No announcement yet.

Secu16 relays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That explains why it didn't work when I first loaded it then. Let me re-check the handling of the misc value tonight. Thinking back over it I've gotten in the habit now of disabling the plugin, shut down, upgrade, start HS, enable plugin for upgrades. I probably never went through a startup with the plugin enabled when I hadn't been mucking with the misc value. I know that it did set the misc value correctly when I re-created the one device.
    jim

Comment

Okay, I set the misc=0 (which is what most of mine are set to except for the two devices that I was changing by script). Restarted and shutdown several times. No matter which interface name I had chosen the misc value was not changed.
      jim

Comment

Turns out I only changed the property when new devices were created. I added this change to the logic that changes the .interface property name so a toggle back and forth on the Interface property will force the .misc property as well. I posted it V1.13.1 at the top of the ADIOcelot subforum

Comment

This version set the misc value when I changed the interface name. Everything looks good to me except for one little item - the debug statements are still being logged.

Code:
          11/15/2005 6:59:08 PM ~!~Info~!~Event Trigger "Test Relay"
          11/15/2005 6:59:08 PM ~!~Info~!~Speak ():off
          11/15/2005 6:59:09 PM ~!~Info~!~Device: Secu16 Unit 1 Relay Output 2 (]10) OFF
          11/15/2005 6:59:09 PM ~!~ADIOcelot~!~SetIO for ]10, cmd=3, bri=0, d1/d2=0/0
          11/15/2005 6:59:09 PM ~!~setio ]10~!~SECU Unit=True, Command=3, Value=0 0 
          11/15/2005 6:59:09 PM ~!~DVIOTYPE ]10, DeviceInterface=ADIOcelot~!~PluginInterface=ADIOcelot, Command=3,0
          11/15/2005 6:59:09 PM ~!~SETDEVICEVALUE Called ]10~!~0
          11/15/2005 6:59:09 PM ~!~ADIOcelot~!~SetIO for ]10, cmd=19, bri=0, d1/d2=0/0
          11/15/2005 6:59:09 PM ~!~setio ]10~!~SECU Unit=True, Command=19, Value=0 0 
          11/15/2005 6:59:09 PM ~!~SETVALUE ]10~!~19,0
          11/15/2005 6:59:09 PM ~!~Val=0~!~unit=1Point=1
          11/15/2005 6:59:09 PM ~!~Return from SETDEVICEVALUE Call ]10~!~0
          thanks for taking care of this
          jim

Comment

Thanks Jim. I'll remove the debug and prep it for Rick.

Comment

I didn't see the link to V1.13.1. Is it still posted or did it get sent to the updater?
              Thanks alot
              Dave

Comment

It is a .2 version at the top of the ADIOcelot subforum in a sticky

Comment

I'm sorry, I don't see a sticky anywhwere. I know I've looked before but I must have something checked to not display them.
                  Thanks
                  Dave Everson

Comment

OK I found the update and downloaded it. I unzipped it and am at a loss as to what to do now. I currently have it on the desktop. Does it have to be put into the HomeSeer 2.0 directory?
                    Thanks
                    Dave Everson

Comment

-shutdown HS
                      -unzip the downloaded file and copy the hspi_adiocoelot.exe file into the HS directory replacing the existing one.
                      -start HS, the version reported for Adicelot plugin should change
                      -goto AdiOcelot setup screen, on the General/Variables tab you'll see a spot named "Interface name" with "Applied Digital Ocelot" selected. Change the selection to "Adiocelot". Select Update.

That should be it.
                      jim
                      -

Comment

That was it. Now the fireplace has a high WAF back!!!
                        Thanks for all the help.
                        Dave

Comment

I just installed the latest ADIOcelot plug-in but didn't really need it for relays. However, I would like to utilize some relays but haven't come up with an idea that was worth the effort. Any suggestions? Don't want to step all over the original intent of this thread so I can start another one.
                          Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
                          My Hardware & Software

Comment

All my relays control the coil to other relays that are matched to the load I want to control. 240VAC pump for the waterfall, 24VAC for the furnace fan, 24VAC for the irrigation master power moding, 24VAC for fireplace damper control. In the past I also hacked video switcher RF remote so the ocelot relay directly provided the simulated button push. In general the SECU16 relays are light duty so I prefer to keep them safe and let the loads be carried by "disposable" relays designed to handle the desired loads.

Comment

I use one to control the gas fireplace and one to control the furnace fan to even the temperature from upstairs to the basement. They can also be used for garage door control and to control whole house fans.
                              Just a few of the many, many things the relays are good for.
                              Thanks again for the plugin!!
                              Dave

Comment

Thanks guys.

I was thinking of fan control. I have a whole house fan that is used when temperatures are not quite warm enough to reuqire AC. I could use the temperature feedback from the X10 stat near it as a trigger for actuating the relay.

I had thought of doing the garage door control. I now use a PowerFlash for closing the door only and haven't gotten around to moving to a relay since I would need to mess with a "sacrificial" relay as Michael mentioned. I do use a Secu16 input for monitoring open/ajar/closed status using resistance circuit that gives three states.
                                Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
                                My Hardware & Software

Comment

Working...
                                X