Secu-16-ir

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secu-16-ir

ok I feel really dumb about this. I am trying to figure out just what this does. I understand that it sends IR for IR distribution. what I am attemtping to grasp is its 16 "zones" does that mean it can only send/store 16 commands? or just that it can control 16 devices? or is it just 16 commands that could be sent at once? I tryed looking at its manual but it wasnt all that detailed being only 2 pages long.

It has 16 outputs, allowing you to send IR to 16 different locations.

I have mine sending 1 zone to the living room. Then in the living room I use a Buffalo splitter/amp to control 5 items.
    1 zone goes to the master bedroom where it controls 4 items.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

So in these Zones you can send different commands? say in the living room you send "on" to the television and "mute" to the sterio? both on the same "zone"? does the Secu16ir store these commands internally? or are they kept and sent from homeseer? if they are kept internal how many different commands can it memorize?

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhael
        So in these Zones you can send different commands? say in the living room you send "on" to the television and "mute" to the sterio? both on the same "zone"? does the Secu16ir store these commands internally? or are they kept and sent from homeseer? if they are kept internal how many different commands can it memorize?
        The SECU16ir is like a switch, each zone could be a different room, that way you could have the same model,make TV (for example) in say three bedrooms and use the same IR codes for each. Or use it as most people do, to make it easier to 'track' where your IR signals go to. Example zone one would send a IR string to all the devices in your living room. Once there you would use a distribution block (or Amp) to connect to the IR Flashers attached to each item. The IR commands are stored in your Ocelot. You have 16 zones to "play" with.

PaulH

Comment

Another thing is that the Sec16-IR maintains signal strength when using several zones in one area versus a single zone with the signal split different ways.
          Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
          My Hardware & Software

Comment

so is the answer to my question "it can send different commands to one zone" ? because i dont see a clear anser to my question. I now know that the commands are in the ocelot thats usefull to know. but can I blast a "zone" that has say a dvd player (lets call it a sony) and a television (an Apex for the example) and a surround sound system (make this toshiba just for S's and G's) with different commands? as per my original example say I have the want or desire to start a movie. I use my interface to start it and it fires or "blasts" these commands to the ONE zone: turn on tv, tune to video input 1; turn on surround sound, switch to dvd; turn on dvd player, play. does this all happen within that one "zone" ? if so how many commands can one zone fire? how many commands or ir codes can the ocelot learn?
            Last edited by Mikhael; September 13th, 2005, 06:43 AM.

Comment

The ocelot can learn 1024 IR commands.

Any of those commands can be sent to any zone.

HomeSeer has a feature where you can enter a device (TV, DVD, Sat, etc) and select a zone for that device. If you just send that IR command it will default to that zone. But in your scripts or events, if you add a zone paramater then it will override the default.

I have an event triggered by pressins a button on a stick switch, that turns off the TV, A/V Receiver and Sat Receiver in the Living Room. It does not send those same commands to any other zone.

You could also setup in a Master Bedroom zone, an event that turns off a TV, puts the A/V Receiver on Satellite and changes the Satellite to a music channel. We listen to ch. 975 on Dish Network while we are sleeping.
              --
              Jeff Farmer
              HS 3, HSPhone
              My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
              Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

perfect answer gave me all the information i needed thank you

Comment

Working...
                X