfaces\RF,IO,Security,Custom.

The first of these is the one to allow the ocelot to be selected as the X10 interface. The third is the one to get access to the the SECU16 and the ocelot variables.

The plugin setup for the X10 consists of only a com port number. The com port for the X10, IR, and the plugin's com is all the same number. In the first two on the HS setup it is a pulldown. In the plugin setup it is a text box and only the number without the COM prefix should be entered.

Your prior X10 interface should not have altered the .interface property of the A to P device codes. If it did change it from blank to its plugin name then the ocelot plugin will think the device does not belong to it, but to the other plugin. The attachment will show all devices where the interface property is not blank. It is just an executable exe.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I ran the exe and all devices that are normal house codes are not listed so I assume they have not been altered. What I did notice was that the majority of my events show hsgirder or message server.

I have also verified the plugin is configured in the 3 locations.

Comment

There is a checkbox on the plugin to log comms. Enable this then do two things. One is to command an x10 device ON such as A1. The second is to send an X10 code down the powerline from a powerflash, maxi controller, etc. The log will go to a text file that I think is in the root homeseer folder by the name of something like ocelot.log. Also indiate the time of the stimuli which can be done by including a small segment of ah.log from the Homeseer root folder. Make certain the device properties of the X10 devices you are using does not have logging suppressed.

Comment

Working...
                        X